Today IS launch day.

nixhexxion

For all the people whining about not getting in, I'm sorry. I'm not in either.

To all of the people whining about the whiners, I'm sorry. I can't stop them.

The truth is TODAY is launch day. Saying any different would be like me saying I'm making a special dinner 5 days from now, but make the same dinner every day up until then and only letting a select few who showed interest in my dinner 5 days from now eat.

It doesn't matter what date bioware says they're going to launch. On the 13th, BW opened up the flood gates to players, EGA is another term for stabilizing servers for the masses that don't get in on day 1-2-3-4-etc.

So stop complaining, today is launch, and you'll get in eventually.

You have my word.

(edited for clarity)

Edited by nixhexxion

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its like previews with a Broadway show or early screenings of a movie... Its not the official release but it is a release where select members of the public (typically anyone but first come first serve) are allowed to participate...

i see what you're trying to say here, but you're just as focused on semantics as others.

BW defines launch day as the 20th.

you say that's wrong. launch day is defined as the day the game is first available. hence, launch day is the 13th.

your point is just as valid as bioware's... but really, they OWN the game. they MADE the game. they are the GOD of the game. therefore, they define 'launch day', not you.

Its like previews with a Broadway show or early screenings of a movie... Its not the official release but it is a release where select members of the public (typically anyone but first come first serve) are allowed to participate...

You make much sense. But the truth is the show starts the day it starts. Auditions are done, practice is over, game time. When that curtain raises, no matter how few people are there to watch it, you still give it your all.

i see what you're trying to say here, but you're just as focused on semantics as others.

BW defines launch day as the 20th.

you say that's wrong. launch day is defined as the day the game is first available. hence, launch day is the 13th.

your point is just as valid as bioware's... but really, they OWN the game. they MADE the game. they are the GOD of the game. therefore, they define 'launch day', not you.

I'm not arguing with BW. I'm arguing with the people that say "I WANT IN NOW"

If today is the games official launch then why are their no copies of the game on store shelves? Why has no one yet received the product activation code for the game?

The launch is the 20th.

your logic is flawed. If youre saying that launch day is determined by people getting their activation codes then you mine as well say that the 16th is 'launch' day as that is when activation codes are going out.

The truth is TODAY is launch day. Saying any different would be like me saying I'm making a special dinner 5 days from now, but make the same dinner every day up until then and only letting a select few who showed interest in my dinner 5 days from now eat.

It doesn't matter what date bioware says they're going to launch. On the 13th, BW opened up the flood gates to players, EGA is another term for stabilizing servers for the masses that don't get in on day 1-2-3-4-etc.

You have my word.

(edited for clarity)

Well, FOr christmass i'm making dinner for 10 people. You realy think i'm going to make the soup THAT day?

NO! I'll make 4 out of 5 courses 1 or even 2 days ahead of the actual dinner. and YES i'll be eating them those two days (aka make 13 portions of it and we eat 3 that day to test em).

That's the exact same thing they are doing here.

You have my word.

(edited for clarity)

Wrong...the flood gates are not opened to "anyone"...your average noob CANNOT go to gamestop n buy the game and play...until the 20th

If today is the games official launch then why are their no copies of the game on store shelves? Why has no one yet received the product activation code for the game?

The launch is the 20th.

Is the game up right now? Yes.

Is it beta still? No.

The game has "launched". You can call it EGA if you want, but by definition, the game has launched.

You have my word.

(edited for clarity)

Launch is Dec.20. EGA was originally Dec.15 start, so this is pre-EGA EGA LOL. Today is in no way "launch day".