Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Are operatives using melee, or ranged attacks to 2 shot people?

Chiricahua

That's one statement I've read in the forum. They said the Operatives/Smugglers were melee, but when they said 2 shot I was immediatly thinking ranged. Players have already explained to me they (operatives) never use cover. So which attacks are they getting the uber crits? Melee or ranged.

They are melee, it is more like 3 shots. They can kill any class in full pvp gear in about 3-4 seconds. MAYBE 5 seconds.

They will try and defend themselves saying it is all "Biochem", but let them beat that dead horse, as it has already been proven that was only a straw in the haystack.

My guess is your thinking of rolling one and hopping on the bandwagon, I say go ahead, more power to ya. The more and more this happens, the sooner they will get the diserved nerf.

They are melee, it is more like 3 shots. They can kill any class in full pvp gear in about 3-4 seconds. MAYBE 5 seconds.

They will try and defend themselves saying it is all "Biochem", but let them beat that dead horse, as it has already been proven that was only a straw in the haystack.

My guess is your thinking of rolling one and hopping on the bandwagon, I say go ahead, more power to ya. The more and more this happens, the sooner they will get the diserved nerf.

I've already rolled one, but I don't like playing melee. Also, why do they get two really good stuns? There are too many stuns in this game already.

Edited by Chiricahua

They are the stealthing OPs who appear behind you, stab, knockdown, stab stab dead in melee range. Ranged OPs can use cover but they only have 2 or 3 30m ranged attacks and they don't hit anywhere near as hard as backstab or lacerate and whatever else they are using. As a Sniper, it takes me 6-7 attacks minimum to kill someone from 30m range, but usually a lot more. Snipers use range, and the hard hitting burst OPs use stealth/melee.

The other factor is that relic and adrenal usage don't break stealth, so right before they attack and leave stealth they can buff up for 15 seconds then attack, then go back to stealth. Everyone else has to take the time to use them, hotkey them, etc., usually in the middle of combat already, so it is much easier for them to prepare their buffs and attack without losing any combat time or being spotted.

I was avoiding this conversation until now. Im in full champ, BM gear, heavy armor - just had a scoundrel kill me in mere seconds. I popped stun breaker, shield (50% reduction in damage) and my heal, still died.

That cannot be reasonably defended.

And Bioware's silence doesn't inspire much confidence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.