The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi turns Sith

TheHappyAtheist

With the choice between dark and light sides of the force, wouldn't it be cool to switch sides biased on that choice. If you were a Jedi and you went dark you would be transformed into a Sith and vice-versa. What do you think??

lol.. did you just read that in another section of the forums? :rolleyes:

Hello,

Hope I'm in the right section for this :-) Posted it in General Discussion, but they're busy with other stuff ;)

I'm playing a Darksided Jedi Sentinel, but from what I see it doesn't really make sence.

Like on some missions you have to chose between 3 choises which are not "evil" at all, like for example you saved someone who isn't really honest or whatever.

Yes, you can chose: "I don't believe you" as "evil" answer, but the way my character says it is normal, without angry voice or anything. Besides that saying "I don't believe you" isn't evil.. if you don't believe someone you can just say so imo.

Anyway.. at the end of the conversation you can decide wheter to kill the guy or leave him alone... which doesn't stroke with the previous part of the convo.

After you chose to kill the guy you get the almost exact same reply from the questgiver as if you let him live and you're still the hero.

Then on other missions you lecture other the darside is bad and they fall to the darkside etc. with all the Sith corruption all over your face.

To make the story believable and have sence is just go with light side then?

What is the use of chosing either side if the outcomne is the same, the "rewards" are the same and you'll still be the Republics heroe? Ofcourse I understand it's impossible yo make it so you can destroy whole planets or kill Questgivers etc.

Why not make it possible to transfer all togheter to the Empire side and vice versa for Light sided Sith and get some extra dark/light quests or something?

Yes, you have to leave your guild, leave your light sided friends etc. as sacrifice, but I think if it was real you would anyway?

Hope I made sence, my English isn't all that good

i think, based on the choices you make, light or dark, should determine your side. I want a Jedi to be able to fall to the dark side. The smuggler and bounty hunter should be able to choose who they want to work for or remain neutral. it would give the game a completely new dimension.

I still don't get why my light sided Sith isn't considered a traitor by the rest of the Siths.

Shouldn't they notice the light side of the Force surrounds me and hunt me down?

Makes no sense to be honest.

Like it makes no sense that my so powerful lightning shooter Sith can't even do a simple Force Push...

• 2 weeks later...

yes it fits ofcourse you should be able to switch sides. but it doesnt work with the game mechanism, for example the quests. You cant get rid of the Jedi quests and carry on the Sith quests.

It cant work the way the game has been build

• 4 years later...

Yes I want this to happen some day, I love my Dark Jedi but all those options in conversations where all the Dark Side choices are some thing like Death to the imperial's is such a let down it makes it no fun. Whats the point of going Dark in the first place. I want it to be if you go full Dark you can defect to the Empire, But still stay as your a Jedi and your character stays the same staying on the Republic side as an Imperial spy and just have a Imperial Icon in pvp zones and matches fighting on the Imperials side, something like that.

I know people would argue why not just make an Imp toon to play on, well that's no fun plus in the game you see Jedi and Sith defecting to different sides so why cant we defect when you get max Dark for Jedi and max Light for Sith. In KOFTE you can recruit Sith, and save Imperials from a exploding ship stuff like that. Why is there so much teasing, they make it seem like you'll get the option to but don't.

I hope they'll add this into the game, I don't know if I tell them how much money I put into this if they'll just do it for me :p all I want is to play on the imperial side in pvp :) . I dropped like $500 in cartel coins for no reason just cause I love this game, and at least you can deck out your Jedi Fortress in Imperial stuff so you can feel like you already defected or have your Jedi Live in the Imperial Fortress.By the way I still plan on spending even more money just cause I love this game. ;) Byyyyeeee!!!!!