The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lvl 40 PvP gear for tank?

NiklasWB

Hi, I'd like to start by saying that I'm fairly new to MMORPGs but that I've managed to pick up some things here and there. I'm currently leveling a trooper vanguard that is tank-specced, meaning Shield-tree all the way so far. I'm at the very end of lvl 38, and I've had my eyes on some of the lvl 40 PvP gear mostly becuase I've had very little luck getting any good trooper gear whatsoever on this character.

My question is this. Which one of the lvl 40 PvP gear would be best for my tank vanguard?

As far as I can remember, there's 'Patrol', 'Centurion', something with 'Assault' and maybe another one. The question was asked here, but I don't think anyone gave a definitive answer: http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=101346

I'm counting on reaching lvl 40 tomorrow so I'm hoping someone can give me some pointers. My guess is that I should go for the gear with the most defense/absorbation/endurance, but I'd like to hear it from someone else's mouth.

the lvl 40 pvp tank gear is called TT-15a republic assault. iirc it doesnt have any set bonus but it does have def/shield/absorb on it

edit 1: the republic assault gear lasted me tili started getting champ pieces at lvl 50, this is of course with upgrading the mods slot in it with newer/better mods along the way. i highly suggest taking the time to get the set since i think it took me like 4-5 hours of playing WZ's to get it.

Edited by Thelodian

• 2 weeks later...