Please lower xp by 66%

CypherFett

:sy_darkside: Quest XP is fine the way it is. If you are one that goes way off the deep end to do every single possible thing, then don't sit there and complain that you are getting too much XP. It's your own fault.

Many people, such as myself, have absolutely zero interest in PvP, battle fields, space battles, or groups. If you are like me and just doing the regular quests, it works out just about perfect.

I know others that skip the optional quests and just do the class quests and don't get enough XP.

It's all about play style. Just because yours is to experience every single possible thing doesn't mean that BW should mold everything to your extreme play style.

Add button to eliminate xp then if i want from space and pvp. That would be fair although i cant see how you wouldnt want to try something you paid for.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree wholeheartedly. I just ding 37 on my only toon this morning. I don't have any alts nor any 50's yet. The current exp is nice. I can log in for about an hour and a half to 2 and get a level or do a FP. The wife stays happy cause I am not a slave to the pc or a zombie on my days off. I can choose to do space missions for fun as opposed to feeling like I gotta grind something. If I pass up a quest or a group of quests I don't worry because I can experience them fresh when i finally make an alt.

Please stop saying that people have to level in a manner you want them to or that people are leveling too fast. Some people needed this update so they had fresh content to play since thy devoured everything else. Others like me know that the new content today is something I won't see for another 3-4 weeks. I'm not mad that people burned through the game to ge multiple 50's please don't ask for my progress to be slowed

Oh yeah lower it !!! I really need to do MAOR kill 32143243214324 wampa quests

how about bioware makes a non xp gain option just for you while I do HMs

I know right?! Hell I can't play 8 hours a day like some of these people. I always have rested xp and it took me three weeks to get to 30! Now they want it to take longer.

We finally have a MMO that releases with plenty of content and people are leveling so quick they abandon quests because they are grey?! Seriously xp needs to be cut by 66% if you are going to leave xp in pvp and space battles.

Leveling to 50 should be something you have to work for and do the content. The xp you get from pvp and space battles is so much that i avoid pvp so as not to lvl off 2 or 3 rounds of it!

I see many people saying they are 50 but what kind of 50? A 50 who pvp and space battled and did barely any quests or side missions? Hows that lvl 50 crafting going how many purples in every lvl and category do you have? See what I mean anyone can lvl quick because they dump xp on you but if youre 50 and havent done every side quest, heroic, flashpoint and are a 400 crafter with purple in everything then i really dont want to hear you have nothing to do.

What you are really saying is the other stuff takes too long and is too hard. Make leveling a challenge and not instant gratification every 20-30 mins.

This game has storyline content and plenty of it. But that only accounts for maybe 5% of the game life.

End game is where we need real content as in great guild vs guild PvP. Until they put in more of that type of content the 95% is still lacking. Games are all about the end game; and people that rushed just got a head start. I'm not here for the story content, I'm here for the 95% end game content. Oh wait they didn't put in 95% content for end game, they thought they could just use the 5% over and over again on alts.

The best content is that which is player made and not dev scripted. Give guilds the tools to build mini cities and allow guilds to fight for those cities and you will see great content; of the political nature.

I know right?! Hell I can't play 8 hours a day like some of these people. I always have rested xp and it took me three weeks to get to 30! Now they want it to take longer.

Totally true. I play 3-4 hours a day and if BW listened to threads like these, we would all be in big trouble.

I agree that XP could be adjusted a little bit, especially on the first few planets. That being said, however, requiring people to jump through every hoop in the game to get level 50 is just bad business. SWTOR is following Blizzard's business model of catering to casuals, attempting to get as many people subscribing as they can. Casuals are not die hard MMO players and not everyone wants to do everything in the game just to progress.

Currently the XP seems to be set so that you can log in, play through all the solo quest content on a planet and be a little ahead for the next planet. If you're the type who logs in for an hour or two after work then goes to bed, that's perfect for you. The rest of us end up skipping Bonus Series.

Then hopefully they will add button to eliminate xp from space battles and pvp for those who dont want anything but the commendations and money. I hate getting levels off pvp and space battles it just feels wrong. Its the journey not the destination thats the best part of an MMO anyway.

XP is just fine. The way it is now, you play jusy your class quest on every planet. Every other planet after the capital world you skip the optional quests. With two factions and planet-skipping you are able to play the game 4 times easy without repeating content except flashpoints/warzones.

To me that is perfect.

Please stop saying that people have to level in a manner you want them to or that people are leveling too fast.

I was about to post exactly this. It seems a lot of threads on this forum could be summed up as "Please force everyone to play exactly the way I want to play. Never mind the fact that plenty of people might enjoy the game as it is. They're playing it wrong and I'm right."

This game has storyline content and plenty of it. But that only accounts for maybe 5% of the game life.

End game is where we need real content as in great guild vs guild PvP. Until they put in more of that type of content the 95% is still lacking. Games are all about the end game; and people that rushed just got a head start. I'm not here for the story content, I'm here for the 95% end game content. Oh wait they didn't put in 95% content for end game, they thought they could just use the 5% over and over again on alts.

The best content is that which is player made and not dev scripted. Give guilds the tools to build mini cities and allow guilds to fight for those cities and you will see great content; of the political nature.

i disagree people will find exploits like they are doing now in pvp. Space pvp would be nice if they could keep that exploit free.

...although i cant see how you wouldnt want to try something you paid for.

In my Opinion:

PvP = Attack people, die, and sit in the graveyard waiting for the res timer to reach 0, rinse and repeat. Very very repetative and boring as snot.

Space Battles = lame. cheap arcade style with a fire button and limited aim capabilities. Tried it for 20 minutes in beta. was very very unimpressed.

Heroic Groups = /1 Please someone group with me. Spam for 30 minutes and finally maybe get a group and run the 5 minute instance. lame. get a LFG tool and then we'll talk.

You can do your quests even when they are grey!! It seems they have a net zero XP debuff already IN the Game!

Boy they work quickly around here!

I dont want to do them when there is no challenge. Thats the whole point i am sorry if i confused you but i LIKE a challenge in a game.

I was about to post exactly this. It seems a lot of threads on this forum could be summed up as "Please force everyone to play exactly the way I want to play. Never mind the fact that plenty of people might enjoy the game as it is. They're playing it wrong and I'm right."

button taking off xp would be acceptable although why people would skip story content is a mystery when they are buying an RPG?!

I dont want to do them when there is no challenge. Thats the whole point i am sorry if i confused you but i LIKE a challenge in a game.

You have a point here. But this game has more incentive than any other MMO to reroll and play again after hitting 50...which I think is a good thing. Split it up. Take different quest chains on different characters. Level 8 50s and you'll get everything.

I may have missed someone else saying this...

Isn't the point behind quests going grey is to keep you from building extra xp? It doesn't mean that you can't do the quest. Same result as xp drop once you out level a mob. I personally like the way xp is working.

So how long do people want it to take than?

Everyday I see a post arguing both sides of this.

I personally think its perfect. I leveled 3 85's in WoW this last year and this is taking almost as long (or short depending on your outlook) and that's with 3 expansions too.

I may have missed someone else saying this...

Isn't the point behind quests going grey is to keep you from building extra xp? It doesn't mean that you can't do the quest. Same result as xp drop once you out level a mob. I personally like the way xp is working.

no challenge

We finally have a MMO that releases with plenty of content and people are leveling so quick they abandon quests because they are grey?! Seriously xp needs to be cut by 66% if you are going to leave xp in pvp and space battles.

Leveling to 50 should be something you have to work for and do the content. The xp you get from pvp and space battles is so much that i avoid pvp so as not to lvl off 2 or 3 rounds of it!

I see many people saying they are 50 but what kind of 50? A 50 who pvp and space battled and did barely any quests or side missions? Hows that lvl 50 crafting going how many purples in every lvl and category do you have? See what I mean anyone can lvl quick because they dump xp on you but if youre 50 and havent done every side quest, heroic, flashpoint and are a 400 crafter with purple in everything then i really dont want to hear you have nothing to do.

What you are really saying is the other stuff takes too long and is too hard. Make leveling a challenge and not instant gratification every 20-30 mins.

I suggest just playing 66% less.

Bioware put an excessive amount of content so that there will be a good chance of non-rerun material.

WoW did the same thing. There were regions I didn't visit at all in vanilla WoW until I created a second character. And that grind was a pretty long one.

Both Blizzard and Bioware companies have the same idea when they created the levelling journey: they didn't want you to spend an agonizing time going through the same quests over and over.

Bioware adds story quests for each class plus more content than you need just so you won't get bored with levelling.

So I do not agree with the OP. Reducing the exp reward amount by 66% would piss off a LOT of MMO players and ruin their experiences when they started to play a new class.

The XP is fine it actually aligns with the way you level, on my Bounty Hunter I have only done quests on each of the planets, no PVP or space missions on my Jedi Knight I did everything except PVP and found myself always with Green quests and 1 or 2 higher levels then when I went to the planet.

By the way don't compare this to WoW, I am glad they nerfed the XP, imagine trying to get to level 85 with an alt and you probably have to get around 50 million hp from 84-85 if they didn't.

Edited by Viriathus_PT