The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

3 PM PST; 6PM EST; not a single heavy server.

Mannic

This^. Nobody knows what the server cap is. Launch week's heavy or full could be today's medium for all anybody knows because all we know is the caps were artificial while Bioware monitored performance and implemented queues to try and keep performance as optimal as possible.

The comparisons made in this thread aren't comparing tonight with launch.

They're comparing tonight with one week ago, right before the 30-day period ended, on Wednesday night. That was the whole point of creating this thread one week ago-- to track that night and make a relative comparison on the same night this week, so that it would be an apples-to-apples comparison.

One week ago there were more than 2.5 times as many heavy servers at the same time of night.

Edited by Mannic

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed this too, and while some people are deep in denial, and dont want to admit anything.. I noticed this started AFTER the free month was up, like the day after subscriptions kicked in. Im not insinuating anything or speculating on what is the cause, but I think it speaks for itself why all the servers where heavy/full prior to paid subscriptions kicking in and almost the next day they are all standard and light.

For those who dont want to see what this means, denial is fun, stick with it, who am I to tell anyone not to enjoy their fantasy worlds.

I will share a anecdote however, I came here with a few friends and only 2 stayed, the rest while they enjoyed the story just couldn't get into the gameplay decisions. Good Riddance some might say? You wont be saying that when EA or Lucas start taking drastic measures to get more players.

What the heck? Half the server list was heavy with the rest being standard and 3 very heavy's and now 2 full's at 11pm est. Stop freaking out ya'll. And stop filling up swiftsure and harbinger, if you're rerolling, roll on another heavy server thanks.

I am not going to browse your other posts to find this.. but what is your class, build and what FP were you doing?

also, you are saying that the average population on the server (what server?) is honestly 20 or less? Really?

I'm a Vanguard Tank on Saber of Exar Kun and was trying to do mandalorian raiders? What does it matter what I try to do anyway, there is no one to do it with. It feels like one empty sterile galaxy

11:16 PM EST..

Tons of heavy server.. Hell The Swiftsure has a queue?? Are you serious??

Really man? That's your argument? Really? Swiftsure is the exception because it's the Unofficial Oceanic server, or did you not know that? Everyone knows that server stays full because there are about ten thousand Aussies and Kiwis who rolled there so they could play together. Harbinger is the PvE version of Swiftsure (Unofficial Oceanic Server.) Those are the only 2 servers in NA consistently getting above heavy of late.

There are 122 servers in NA. For you to trumpet the fact that ONE server was full with a queue during prime time really defies any rational explanation.

Edited by Mannic

I noticed this too, and while some people are deep in denial, and dont want to admit anything.. I noticed this started AFTER the free month was up, like the day after subscriptions kicked in. Im not insinuating anything or speculating on what is the cause, but I think it speaks for itself why all the servers where heavy/full prior to paid subscriptions kicking in and almost the next day they are all standard and light.

For those who dont want to see what this means, denial is fun, stick with it, who am I to tell anyone not to enjoy their fantasy worlds.

I will share a anecdote however, I came here with a few friends and only 2 stayed, the rest while they enjoyed the story just couldn't get into the gameplay decisions. Good Riddance some might say? You wont be saying that when EA or Lucas start taking drastic measures to get more players.

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like decision making in an MMORPG, what is an RPG without any decision making? That for me would be very boring. Sounds like they enjoy action MMO's more than the RPG aspect. It changes the story line, my DS JK story is really shaping up to be very interesting and some of the lines by my companions are hilarious during them and very well delivered. Well to each his own.

2 servers are full right now with queues which is quite surprising, many heavy rest standard and light. I do agree that they have too many servers now and it would be a good idea to merge a few. Wish I had as much time to play as a lot of these other folks, I barely get in 2 hours on a weekday if I'm lucky, only time I can really play are the weekends. Of course it's 1130PM at night right now, and anyone that has a life or responsibility isn't going to be on for too long at this time of night. This weekend will really tell how the servers are doing and how many need to be merged and I don't think too many will.

With that being said of course some people dropped off, they certainly needed this many servers when the game launched especially during the holidays or ppl would have been pissed waiting incessantly to play. I bet that the majority of ppl that left were ppl who hit 50 in a few days or a couple weeks and had nothing to do. Now they'll go and rinse and repeat with another MMO trying to be the fastest to cap lvl, as if that means anything whatsoever. Regardless this game has a long life ahead of itself, the rapidity and speed at which they are patching and releasing new content has me quite pleased. Still haven't hit 50 yet but I will eventually. This game caters perfectly for the casual player like me, folks who play 24/7, well who wouldn't get bored playing any game that much?

Edited by Yowfatto

What the heck? Half the server list was heavy with the rest being standard and 3 very heavy's and now 2 full's at 11pm est. Stop freaking out ya'll. And stop filling up swiftsure and harbinger, if you're rerolling, roll on another heavy server thanks.

Unless you're talking about last week, you can't be serious. I linked to the server-status at 7 PM PST. We never got above 20% servers being heavy in NA. That's one in five. And you say half the server list was heavy? :eek:

Not like its a Wed and most people work or have school etc. 6pm EST means that most east coast people are either just getting home or just setting down to dinner. Prime time is from 8pm to around 11pm.

Try reading more than just the title of the thread, thank you.

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like decision making in an MMORPG, what is an RPG without any decision making? That for me would be very boring. Sounds like they enjoy action MMO's more than the RPG aspect. It changes the story line, my DS JK story is really shaping up to be very interesting and some of the lines by my companions are hilarious during them and very well delivered. Well to each his own.

2 servers are full right now with queues which is quite surprising, many heavy rest standard and light. I do agree that they have too many servers now and it would be a good idea to merge a few. Wish I had as much time to play as a lot of these other folks, I barely get in 2 hours on a weekday if I'm lucky, only time I can really play are the weekends. Of course it's 1130PM at night right now, and anyone that has a life or responsibility isn't going to be on for too long at this time of night. This weekend will really tell how the servers are doing and how many need to be merged and I don't think too many will.

With that being said of course some people dropped off, they certainly needed this many servers when the game launched especially during the holidays or ppl would have been pissed waiting incessantly to play. I bet that the majority of ppl that left were ppl who hit 50 in a few days or a couple weeks and had nothing to do. Now they'll go and rinse and repeat with another MMO trying to be the fastest to cap lvl, as if that means anything whatsoever. Regardless this game has a long life ahead of itself, the rapidity and speed at which they are patching and releasing new content has me quite pleased. Still haven't hit 50 yet but I will eventually. This game caters perfectly for the casual player like me, folks who play 24/7, well who wouldn't get bored playing any game that much?

I didnt mean conversation decisions. Im talking actual game play decisions devs have made like an example, not being able to train new lightsaber styles, ie if a Guardian wanted to use Dual Blades, or not being able to see someone elses ship until you have your own. Those are some of the gripes i have heard but there are more, like silly respawn timers on things which serve no purpose other then annoying players or how hard it is to get a group with the devs refusing to add in better grouping tools Etc.

Edited by LenaMarie

Try reading more than just the title of the thread, thank you.

So you're saying they need to merge a few servers? I'm sure they will, this weekend will be a really good test. Pop. cap lvls weren't as high as they are now when the game launched.

If you want to play on a heavy server.. play on a heavy server (or wait for server transfer to become available)..

Every MMO has a set of light servers/heavy servers.. Some people just like to play on light servers with their friends..

Sure.. maybe server merge will come later.. Who knows.

I didnt mean conversation decisions. Im talking actual game play decisions devs have made like an example, not being able to train new lightsaber styles, ie if a Guardian wanted to use Dual Blades, or not being able to see someone elses ship until you have your own. Those are some of the gripes i have heard but there are more, like silly respawn timers on things which serve no purpose other then annoying players or how hard it is to get a group with the devs refusing to add in better grouping tools Etc.

When a Jedi chose what path they are taking that's pretty much it, if they want dual blade they need to go with marauder, single blade Jugg. Guradian with dual blade would be ridiculously OP making marauders pretty much obsolete.

I haven't had any real issues grouping for anything, but I only get to play 1-2 hours on the weekdays and the weekends I can put in some actual time so 0 issues then finding groups. But to each his own, I simply keep questing or doing something else until I find a group which never takes very long. LFG cross servers though, well never had good experiences with that, dealt with way too many ********, LFG in server though or a better one wouldn't be against.

Pop. cap lvls weren't as high as they are now when the game launched.

This thread has nothing to do with launch. Launch is the stretch of a few days after the release of a game when it's absurdly popular because everyone's trying it and spending more time playing it than they ever will in the future. On launch day, my server was heavy. A week after launch it was "Full." It even had queue times for awhile. It hasn't gone above standard in 3 weeks that I've seen.

This thread isn't comparing tonight with launch. It's comparing tonight with 1 week ago. I don't really want to hear from players who are on one of the 30 or so well-populated servers that are still hitting heavy. The rest of us shouldn't have to re-roll and abandon our characters to have a decent experience when the devs can just merge servers or provide free transfers to take care of the problem. Lord knows, I have no desire to re-level either my BH or my IA.

Edited by Mannic

The Devs will absolutely not merge servers until such time that they conclude that the game is a failure and will never grow in the future.

Merging servers announces to the world that your game is dying, with the consequence that tons of current customers and future customers stay away.

The Devs will absolutely not merge servers until such time that they conclude that the game is a failure and will never grow in the future.

Merging servers announces to the world that your game is dying, with the consequence that tons of current customers and future customers stay away.

IMO, not merging servers when you still have a chance to improve the experience of people still playing actually causes games to fail more quickly. People who are already playing aren't going to quit over Bioware merging servers. They're not going to quit because of bad PR. They will, however, quit if their servers are dead. Enough players quitting will then speed up the onset of bad PR.

Like I said before-- I have no interest in re-rolling another BH to 50 or another IA to 33. I have no interest in starting over with 0 valor after hitting 25 on my IA and 47 on my BH. I have no interest in starting from scratch with crew skills. I have no interest in looking for yet another guild. I also have no interest in rolling a SW or Inq. If the servers remain dead I'll just find something else to do. It's not a threat, it's just reality. And that's how it works... if the devs are smart they'll fix the problem, because many of the players won't "work with them." I have no interest in paying to play an MMO no one else is playing.

Sacrificing your existing playerbase because you're afraid something will "look bad" and keep you from getting as many new customers is like refusing to quit smoking because in 10 years there may be a cure for cancer. You won't need as many new customers if you preserve your existing player base.

Edited by Mannic

Yeah, americans are the only people playing this game, n1.

When I did this test, every single European server was light. Would it really be fair for me to include that in the assessment?

When the European servers are heavy, the NA servers are all light or standard and virtually none are heavy.

So there is no one good time to do this. And since I, personally, am American, I care about the NA servers that I play on, not the European servers. Every single European server could be full 100% of the time, and it wouldn't change the issues with NA servers.

Edited by Mannic

When a Jedi chose what path they are taking that's pretty much it, if they want dual blade they need to go with marauder, single blade Jugg. Guradian with dual blade would be ridiculously OP making marauders pretty much obsolete.

I haven't had any real issues grouping for anything, but I only get to play 1-2 hours on the weekdays and the weekends I can put in some actual time so 0 issues then finding groups. But to each his own, I simply keep questing or doing something else until I find a group which never takes very long. LFG cross servers though, well never had good experiences with that, dealt with way too many ********, LFG in server though or a better one wouldn't be against.

That may well be your opinion and your entitled to it, but alot of people disagree, it really limits character customization. Not to mention people are probably use to every other Star Wars game in existence that allows you to pick whichever lightsaber style you want including, might I add, KOTOR 1 and 2. You could roll a Jedi Guardian and give him a double bladed saber with no issues. People like that kind of choice, so it is a issue.

In general from people i know personally whom have left, the opinion was the game is too Restrictive. Whos to say a Miralukan shouldn't be a smuggler? Or a Chiss cant be a Sith? Its unnecessary restriction. Besides, if a Guardian had dual blades, that doesnt imbalance much at all considering they wont have the special dual bladed moves like battering assault or some such so it balances it, especially when the general opinion is off hand weapons are more a bonus to dmg then any really meaningful additional attack.

Edited by LenaMarie