Instead of Z.O.M.F.G. RAGEQUIT, how about...

Nataswar

...we list some ideas as players for devs to read and get input from?

What's really funny is that many here don't seem to remember WoW's early days, when things were exploited, out of balance, professions were - uh - not there, etc... It took time to get it right. Let's give BW a chance to get it right as well.

My ideas / thoughts:

PVP - help offset unbalanced zones by buffing the outnumbered (a la WG in WoW).

Professions - make each have some BOP items that give significant buffs in different ways...lower commendation vendor item quality (or make it much harder to get...like faction rep in WoW).

FPS - Really people...you need more RAM in 90% of the cases. This game is more graphically intensive than WoW...dumb down your graphics or get more RAM. My rig is old, and I have to run TOR on low...but it still looks better than WoW atm.

I know...TLDR - if you have ideas, post. If you want to rage on, make your own thread and act like a fool there. :)

Not new, just don't post much on any forums.

I, for one, am giving them a lot more time to balance/fix things before heading out. The stories are good, the pve leveling game play is good, and I'm having fun. I don't PvP much, so I am not up on all of the problems there. I just know from years of playing WoW that it takes time to get it right...and they've been at this for over 7 years! I'm going to give TOR's guys more time to see if they improve things soon. If not, then my 85s in WoW await...patiently... :)

You mean like we did on beta forums? Yeah, fat lot of good came from that.

I have a saved screenie of a huge post on beta forums, saying "unless you want Empire to outnumber Republic 2:1. do this..." followed by pages of suggestions. And here we are, 6 months later, with Empire outnumbering Republic 2:1, and nothing done to stop it.

Edited by Sabbathius

What's really funny is that many here don't seem to remember WoW's early days, when things were exploited, out of balance, professions were - uh - not there, etc... It took time to get it right. Let's give BW a chance to get it right as well.

My ideas / thoughts:

Professions - make each have some BOP items that give significant buffs in different ways...lower commendation vendor item quality (or make it much harder to get...like faction rep in WoW).

FPS - Really people...you need more RAM in 90% of the cases. This game is more graphically intensive than WoW...dumb down your graphics or get more RAM. My rig is old, and I have to run TOR on low...but it still looks better than WoW atm.

I know...TLDR - if you have ideas, post. If you want to rage on, make your own thread and act like a fool there. :)

You must be new around here.

BioWare listens to NONE of the feedback that their players give them. Just look at the state the game shipped in. At least 50 bugs that had been present throughout beta were there for launch. Ability delay had 1000+ posts EVERY beta, and wasn't acknowledged until 4000+ posts after release.

BioWare is going to continue doing what they do. Ignore the fact that they are drowning and keep calling it a success, while pushing out trash like 1.1 that just further breaks the game.

I have seen dozens and dozens of posts by people who suggest a TINY change to the game where I find myself saying, "wow, that'd actually be pretty awesome" and nothing happens. BioWare cares not what the community thinks, only that they keep paying.

Edited by mattjgibson

If you like good PvP and aren't interested in PvE then there really isn't any reason to sub to SWTOR.

They will never be able to make their PvP playable. There are too many basic design issues that cannot be fixed.

Play SWTOR for the PvE or not at all.

This is not 2005, when the MMO genre was still very young in terms of mass appeal. It's seven years later, when World of Warcraft has pioneered many concepts and features that players now consider base and essential. As a customer, I expect a certain level of service. While I am sympathetic to the fact that the number of man hours needed to develop new content that is bug free and not inherently broken, the situation on Ilum, the length of queues for warzones at 50, and the lack of a rollback for the unearned valor gains the Empire got today made me cancel my subscription.

Step it up, BioWare. $15 a month isn't going to come automatically.

What's really funny is that many here don't seem to remember wow's early days, when things were exploited, out of balance, professions were - uh - not there, etc... It took time to get it right. Let's give bw a chance to get it right as well.

My ideas / thoughts:

Pvp - help offset unbalanced zones by buffing the outnumbered (a la wg in wow).

Professions - make each have some bop items that give significant buffs in different ways...lower commendation vendor item quality (or make it much harder to get...like faction rep in wow).

Fps - really people...you need more ram in 90% of the cases. This game is more graphically intensive than wow...dumb down your graphics or get more ram. My rig is old, and i have to run tor on low...but it still looks better than wow atm.

I know...tldr - if you have ideas, post. If you want to rage on, make your own thread and act like a fool there. :)

this aint beta bro and i dont plan to pay money so bioware has a *********** job. We dont suppose to employ them so they can come to day everyday to make a game finished it should already be done.

Finally a normal post on this forum. :)

People are getting ridiculous...

What the players here forget is that this game is a bit more then a month old. I remember times where Wow screwed up a lot. The trolls were all over the place, crying for attention.

WoW Pvp has never been, and is still not balanced. (But who gives a ****?)

The PvP balance in this game is almost perfect (Sure there are a few issues, but c'mon)

This whole IMP/REP farming thing was obvious to happen, I agree. Tomorrow this will be fixed. Until then, every Rep throwing him/herself in the Lion's snarl... well have fun.

I'm on a PVE server and I enjoy this game very much due to it's stories etc. There is much more cool content to come like the patch today (love the new area).

This whole PVP thing made my day. I am lucky to be on a server where reps and Imps are pretty balanced, and the PvP was just gorgeous. I'm sorry for you if you didn't experience it the same way. All in all the concept is good, just needs some basic fixing.

Before you scream for a Rollback... think of all the people who aren't interested in all this PVP Junk. Why should we pay so that your enemy will lose their valor ? A bit egoistic?

And what is all this Junk about TOR being dead now? ***. Why should a game die because of 1 day of PVPers being sad? I certainly won't leave because some Imp exploited his Valor 60 now and I didn't not.

Don't kill yourself, it's a game, if you let someone gank you for 4 hours straight, your own fault. GO do some homework instead, lol...

My ideas / thoughts:

first let me say, never post again unless you have your facts in line... wow was bad, but not this bad. even though no one played wsg and people were in 24 hour av games in wow it was still fun. here pvp is just an another form of pve with prizes at the end... and since we are giving out prized and NO ONE can loose because we live in a retated world where you are evne considered a WINNER everyone has to get something.... so the ballance will ALWAYS be off.

second, it is cute that you think you have voice in this... because what your opinion matters? dude you opinion matters like the poor saps that stood on wall st for 3 mts... fact, you have no opinion and the fact that these formus exist is only a means for people to a. toll b. communicate about how great the game is (other wise your post is deleted locked or account banned).

as it compairs to wow since you really want to go in that direction with your argument; wow was a great game when it came out... yes it had bugs but it also was ground breaking in many other ways. boss mech made the game worth playing 40 man raids made people work with each other, when bg came out the gear was good but not THAT good people played because it was fun. this game has attempted to take what works in other games and smash it together with a fisher price toy... which has failed in the past and is clearly failing now. i would not be supprized at this point if they come out with a patch where you just go afk and you get epic azz purps yo! after all everyone pays 15 usd per month shouldnt everyone win

My ideas / thoughts:

Whats even funnier than what you think is really funny is that you are using features from WoW to try and get bioware to improve this game with them, when 90% of this games population came to this game looking to get away from WoW. On a side note, how many mmo awards has WoW won, except for numbers? The only reason they had numbers is because they were the only mmo to EVER advertise on the television. WoW was a disgusting excuse for an MMO, and as such, it won close to no awards for any catagory in the MMO industry. Go take a look at Dark Age of Camelots awards for it's pvp and endgame content, it has won every last one for the last 11 years, including 2012. Thank you, that was all that's funny.

TLDR - Quit trying to improve this game using WoW as a reference, that game was a failure to the players. If you think it wasn't a failure, then you must be employed at blizzard where the only non-fail was in their pockets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.