Pyrotech for lvling?

MAlqui

I'm currently lvl 31, and I thought it was a decent place to see how Pyro lvling is. I love how it's all based around the vblasters and rail shot. However, I feel like I'm having a harder time with mobs than I was with Arsenal.

Yeah, strong mobs go down quicker IF power shot and unload proccs. If not, then it takes much much longer.

On elite mobs, I'm using Gault still which still might be my fault, but atleast with my Arsenal I didn't die at all. I just seem ot have an easier time.

Should I just go back to Arsenal for lvling until 40 atleast for Thermal?

My BH is 38lvl now and I have lvl'd entirely as a Pyrotech. I did try Arsenal at one point and wasn't comfortable with it, so I respecced back to PvP Pyro tree.

I do use Mako for almost everything. In PvE I am highly successful at any type of mob, and rarely die, in fact when most elites fall dead at my feet, a lot of times I am still just under full health, yes I apply my CD's, but even with CD's ramping down, I have no reservation about pulling another Elite.

Another fact, many mobs I solo becuase I sent Mako away to sell my grey items, I might not kill elites without a companion out, but trash mobs are doable with better than average gear. At 38lvl I am right around 9500 health or more with just natural buff, no stims.

If Arsenal is so much better, then my loss I guess, I wanted to do more than spam Tracer Missile.

What I do wonder about is the healing tree, I would like to give that a shot someday and see how well it does. Any info on Heal tree would be greatly appreciated. Wish there was a dual spec arrangement in the game, maybe at some point in the future.

Can't say much about the spec, but don't use Gault for leveling unless you outlevel the content :p.

I used gault all the way up until the point i got skadge then i switched back to mako, gault pretty much does the same damage as you do early on and he makes questing a lot faster (id say it outweighs the downtime from now using mako)

I tried Pyro for leveling and as you mentioned it isn't as good as Arsenal. Just use Arsenal and you will be fine.

I personally prefer Mako all the way because there is ZERO downtime in healing or anything because no matter what other toon you take you will have to spend atleast some time for little bit healing. or pause for a breather. Mako makes life easier and leveling faster. Easy solo Golden mobs.

My BH is 38lvl now and I have lvl'd entirely as a Pyrotech. I did try Arsenal at one point and wasn't comfortable with it, so I respecced back to PvP Pyro tree.

I do use Mako for almost everything. In PvE I am highly successful at any type of mob, and rarely die, in fact when most elites fall dead at my feet, a lot of times I am still just under full health, yes I apply my CD's, but even with CD's ramping down, I have no reservation about pulling another Elite.

Another fact, many mobs I solo becuase I sent Mako away to sell my grey items, I might not kill elites without a companion out, but trash mobs are doable with better than average gear. At 38lvl I am right around 9500 health or more with just natural buff, no stims.

If Arsenal is so much better, then my loss I guess, I wanted to do more than spam Tracer Missile.

What I do wonder about is the healing tree, I would like to give that a shot someday and see how well it does. Any info on Heal tree would be greatly appreciated. Wish there was a dual spec arrangement in the game, maybe at some point in the future.

Arsenal is only better in that it is generally faster for leveling Pyro would be 2nd, and Bodyguard would be 3rd.

If all you are concerned with is what spec to level in, arsenal is an easy choice.

Yes, it gets boring spamming tracer missile. But it is certainly effective.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3000cZMckZcGMb.1

Pretty much what I rolled with at 31 and didn't have many problems. Start stacking crit/ surge as early as you can, and you'll notice a difference in your dmg output. Leveled 10-50 pyro with no real problems except the occasional bad pull or 1v4 beatdown in wzs :p.

Edited by Phrase