17-22 players on all lvl 30 Maps during day or night ? Is this realy an Mmo ?

Bobygore

Yes, we're paying $15 a month to play KotOR3 with simpler combat.

It's still a great game. I just think it's a little dishonest to call it "Massively Multiplayer".

Simpler combat...

1.load up kotor1

2.spec dual wield

3.master critical strike,

4.do nothing but critical strike on every single target using kits when needed.

5. Grats, game complete (on the combat side anyway)

It's an mmo using the standard hotkey system its going to feel simple but i have so many buttons it keeps it fairly interesting, calling it better? Wouldn't agree. Calling it simpler? lol.

TL;dr it's not simpler combat <---condensed because i know someone will shout at me and upset my feelings due to them not willing to read :)

This is a great MMO and has good potential, I dont see why it doesn't. Remember how old it is first, weeks old? There will be more ppl and plus, there are higher pop servers around if thats your issue.

I actualy took Veela becuse of that at retail lunch ( activated game a little after xmas ). It had one of the top saturated servers with RED RED messages telling not to do so otherwise there would be long, verrrry long queue time.

I only had queue up to the 3rd day playing.

I would trade queue anytime for more alive servers.

So am I the only one thinking it's kind of lame to have, on an mmo, 8 players to team with on a map that last several hours ?

I wasn't aware that PvP was a required feature of an MMORPG.

Wait...it isn't.

What is your definition of "massive" for MMORPG?

Mine is greater than 100 total players online (regardless of level) at the same time because that's more than a typical standalone LAN game would have.

Edited by EJedi

17-22 players , and it is not a MMO ?

Imagine 17 to 22 players stealing and tagging your last kill needed for your quest ...

Oh the horror , I cannot finish quests cause other people stealing my kills ...

Hahaha now it is , I cannot find people to quest with for my own heroics .

Easy fix make everything heroic 2 , and able to solo it with skills ....

honestly I think 32 people on a map , and nobody saying anything already wierd .

Maybe people are not there at your beck and call , you should try effort to make friends ;)

This is a SPMMO, a new genre.

Basically you are playing KOTOR3, but with a much shorter story extended by 50 hours of boring sidequests, and there is a chat room for other people who are also playing KOTOR3. You will not actually see or interact with these people however, but trust me they are there!

Thats how sad it is. That number at the top left that says theres 20 people in the zone? That could be a total lie. There could be 2 people in the zone. You'd never know because you never see anyone anyway in these huge empty desolate maps.

10 people a zone is not a MMO. Walking around an entire planet and seeing 2 or 3 other people the entire time you're there is not a MMO.

Edited by bicuspid

Basically you are playing KOTOR3, but with a much shorter story extended by 50 hours of boring sidequests, and there is a chat room for other people who are also playing KOTOR3.

10 people a zone is not a MMO. Walking around an entire planet and seeing 2 or 3 other people the entire time you're there is not a MMO.

Get on a more populated server? On Tarro Blood I see people all the time on republic and imp.

Basically you are playing KOTOR3, but with a much shorter story extended by 50 hours of boring sidequests, and there is a chat room for other people who are also playing KOTOR3. You will not actually see or interact with these people however, but trust me they are there!

Thats how sad it is. That number at the top left that says theres 20 people in the zone? That could be a total lie. There could be 2 people in the zone. You'd never know because you never see anyone anyway in these huge empty desolate maps.

Shorter story that Kotor? I think not.

Maybe they should not have over 250 servers at launch then if they cannot give everyone a decent MMO experience.

You would be here, freaking out about server queues, if they didn't have those servers.

My only worry is that they may have to merge low-pop servers if many of the initial purchasers had unrealistic expectations about the game, and expected StarWoW or SWG2.

I wonder how they will handle who gets to keep their name(s).

Edited by EJedi

Shorter story that Kotor? I think not.

if you only did class quests, you'd be done in like 10 hours MAX ... of course its not possible since you're too underleveled, but in terms of actual story its not very long. 4-5 class quests a planet, 10 planets or so.

You would be here, freaking out about server queues, if they didn't have those servers.

My only worry is that they may have to merge low-pop servers if many of the initial purchasers had unrealistic expectations about the game, and expected StarWoW or SWG2.

I wonder how they will handle who gets to keep their name(s).

god forbid anyone expect this mmo to be like others in the genre? what are people supposed to expect when they buy this game? an inferior version of other, older games?

if you only did class quests, you'd be done in like 10 hours MAX ... of course its not possible since you're too underleveled, but in terms of actual story its not very long. 4-5 class quests a planet, 10 planets or so.

I agree with you, but I have been informed by top men to roll all 8 classes. Including the ones that you may not have an interest in game play wise.

And..... lotro wasn't successful and had to go free to play. Also, It did not contain pvp.

lotro had over 3 years before it went f2p and its up to its 3rd expansion. Thats not unsuccessful. Although i can't defend the option they went by going f2p, it has expanded the community and they still have large revenues.

Lotro never focused on pvp, however, alot of people enjoy the ettenmoors (Illum) especially myself, and the devs should really take a leaf out of their book if they want to improve that planet.

Sharding.

I got to Illum, the thing says 22 people.

do you see me on the forum "ZOMG ONLY 22 PEOPLE ON ILLUM GAME IS NOT AN MMO AND IS FAILING"..

no, because i looked at my map and realized i was in ILLUM 4

But... but what about when there are no other shards of that world and there's a grand total of 20 people there during peak times?

god forbid anyone expect this mmo to be like others in the genre? what are people supposed to expect when they buy this game? an inferior version of other, older games?

Be like others in the genre? ROFL!

Did you not read the countless complaint threads that SWTOR offered nothing new or innovative? People want SWTOR to be different, but the same?

You probably don't even know what you want.

If you are complaining that SWTOR did not automatically come with a pre-built community on every server, then you're extremely naive. World of Warcraft did not get to where it is now without years of players building the server communities from scratch.

You do not seem to want to be a pioneer in a new MMORPG. You seem to want to be the guy who comes in, years later, when everyone else has moved in and fixed the place up.

Maybe they should not have over 250 servers at launch then if they cannot give everyone a decent MMO experience.

Whatever man, almost every post I read of this bicuspid guy is very narrow minded. This game is great, it has the story line that other mmo's are missing, because really on the grind to the top in any mmo I just shoot thru dialogue and do the fetch quest.

The only thing this game needs to do is basically steal the cross pvp dungeon finder system from world of warcraft. That way all the annoying gamers who complain about lack of people or things to do in a massive game can just take a hit, and join others for a dungeon crawl.

That being said, the only thing I find very very annoying is how I can basically quote all of blacktalon by now, seriously people you have a spacebar, just use it :cool:

Did you not read the countless complaint threads that SWTOR offered nothing new or innovative? People want SWTOR to be different, but the same?

If you are complaining that SWTOR did not automatically come with a pre-built community on every server, then you're extremely naive. World of Warcraft did not get to where it is now without years of players building the server communities from scratch.

You do not seem to want to be a pioneer in a new MMORPG. You seem to want to be the guy who comes in, years later, when everyone else has moved in and fixed the place up.

Not to mention you can check the realms on WoW right now and see quite a few light servers. Every MMO is going to have them, and if you are on one either you switch or you deal with it. Such is the nature of MMOs.

Sharding is the problem and why you are only seeing 17-22 players like you say. Welcome to new age MMORPG's, where multiplayer is forgotten because MMORPG's are all about story and leaving all the other aspects out of the game.

But... but what about when there are no other shards of that world and there's a grand total of 20 people there during peak times?

because bioware screwed up the launcher with this patch and the majority of people can't even get into the game. That is why nobody is online during peak time.

I want a MMO. MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE.

And no I was on WoW from the start and for a long time with a great guild. This game has none of that potential. It has 20 planets, but somehow no world.

Sharding is the problem and why you are only seeing 17-22 players like you say. Welcome to new age MMORPG's, where multiplayer is forgotten because MMORPG's are all about story and leaving all the other aspects out of the game.

Although I have strongly disagreed with sharding in the past (IE Guild wars, Champions online, and I believe star trek had them as well). I seriously hope that is just a wild assumption your making about it being the new mmo deal. It seriously bugs me that I cant just invite someone from all chat and invite him in, instead I got to wait for the whole group to get around to loading to my version of the planet, on the same server.

Although this effects me very little, its still an double check moment when all I want to do is start my heroic quest but it takes a half an hour to explain to the nooby how to switch to your shard.

I want a MMO. MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE.

And no I was on WoW from the start and for a long time with a great guild. This game has none of that potential. It has 20 planets, but somehow no world.

I don't see the word "world" in the title.

Your definition of "massively" is defective.

My definition of an MMORPG includes the following (not all-inclusive) list of features:

1) Persistent online gaming environment

2) Character development (e.g. leveling, ability gains, etc.)

3) Support for "many" players online at the same time (My definition of many is greater than 100ish regardless of level)

SWTOR has all of these.

Edited by EJedi