If you hit Biochem, hit other professions too.

idipper

I am actually a BIOCHEM, so the 400 req on consumables doesn't make any difference to me. But there are a lot of people who leveled biochem for the consumables just to drop...

They got screwed - albeit anyone could have inferred it was coming.

So why can Synthweavers craft themselves socketed rakata belts/bracers, with augment slots, that are not 400/400 synth required to wear, then drop it for biochem consumables?

Crew skill restrictions on *BOP* needs to be applied across the board, have a little integrity and consistancy.

So only Bio/Cyber are 400/400 req, while other classes craft themselves rakata augmented bops, and other various bop augments, with no CREW SKILL REQ, only to drop it and then get the added bonuses from BIOCHEM.

Its just blantant and spitting hypocrisy. Too flagrant.

Edited by idipper

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they'll get around to it...

Remember they already nuked slicing into the ground, and they nuked cybertech along with you.

Biochem will still make money hand over fist end game on adrenals and other things so relax. You haven't been phased out of being useful.

So why can Synthweavers craft themselves socketed rakata belts/bracers, with augment slots, that are not 400/400 synth required to wear, then drop it for biochem consumables?

Well, I can't speak for synthweaving, but as an Armormech, I can assure you that the Rakata belts/bracers I can craft are complete doo doo. So I'm not crafting them. So you don't have to worry about me crafting them and dropping Armormech.

So only Bio/Cyber are 400/400 req, while other classes craft themselves rakata augmented bops, and other various bop augments, with no CREW SKILL REQ, only to drop it and then get the added bonuses from BIOCHEM.

IF those pieces of gear are actually better than other gear you can easily acquire at 50 (again, for me they aren't), this may be a little unfair, for about a week. But then, the armor will be replaced by something better they got from a drop, and then there will be no difference. Or, perhaps a schematic for a new BOP bracers/belt will drop and they will wish they didn't drop their crafting skill so soon.

Biochem got the greatest stuff in the game, immediately, to which there were no comparable items attainable at 50. Your premise of "Synthweaving can get their BOP item and drop Synthweaving and still use it so that is unfair" is only unfair if their craftable items aren't comparable to stuff that non-synthweaviers can get. And at least for Armormech, that isn't the case. You're using the same bracers I'm using, and you get a medpac.

Edited by lifewontwait

I dont care if they can't be crit crafted.

The issue lies in that they can get AUGMENTED (+28 main stat) Rakata gear, then drop it and get BIOCHEM benefits.

Thats just not an even field of play.

Either make it so rakata craftables can't be critted, or give it a crewskill req - then I have no issue with players making rakata gear then dropping it for BIOCHEM.

When they can get rakata gear + open augment slots, then go biochem then its just getting silly.

Edited by idipper

i dont think they could make armstech any worse , and there was something abit OP about a crew skill that was being used as an actual requirement for guild entry etc lol .

biochem needed to be nerfed

Biochem needed a nerf. Sure, it's very potent. Again my issue is the CONTRADICTION.

C

O

N

T

R

A

D

I

C

T

I

O

N

Rakata items is the best quality item that you can attain at the moment, and if you crit it has an augment slot... so they are better than anything you can find

so at the moment Crafting skill = Best item in certain slots

the really awful crafters just haven't figured it out a month in

I am actually a BIOCHEM, so the 400 req on consumables doesn't make any difference to me. But there are a lot of people who leveled biochem for the consumables just to drop...

Crew skill restrictions on *BOP* needs to be applied across the board, have a little integrity and consistancy.

/signed

I have said this many times. I honestly could design a better and more balanced system than BW has when I was 15 years old. Why give huge bonuses and BOP consumables to 2 crafting classes and no one else? It simply makes zero sense.

They could simply leave everything how it was if they just added incentives to the other classes as well. It isn't that difficult to figure out.

/troll or just stupid.

Edited by Vesperr

Nothing to see here, OP is enraged his crew skill of choice was nerfed (maybe he was trying to go around it by dropping biochem with rakata consumables, if so he should have thought about it and not taken the risk and is fully capable of releveling biochem).

Relax, calm down, get yourself a nice cup of coffee or something else you enjoy, and think things over.

Everyone knew Biochem was overpowered and was going to get a nerf. It was only logical they'd make rakata consumables require biochem before long. If you dropped biochem, you can relevel it. Like everyone is saying, Biochem is still the most profitable profession in the game. Rakata items on other professions kind of suck compared to biochem, this hasn't changed either.

Things are okay.

Nothing to see here, OP is enraged his crew skill of choice was nerfed (maybe he was trying to go around it by dropping biochem with rakata consumables, if so he should have thought about it and not taken the risk and is fully capable of releveling biochem).

Relax, calm down, get yourself a nice cup of coffee or something else you enjoy, and think things over.

Everyone knew Biochem was overpowered and was going to get a nerf. It was only logical they'd make rakata consumables require biochem before long. If you dropped biochem, you can relevel it. Like everyone is saying, Biochem is still the most profitable profession in the game. Rakata items on other professions kind of suck compared to biochem, this hasn't changed either.

Things are okay.

This right here is what is wrong with this community. Something being useful is overpowered, lol.

Things are okay.

I'm not enraged at all man. You're really clueless. Players can crit craft Rakata BOPs, get 2+ augments granting +56 in the main stat, then drop it and PICKUP biochem and get the added benefits from BIOCHEM.

Did you read my post? Hello?

Are you following me or do you drool over yourself a lot?

Its not about profits, its about min/maxing. Go play eve or farmville.

- (maybe he was trying to go around it by dropping biochem with rakata consumables, if so he should have thought about it and not taken the risk and is fully capable of releveling biochem).

Nope, been bio since day one, it treates me well. Will not drop it, not ever. Good assumption. Good input. I can tell you're a quality player.

Edited by idipper

Maybe if they hit the other crew skills besides Biochem hard enough, they'll accidentally make them useful.

Biochem is still completely overpowered compared to the horrible state the rest of the crafting skills are in.

Maybe if they hit the other crew skills besides Biochem hard enough, they'll accidentally make them useful.

Biochem is still completely overpowered compared to the horrible state the rest of the crafting skills are in.

Pretty much once you can get Champion or higher gear Cybertech is complete crap.

Not the point, although IM IN FULL AGREEMENT. TOTAL AGREEMENT. The point was being able to craft BiS belts/bracers, with SOCKETS, then dropping it and joining me in the most overpowered profession.

That gives you a bit of an edge. Its just troubling me that not everyone understands that - it's too basic a concept.

The only way I can match that, is to drop my BIOCHEM, lvl synth for BOP augmented belt/bracers, then drop synth and REPICK up BIO.

Once I do that, we're on the same footing.

Do you get me?

Edited by idipper

I never thought of it this way. Interesting.

My understanding through threads in this forum was that you can buy (or find?) better armor than you can craft in end game. Maybe I'm wrong about that. Anyway, I'll go with you and assume that a Synthweaver who crits on her best armor and gets a top augment now has better armor than can be acquired without crafting. This armor doesn't require any Synthweaving to USE, so the person drops Synthweaving and picks up Biochem because then she can use the top Biochem-only items.

You're saying this is unfair for Biochem, because you can't drop your craft to pick up another without giving up your ability to use your best items you've crafted for yourself. But I've always thought of it as unfair to Synthweaving: As a Biochem, you can buy crit Synthweaving armor on the GTN (if anyone is selling it, which I understand would be very rare), or if you have a Sythweaving friend, they could make you this armor and give it to you. But even if you were friends with a Synthweaver, you wouldn't be able to repay her by trading her your best Biochem items. Only a Biochem is able to use all the best items (regardless of how he obtained the other items). Essentially, there's no good reason to remain a Synthweaver, while there is a good reason to remain a Biochemist. That's what seems unfair to me.

I think we want the same thing. Either make all crafting items available to all players regardless of crew skills, or give all of the crafting skills their own "crafters only" items. The fact that both Biochem and non-Biochem people view the current system as unfair just means something should be fixed.

I never thought of it this way. Interesting.

My understanding through threads in this forum was that you can buy (or find?) better armor than you can craft in end game. Maybe I'm wrong about that. Anyway, I'll go with you and assume that a Synthweaver who crits on her best armor and gets a top augment now has better armor than can be acquired without crafting. This armor doesn't require any Synthweaving to USE, so the person drops Synthweaving and picks up Biochem because then she can use the top Biochem-only items.

You're saying this is unfair for Biochem, because you can't drop your craft to pick up another without giving up your ability to use your best items you've crafted for yourself. But I've always thought of it as unfair to Synthweaving: As a Biochem, you can buy crit Synthweaving armor on the GTN (if anyone is selling it, which I understand would be very rare), or if you have a Sythweaving friend, they could make you this armor and give it to you. But even if you were friends with a Synthweaver, you wouldn't be able to repay her by trading her your best Biochem items. Only a Biochem is able to use all the best items (regardless of how he obtained the other items). Essentially, there's no good reason to remain a Synthweaver, while there is a good reason to remain a Biochemist. That's what seems unfair to me.

I think we want the same thing. Either make all crafting items available to all players regardless of crew skills, or give all of the crafting skills their own "crafters only" items. The fact that both Biochem and non-Biochem people view the current system as unfair just means something should be fixed.

Crit synth gear isn't at all comprable to crit rakata gear. We're talking about 110+ willpower or mainstat difference. Trust me, I've been 50 since launch. Although I deeply appreciate your very reasoned and thoughtful response.

And I can see the frustration early on - but the game is in the stages now where lvl 49 crafted gear is generally not as good as decent raid gear.

There are exceptions - Veracity implants for Jugg as a Biochem are incredibly strong, and likely superior to raid gear.

So giving all crew skills few items that they can crit on, thats better than raid gear -

or very comprable to raid gear may help.

I notice that as biochem, if I itemize my implants well, they're vastly superior to 120 daily/hm drops.

That can be an issue of sorts, if no one else is on the same level.

Edited by idipper

So we're acting as if Critting on Crafted Rakata gear is easy to do now? All Rakata gear needs Blue and Purple quality mats to make.. which is not a cheap investment. Then you'd need to make them repeatedly til you get a crit. Then you'd need to drop your crafting and spend upwards of 200k to get Bio to max level, and then gather the mats to make the Purple quality Bio items.

This scenario would require around a half a million credits and take weeks to accomplish unless you were incredibly lucky. It's much more productive simply to Raid the Hardmodes.

So we're acting as if Critting on Crafted Rakata gear is easy to do now? All Rakata gear needs Blue and Purple quality mats to make.. which is not a cheap investment. Then you'd need to make them repeatedly til you get a crit. Then you'd need to drop your crafting and spend upwards of 200k to get Bio to max level, and then gather the mats to make the Purple quality Bio items.

This scenario would require around a half a million credits and take weeks to accomplish unless you were incredibly lucky. It's much more productive simply to Raid the Hardmodes.

Everyone in my guilds doing it, its not hard if you've been raiding for weeks now.