The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rakata vs Orange/Armormech

uebermann

So I've got a nice assortment of modded orange gear and armormech gear and I'm looking at the Rakata gear with a bit of disdain.

I know its supposed to be better, and it does have much more aim, endurance, and armor rating than my current gear, but I'll be losing a good bit of mitigation too if I were to use it.

Here's the gains at a glance from the spots I would be using this in (every slot minus bracers as I have those on already):

Rakata

4520 armor rating (base)

637 aim

748 endurance

255 accuracy

122 defense

62 absorption

0 shield

Current

3763 armor rating (base)

402 aim

585 endurance

27 accuracy

168 defense

81 absorption

255 shield

Overall changes by using Rakata:

+757 armor rating (base)

+235 aim

+163 end

+228 accuracy

-46 defense

-19 absorption

-255 shield

Not having hard mode or nightmare mode ops, I've no clue about the gear but I'm assuming end game PTs are using the Rakata gear. I know having the extra aim, hps, and armor is helpful but is it worth losing 290 points of mitigation stats? Does one actually need the extra 1630 hps provided by the endurance difference for tanking end game hm/nm modes?

Thanks for any input.

Edited by uebermann

pretty sure shield and absorb are pretty much worthless in PvP

Great job pointing out the obvious on a PvE set ... why post at all?

As far as the armor values, I would honestly have to look at the numbers. Sure, you are losing quite a bit of defensive stats, but you are also gaining a lot of armor. Does it make up for it? I don't really know.

I guess you could try plugging values into that one tanking sheet for BH that is floating around. I am probably going to try out the Armormech stuff first, as that is my craft of choice. I am sure the gear is going to become obsolete pretty quickly after doing the HM dungeons and raids.

I would probably go with the Rakata set, but I honestly can't tell you off the top of my head, numbers wise, which is really better.

Edited by Vidrak

I should probably expand this to the Columni gear too but here's from the MorningMusume's spreadsheet/post

Use the spreadsheet for a better indication for your gear, but as a rule of thumb:

Absorb Rating > Defense > Shield Rating > Armor.

Relative stats values for my actual gear (I recommend to calculate your own):

Absorb Rating 1,55

Defense Rating 1,10

Shield Rating 0,77

Armor Rating 0,38