Why do I need to have an i7 processor to have high fps in warzones?

Alluvioncypher

Since this game utilizes only one CPU core, it's necessary to have an i7 processor that can handle the entire game on a single core to have high fps in warzones. How could Bioware have designed the game this way?

Uh...you don't?

Also Bioware didn't design it this way. The makers of the engine did; multithreading is being worked on.

Edited by Merrinset

I use AMD Phenom, I am kinda anti-Intel atm.

You should have at least 4gb Standard RAM minimum and a decent graphics card(something made within the last couple years.

I handle all aspects of the game on highest settings anywhere from 70-120fps.

I use AMD Phenom, I am kinda anti-Intel atm.

You should have at least 4gb Standard RAM minimum and a decent graphics card(something made within the last couple years.

I handle all aspects of the game on highest settings anywhere from 70-120fps.

Interested in switching computers? I have a AMD Phenom 8 gigs of ram and a 460gtx yet for some wonderful reason this game completely chugs in Warzones. I have to force myself to pvp because it is so god awfully laggy. I'm just so interested in how I can run BF3 at high/ultra on 64 player servers, yet I can't touch this game at maxed settings and keep it at 30fps in a pvp match.

Interested in switching computers? I have a AMD Phenom 8 gigs of ram and a 460gtx yet for some wonderful reason this game completely chugs in Warzones. I have to force myself to pvp because it is so god awfully laggy. I'm just so interested in how I can run BF3 at high/ultra on 64 player servers, yet I can't touch this game at maxed settings and keep it at 30fps in a pvp match.

What CPU? My 1090t runs this game perfectly fine and I have less ram with a 560Ti.

Do you have the proper cooling for those specs?

If you don't, that will demolish your FPS.

Since this game utilizes only one CPU core, it's necessary to have an i7 processor that can handle the entire game on a single core to have high fps in warzones. How could Bioware have designed the game this way?

Not really, no. I have a Q6600, quad core processor at 2.4 Ghz using 4 GB RAM with a GeForce 550TI using 3GB VRAM.

Depending on your PC, the bottleneck is not necessarily the processor. I use a RAID 5 with 3 hard drives as a game disk and my OS is on a RAID 0 made with 2 raptors 10000 RPM 74 GB. The combination of all these makes the game more than playable. If I did not have the RAID arrays, maybe it would be slower.

My rig:

win7 64bit

AMD Phenom II x6 @3.02ghz

128GB OCZ SSD

2TB Seagate HDD

8GB Patriot DDR3 RAM

560GTX Nvidia GPU

I run 2 monitors a 27"Samsung LED for the game while running, and a 24" Samsung LCD for internet explorer for FB, NHL.com and youtube why I am playing.

My only suggestion is alot of folks do not do any preventive maintenance for their computers.

Taking can air and cleaning the processor heatsink and gpu heatsink helps with some performance issues. But you need to get that air into the coil fins themselves just not through the case housing.

Also check your background programs running. Some folks may still have items such as torrents, anti-virus programs, video files, and other software applications running in the background that hinders their performance.

I use Malewarebytes for my security with windows defender. the only things I have running in the background is my peripheral programs for my Razer keyboard/mouse, Malewarebytes and internet explorer. I also sometimes listen to my music through either win media player or itunes, depending on what I am in the mood for.

Use CCleaner.com for cleaning your harddrive of old/temp files that can cause bottlenecking as well as fixing your registry, which tends to get anomalies frequently on computers.

Edited by Jokael

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.