Battlemaster Bags 1.1.. Are you kidding me?

Hearst

Opened my first Battlemaster bag, was so pumped to finally get a Battlemaster Commendation... yay, random chance eliminated!

Oh wait, I didn't get a Battlemaster Commendation. I only got 3 Champion Commendations.

So, you're telling me that I have to deal with RNG rolls to even get Commendations now? When it takes like 3 of them to get a main hand weapon? This is even worse than getting the broken pieces to exchange and dealing with duplicates.

Now, it'll take god knows how long to even get commendations out of bags... yeah, it's nice you can use them on whatever piece you want... but for random chance to still be a factor is ridiculous.

I don't even have the words. You guys are kicking the PvP community right in the junk and god knows why.

I'm not even going to get into how much of an advantage and headstart this gives to people who already had 3-4 pieces of Battlemaster gear from the tokens.

Great job.

/sarcasm.

Opened my first Battlemaster bag, was so pumped to finally get a Battlemaster Commendation... yay, random chance eliminated!

Oh wait, I didn't get a Battlemaster Commendation. I only got 3 Champion Commendations.

So, you're telling me that I have to deal with RNG rolls to even get Commendations now? When it takes like 3 of them to get a main hand weapon? This is even worse than getting the broken pieces to exchange and dealing with duplicates.

Now, it'll take god knows how long to even get commendations out of bags... yeah, it's nice you can use them on whatever piece you want... but for random chance to still be a factor is ridiculous.

I don't even have the words. You guys are kicking the PvP community right in the junk and god knows why.

I'm not even going to get into how much of an advantage and headstart this gives to people who already had 3-4 pieces of Battlemaster gear from the tokens.

Great job.

/sarcasm.

tl;dr QQQQQQQQQQQ GIMME THE BEST GEAR IN LESS THEN A WEEK PLZ BECAUSE THAT HOW MMO ENDGAME ITEMIZATION SHOULD WORK

The randomness at all levels needs to go.

It is absolutely stupid to the highest degree.

Just give X commendations per bag and have all the gear have Y cost.

End of situation. No randomness at all.

Agreed.

I would be absolutely fine with it taking like 10-20 Battlemaster Commendations per item, if you took the random chance out of the equation.

Everyone has been saying this... I haven't seen ANYONE play advocate for the random chance system.

Why the hell does BioWare keep sticking with something everyone hates?

Thank you for the post.. It just confirmed my fears.

Seriously, BW should immediately look after whose idea was this and take the appropriate measures.

Imagine ppl now hitting 50 after enduring the farming from lvl 50 premades just to discover the farming will continue because despite the lvl 50 bracket the ones that geared earlier will continue to have advantages just because they purchased the bags earlier.

tl;dr QQQQQQQQQQQ GIMME THE BEST GEAR IN LESS THEN A WEEK PLZ BECAUSE THAT HOW MMO ENDGAME ITEMIZATION SHOULD WORK

You missed the point, troll.

I'd be fine with it taking longer, setting higher costs for the items as long they eliminated random chance from the equation.

Yeah they only slightly improved it. I know a guy who got BM last night and got 4 diff pieces out of his bags, it'd take him 11 glad token drops to get the same stuff now, haha. Lucky dirt bag!

I don't even think they slightly improved it.

This is, in many ways, worse.

Not only is the Ilum daily nearly impossible to complete on my server at the moment.. If I even approach the zerg, I just crash...

But the fact that with the tokens, at least you were guaranteed a piece of gear with them. Now, you're dealing with the same random chance to be able to get 1 Battlemaster Commendation... when it takes 2-3 to get a substantial piece of gear.

This whole thing is just making me pull my hair out. No one wants to deal with random rolls to get endgame PvP gear. No one.

I'd be fine with it taking longer, setting higher costs for the items as long they eliminated random chance from the equation.

I for one am not fine with it taking longer that it was before. To be fair it should be exactly like it was before but 2 bags should then be available. One exactly like it was with the same random chances for tokens and the new one with commendations. The way it is benefits those that already have some pieces and just need to buy the remaining with commendations. Meanwhile those have fewer pieces, or none at all, will require much more total commendations to acquire the equivalent equipment than those that did before.

You might have a point if you could farm Battlemaster bags like you can with champion bags.

However, you can get a total maximum of two(four on Tuesday if you count weeklies) Battlemaster bags per day, and thus only two chances for a commendation.

(bracers/belt/wrists cost 1, main pieces cost 2, weapons cost 3 apiece)

Aww. You want gear in less than a week due to luck and good RNG? You should put in some more effort and stop crying when people ask Bioware to make it so everyone has to work for it.

You might have a point if you could farm Battlemaster bags like you can with champion bags.

However, you can get a total maximum of two(four on Tuesday if you count weeklies) Battlemaster bags per day, and thus only two chances for a commendation.

(bracers/belt/wrists cost 1, main pieces cost 2, weapons cost 3 apiece)

That's still too fast for end game gear.

ok so you want to get geared out ASAP, I get that, but what's to stop you from quitting the game and moving on to stomething else once you're bored? are you pickin up what i'm laying down?

You should read the whole thread. I'm fine for it taking longer, as long as random chance is eliminated.

And to the guy who said it would only take a couple of weeks to get fully geared...

That is remotely possible... but very unlikely.

I know guys who went like 2 out of 40 on Champion bags.

It's all luck, and luck can be terrible sometimes.

Take luck out of the equation.