The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Optimizing gear for my Parakeet PT

FalconDroid

Level 40, trying the Parakeet, was a straight ST. I PvE and PvP and plan on end gaming both.

What gear should I go with at 40? I've read to use flat PvP gear for PvP since shield/defense/absorption don't really put out in PvP. Are we talking accuracy/crit/power? Should I buy lvl 40 PvP gear until I get champion gear? For PvE I planned on using acc/shield/absorb gear like I have been. What gear is right for 50+? (I know champion/battlemaster eventually but are there variations?)

I'm looking forward to 48+ to put some Pyro behind my Parakeet, right now it plays just like my ST. Hoping to get some good warzones tonight since the 50s with battlemaster are gone. Thanks for the help.

Level 40, trying the Parakeet, was a straight ST. I PvE and PvP and plan on end gaming both.

What gear should I go with at 40? I've read to use flat PvP gear for PvP since shield/defense/absorption don't really put out in PvP. Are we talking accuracy/crit/power? Should I buy lvl 40 PvP gear until I get champion gear? For PvE I planned on using acc/shield/absorb gear like I have been. What gear is right for 50+? (I know champion/battlemaster eventually but are there variations?)

I'm looking forward to 48+ to put some Pyro behind my Parakeet, right now it plays just like my ST. Hoping to get some good warzones tonight since the 50s with battlemaster are gone. Thanks for the help.

Honestly I like using the tanking gear in pvp as it is laughable how little people can do to you at times but if your looking to use parkeet in dps gear then I think in another thread they said to use crit/surge for secondary stats. But dont quote me on that xD your best off finding the builds main thread and going to page 14 on it I think I saw it for a difinitive answer. Cannot really help with the 50 pvp gear but it has been answered on the builds main thread somewhere.

Edited by Desseus

^

Crit+Surge = Oh Hai Super Strong Rail Shots In A Tanky Build!

You lose out on some endurance, but you are running Ion so Armor (Which is really the only useful mitigation stat in PvP right now due to I hope a simple oversight, but is probably not), will still provide you with a lot of staying power.

Without the "DPS" Stats, it'll be hard for you to kill a lot of things before they kill you, especially with the amount of geared 50s out there in Warzones. (I'm curious how things fair in the lower brackets now tbh)

DPS gear= Combat Tech

Tank=Supercommando

I know some tell u to get Eliminator gear, but that gear synergize much better for Mercs then Powertechs.

Except in this build you're already looking at 50%+ crit on Rocket Punch so another 15% is a waste.

Also the Carbonize set bonus appears to break your Carbonize. That is what is said anyway, I can't test this one myself because I got the Eliminator.

If you build Eliminator properly you're looking at at least 55% crit chance on Rocket Punch and at least 40% on Rail Shot. This is not to be underestimated.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

There are some pretty hard diminishing returns on some of the stats, so don't stack them too much. General rule of thumb is to get your surge to about 80% critical damage, accuracy to 100% hit chance, crit to around 15% from crit rating (not counting the base 5% and bonuses from your spec). Put everything else into Power or Aim.

There are some pretty hard diminishing returns on some of the stats, so don't stack them too much. General rule of thumb is to get your surge to about 80% critical damage, accuracy to 100% hit chance, crit to around 15% from crit rating (not counting the base 5% and bonuses from your spec). Put everything else into Power or Aim.

You can get crit up to 15% without DR kicking in too hard. It begins to get exponentially worse from ~20-30. I'm of course talking about just rating, not stats etc.

Here's a couple of good sources.

Sithwarrior post on how the formulas work, etc.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-SWTOR-formula-list

Sorc forum post that is essentially a stat tutorial. Written for a Sorc audience, but you'll catch the drift:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=157437

Graph of how the stats work. I believe it is outdated however, as it shows Expertise under the late beta Cap (I believe the new cap is ~20% so you'll be able to stack as much as you want from current gear and not hit the cap).

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/47/statscalingdr.png

I'm not sure how the other stats in that last graph have changed (I don't think they have), but it illustrates how the system works -- essentially diminishing returns is almost nonexistant until close to the "cap" after which each point exponentially diminishes. There is an amount of each stat which is literally unattainable, you will approach the point to infinity but never attain it.

Bear in mind that all of this only pertains to stats and percentages gained from rating only. Crit gained from stats (Aim/Cunning), talents, set bonuses, etc are unaltered. Essentially that is the best argument ever why you should hunt down not only Aim Datacrons, but Cunning as well (most of our attacks are Tech and the extra Cunning helpful for those attacks).

Edited by chainsawsamurai