FOR THE LOVE OF GOD: Fix the stupid random champion bag garbage.

Muckbeast

This is up there in the top 10 stupidest developer ideas ever imagined.

My last 20+ bags in a row have had nothing but sucky centurion commendations. I know people that have had similar bad runs or worse.

What is the purpose of this system? To make people miserable?

Why have a reward system so massively based on LUCK. Nobody likes that. The joy you feel when you get "lucky" and get a piece of gear is NOTHING compared to the extended rage you get when bag after bag after bag has nothing in it.

This is a broken and horrible flawed system.

1. Figure out how much time you want it to take for people to get gear.

2. Calculate the number of CHAMPION commendations to give out based on that.

3. Get rid of the randomness.

The centurion set is a total joke that has no reason to even exist. It is no better than low level oranges with mods.

Get rid of this idiotic randomness.

tbh, there should be 3 separate bags. centurion, champion, and battlemaster. each would only give comms, none of this random crap. centurion gear would have no valor restriction. champion gear should have valor 45 restriction. battlemaster has valor 60 restriction. ta-da, pvp gear progression. that took me all of 45 seconds to type, id imagine bioware should be able to figure it out and get it right eventually

each would only give comms, none of this random crap.

I'm all for this, and I think it's the best solution.

Fair is best, we should not be competing with other players for luck with the RNG. It's just stupid. Either everyone gets a bonus item in a bag, or no one does -- that's what I say.

So far my scoundrel has:

6 Champion Hats

1 Champion Boots

2 Champion Pants

4 Champion Gloves

5 Champion Implants

1 Champion Relic

1 Champion Chest

1 Champion Off-Hand

2 Champion Wrists

2 Champion Belts

no main hand yet!

With my centurion comms I have purchased:

Pants, Gloves, Offhand and Belt for Corso

Chest and Belt for Guss (my healing set if I ever choose to go healing)

My next purchase will probably be boots for Guss. I probably have enough comms to do so right now.

At least with the hats and gloves, mods can be removed and put in other items. I've modded out Sparkles to be quite fancy, but its base damage will always stay at rating 126. Still, Corso would be proud.

Vev is only valor rank 55 - but that's a lot of bags opened to go without a weapon. Maybe tomorrow, right?

I propose that the item tokens at least not be class specific. I think Akavi or Bowdaar would have loved a new hat and mittens!

Just opened 13 bags again today, 11 bags for lovely commendations 2 bags for sweet duplicates again. Opened total 25 bags, and drop rate seems got worse after patch.

As lvl 55 valor, I have 2 pieces of Champion sets so far (YAY?!?)

Thank you again Devs for the stupid "LUCK" based pvp rewards.

This is up there in the top 10 stupidest developer ideas ever imagined.

My last 20+ bags in a row have had nothing but sucky centurion commendations. I know people that have had similar bad runs or worse.

What is the purpose of this system? To make people miserable?

Why have a reward system so massively based on LUCK. Nobody likes that. The joy you feel when you get "lucky" and get a piece of gear is NOTHING compared to the extended rage you get when bag after bag after bag has nothing in it.

This is a broken and horrible flawed system.

1. Figure out how much time you want it to take for people to get gear.

2. Calculate the number of CHAMPION commendations to give out based on that.

3. Get rid of the randomness.

The centurion set is a total joke that has no reason to even exist. It is no better than low level oranges with mods.

Get rid of this idiotic randomness.

Ive opened over 20 champion bags and all Ive gotten where an ugly pair of pants (seriously ugly for supposedly high end level 50 gear) and thats it. I used my centurion comms to get an earpiece and an implant. Over 20 bags and all I have to show for it is an ugly pair of orange pants.

Just opened 13 bags again today, 11 bags for lovely commendations 2 bags for sweet duplicates again. Opened total 25 bags, and drop rate seems got worse after patch.

As lvl 55 valor, I have 2 pieces of Champion sets so far (YAY?!?)

Thank you again Devs for the stupid "LUCK" based pvp rewards.

With no way to see if you're telling the truth or not its hard to say, but at rank 40 I have all but chest and gloves for champion set. Have enough comms for them in centurian but I have PvE equiv. My dupicates are as follows:

6 relics

2 pants

3 MH weapons

2 offhands

3 implants

2 ears

Pet has Cent ear, pants, impant, offhand and champ ear, implant, offhand.

Sucks to get doubles but what can you do?

My thought in guild was they should be traded for what you need. 5 tokens of any kind for 1 of your choice and 2 tokens for bag with random token in it.

With no way to see if you're telling the truth or not its hard to say, but at rank 40 I have all but chest and gloves for champion set. Have enough comms for them in centurian but I have PvE equiv. My dupicates are as follows:

6 relics

2 pants

3 MH weapons

2 offhands

3 implants

2 ears

Pet has Cent ear, pants, impant, offhand and champ ear, implant, offhand.

Sucks to get doubles but what can you do?

My thought in guild was they should be traded for what you need. 5 tokens of any kind for 1 of your choice and 2 tokens for bag with random token in it.

I do not want to believe this is happening to me, but it is true. My first toon which is valor 57 got everything but relics, and got 2nd full sets for my heal companion.

To be honest, I didnt understand people complainning too much for getting duplicates or just commendations until I am getting something worse on my rerolled toon.

Beyond all of these, I really think they should have better way to reward these gears.

Now I just laugh...... ha...

I know the feeling, you are not alone. I prefer a system where I get rewarded fairly for the amount of time I put into my character. This random champion bag nonsense fails to deliver. Some people are really lucky and some are not. I see people who are valor rank 40ish w 5 random pieces of champion gear and you have valor rank 20's who only does dailies and have almost full set.

Getting 3-4(?) centurion badges and some credit is a slap in the face. I am tired of this system as well. I like the game, I play a healer and I enjoy it however this system needs to change.

Omg your just a sad bunch of whiners, lol, what will you do once you have all the gear ? Sit in "Stormwind" and pose ? Doing nothing ? Dont you get it ? Its their way of keeping you busy till they can implement the next thing to do for players. Seriously, you just want the gear within 10 bags and then whine about nothing to do ? Pathetic, thats what you are

Omg your just a sad bunch of whiners, lol, what will you do once you have all the gear ? Sit in "Stormwind" and pose ? Doing nothing ? Dont you get it ? Its their way of keeping you busy till they can implement the next thing to do for players. Seriously, you just want the gear within 10 bags and then whine about nothing to do ? Pathetic, thats what you are

You are out of your element. People want to get rewarded properly, fairly for the amount of time they put in. Players like to share their frustration with other players within the community. By keeping quiet, you can never get yourself heard. Everybody is paying $15 a month just like you and they have a right to complain and rage or even QQ on the forums.

Edited by Deofel

Opened 27 bags so far on my Sage, I have gotten 1 helm, 1 bracer and 3 relics. I did plenty of PvP on this character on my way up to 50, so I had 6 bags waiting for me (1000 of each comm and a banked champ bag), after opening all 6 of those I had 2 relics. I happened to hit 50 on a Monday, so I knocked out both the dailies and weeklies before they reset, and still after an additional 8 bags from that, and another bag from the comms earned getting the warzone weekly finished, I still only had 2 relics.

This system is complete garbage.

What the hell is wrong with you kids? To be honest the system should be harder than it is...everyone is getting geared up to easily rushing this crap and then when all is said in done you''ll come back here and ***** about how they're is nothing to do. An mmo is created to last over time not end in a effing month or 2 with you geared all to hell. Then re-roll an alt? and do it all over again maybe for the first go but once that characters all geared out and then you're done.

You've ended yourself the game and will blame BW for all this ****. I was valor 29 I got to 32 today because of the Ilum crap and I'm only missing my legwraps, saber and shield I also have dups of bracers and implants or w/e For every 5 bags I open i get at least 1 or 2 items. but it's stupid it should be more something worth investing. Can you imagine how it's going to be in a few months? everyone will be geared to hell and for what? pvp content wont be perfected by then just look what happened today

...it should of been more of an enjoy the game and roll along with the pvp and for the pvp hardcores yah pvp all day and keep trying for that bag so when you finally get that epic piece that none of the diehards don't have... it would of been that much sweeter. But no everyone has almost a full set or more and they have to have it right this effing moment or kick and scream and tell their moms the games drops are not fair.:rolleyes:

You do not understand. The people don't want the gear within 10 bags. Read and understand... to hard for some individuals.

What the most people want is a fair progress on equipment. If you take 2 lvl 40ish players one has only one set piece, the other guy has almost everyting. This is possible and already happening in the real SWTOR world. And this is not fair. Get commendations out of every bag and make the pieceses buyable at the vendor. If Bioware needs a timesink to have people stay with SWTOR, give 3 commendations each bag and let the pieces cost 60-120 commendations. 20 bags for one piece or 40 bags for another piece like mainweapon or chest. But everybody can plan with this, you see progress on your char and you have a goal to work for.

Everything I have actually is opening the next bag for crap commendations that make me able to buy crap set, because I wasn't lucky to get the good ones within the bags. That sucks hard! I openend about 100 bags and got 3 relicts (since yesterday they are not worthless and can be used, Hurray), boots and belt... that's it. The system is horrible.

The champion bags are supposed to have a chance to grant a random Champion piece. Think of getting a piece of armor from the bag as a bonus. The real intent is to reward you the commendations.

They have learned from this (how much people don't like it) and have changed the Battlemaster bags to give flexible tokens rather than specific items. I know it stinks but at least they changed one of the bags.

The reason they did this system is to keep the PvP gear grind at least moderately time-consuming. Honestly, I think it is a welcome change - in some games you can spend one long night grinding all of the entry level PvP gear.

The current system can be frustrating if you expect to gear up quickly, but it is similar (no, not identical) to PvE in that you can't always control what loot you get. Some guilds will get the same boss drops over and over, just like some people will get the same PvP tokens over and over (at least from Champion bags) - it's a similar concept intended to add some incentive to continue using the warzones.

I'm not saying that everyone should like this system, just trying to offer a different perspective on how to view the pvp reward system as it stands now. I've found that by altering my understanding of how the system is intended to work, I'm much happier enjoying warzones =]

The valor requirement for Battlemaster gives people more incentive to get their valor ranks up quickly by doing world PvP such as Illum - that way you can get past the undesriable Champion bags and start replacing some of them with the Battlemaster bags.

Edited by Shlamorel