Armour choices

Monkeypuzzle

Mopping the floor with the enemy as powertech is great, but it helps looking good doing it.

I think that the game so far lacks any decent looking armour. I'm not talking level 50 or 40. But even 20+. Theres nothing decent reward wise on offer. The best helmet I could get for my level was this one:

http://i.imgur.com/n3rB0.jpg

Which you have to admit, intimidating it is not.

It's just such a shame. The only decent looking gear I could find at my level was on the market at 5k+ credits. No thanks.

Also, another point, maybe it's because Im a PT, but I find 99% of the commendation rewards are useless. I was on Nar Shaddaa, and got 13 commendations, so went to buy some gear. Everything was useless to my class and even the pistols were offhand only. Not one single main hand pistol. Not to mention the armour was worse than I was using.

Am I alone in this thought?

Edited by Monkeypuzzle

I was on Nar Shaddaa, and got 13 commendations, so went to buy some gear. Everything was useless to my class and even the pistols were offhand only. Not one single main hand pistol. Not to mention the armour was worse than I was using.

Buy the MH orange pistol from Dromund kass and use commendations to upgrade the barrel since this will scale the blaster dmg to the lvl of the barrel mod. And continue doing this on every planet. U will never need a new pistol till 50., unless u find a better one from a quest. My sorc has had all orange gear since lvl 25 and i have just upgraded it with mods i purchase from commmendations keeping my gear on par with my lvl at all times.

The helms get a lot better around 35+...

More mandalorian/fett looking.

I really like the HOTH one a lot, but I'm using an orange one that looks like a mandalorian helm I found as a drop on quesh.

Also flashpoints starting around 35 drop a lot better looking helms.

FYI though, for you younger level bounty hunters... get the sith juggernaut helm from commendations on nar shada. It's orange, so you can swap out the STR mods for AIM ones, and it looks 300% better than any BH helm until 35ish.

I think the pvp gear is some of the best looking IMO. Aside from the strange helmet with the level 20 gear, the level 40 gear looks great. Even if you hate pvp, run around 15 warzones and you can get a complete set. The main peices are orange and you can mod them up as you level. I used my level 20 gear into my low 30's. Just a thought...

I think the pvp gear is some of the best looking IMO. Aside from the strange helmet with the level 20 gear, the level 40 gear looks great. Even if you hate pvp, run around 15 warzones and you can get a complete set. The main peices are orange and you can mod them up as you level. I used my level 20 gear into my low 30's. Just a thought...

Have you seen the Champion elim helm, looks like a shivveled up ... something. Butt ugly. I just hide the helmet. Not even sure I like the pvp look at max level.

Lets be honest, the lvl 50 PvP armour sets for BHs are hidious. You look like a goddamn mudcrab in it.

I really think they ****ed up with the design of those sets. Main reason I'm focusing on PvE, because I can at least look at my character and not throw up when I'm wearing the PvE set.

The best looking chest I found is the black talon orange one, too bad there are no other orange pieces with a similar color scheme to match to it. I like the mandalorian helmets still trying to get an orange one. The Hoth helms have that horn on top that is ridiculous looking but that is my current helm. I run with helm turned off due to really no decent looking helmets. After all we are bounty hunters! Keep it simple but effective! Lol

So far the best set of armor I have found (other then the Taris sets) is my TT-15A Powertech set which is just like the Taris sets but is black and red coloring only thing that sucks is there is no orange boots only blue and purple prototype versions but the rest is orange and I still wear the boots since they do have mod and enhancement slots just no armor slot.

The gloves and pants can be bought with taris comms and the rest I got off the GTM.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Edited by TheGuyver

Looked like that for a while...I find that removing the helmet from social window works best for me no helmet to see but its there...the helmet at LVL 50 I have is too big for the medium sized body...and as far as armor 50 is nice to have whatever but the champion gear is HIDEOUS

So far the best set of armor I have found (other then the Taris sets) is my TT-15A Powertech set which is just like the Taris sets but is black and red coloring only thing that sucks is there is no orange boots only blue and purple prototype versions but the rest is orange and I still wear the boots since they do have mod and enhancement slots just no armor slot.

The gloves and pants can be bought with taris comms and the rest I got off the GTM.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

I kinda like that. If they let us move 2/4pc bonus's I'd do it.

BTW the mods on my PVP boots disappeared twice (known bug if you removed them and then replaced them, that I didn't know about). They sent me the lvl 24 (not lvl required the title, like 22/23a/24) armor with expertise on it. AWESOME.

They just need to let us remove them ourselves and the bonus sets.