My biggest let down thus far...

DuceHason

Petty I know. Shallow, but here I go.

I got my first Assault Cannon with twin or multi barrels on it and was heart broken to see that BioWare took the cheap route and used the default single blaster bolt firing animation. I just feel a little 'cheated' by this is all. I mean come on it's BioWare!! I would have thought they of anyone would have take the extra steps of awesomeness and used bultibolt animations to match the barrels.

I guess it'd be one thing if they lined up the bolt to at least come one of one single barrel, but the fact that the bolt comes out of a point somewhere between the muzzles where there's nothing at all.

Petty I know. Shallow, but it's how I feel.

Edited by DuceHason

I guess it'd be one thing if they lined up the bolt to at least come one of one single barrel, but the fact that the bolt comes out of a point somewhere between the muzzles where there's nothing at all.

See: Death Star.

:p

I agree fully having had triple, double and single barrel cannons now at 50. In a perfect game single would be fastest firing least damage per hammer, double would be alternating rounds slower but harder hitting and triple would fire three rounds at once but the damage would average out to be the same across all three. That said it won't ever happen because people will complain that they have less customization options compared to Commandos. All just my opinion btw.

Yeah, it was a real letdown when I first got the one on Tatooine as well.

Another disappointment was when I actually heard it fire. It sounds ridiculous too :(

I still use a double barreled, cause they just look so much cooler, but with every bolt, I wish there were two...

I'm more disappointed when it goes to a cutscene and you shoot someone with this magic pistol that appears off your belt rather than using the massive BFG on your back.

Yea, what's up with that?

Also, I agree with OP and it's made all those double-barreled guns unusable. But I like the single barreled ones better anyway.

What did you expect ?

Double firing and double damage for the same cooldowns ? A bit overpowered, don't you think ?

Double firing for the same damage ? A bit ridiculous that a double barrel cannon does the same damage as a one barrel one but looks like it fires both barrels.

Faster rate of fire ? Once again, a bit overpowered when you dish out grav rounds twice as fast.

What did you expect ?

Double firing and double damage for the same cooldowns ? A bit overpowered, don't you think ?

Double firing for the same damage ? A bit ridiculous that a double barrel cannon does the same damage as a one barrel one but looks like it fires both barrels.

Faster rate of fire ? Once again, a bit overpowered when you dish out grav rounds twice as fast.

i expected my gun with 5 barrels to use more than 1 barrel, it wouldnt have taken that much design time to you know... make it marginally realistic...

Make all 5 of my barrels shoot, keep the damage the same as if it was one barrel...

I'm more disappointed when it goes to a cutscene and you shoot someone with this magic pistol that appears off your belt rather than using the massive BFG on your back.

I couldn't agree more.

Also, since we're complaining about small things, the laser textures from Hammer Shot are pretty crap IMO (The basic attack from Pistols are way better detailed). You can clearly see the detail difference on the lasers when using Full Auto after Hammer Shot.

Edited by Drahkor

What did you expect ?

Actually, I would prefer alternating fire...

Easilly justified lore-wise by it reducing weapon overheating, allowing for extended fire, if it actually needed justification.