Develepors what have you done with Ilum pvp ?

Sunflake

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like the imbalance on your server? Reroll or cancel your sub.

What about a third option? Post youre issue on the forums, thats what they for and hopeing develepment reads them and things of a way to make all happy?

Life isn't black or white. We have many colors in our spectrum you know ;)

full republic raid group on out server got rolled in a 3:1 fashion on our server according to republic fleet, i wasnt there to watch them take over the republic base but from what I heard they are sitting at republic base in ilum lol! Edited by MGoetter

Well this is not good for IMP players either. I don't want to fight 30 people for a kill I'd be their all day long. It sounds like maybe the best thing to do is organize something with a Rep guild, and go fight an even 10x10, 5x5 etc. match away from the hoards.

Work together and have a challenging, and more importantly even match so everyone gets their kills in.

I did my daily and weekly first thing yesterday when I got home. I got to Ilum and found about 30 Imperial players sitting waiting for a republic player to come along. After about a 30 minute wait a single Republic player came to do his missions. What chance does a single Republic player have when 30 or more Imperial players will be sitting in Ilum waiting do kill any one that shows up? How long will it be before Republic players refuse to go to Ilum at all?

It will take me exactly, and I mean exactly, one time being swarmed by 20+ Imps waiting at our spawn point. In which case I'll go back to my carebear PvE and enjoy my HMs and Ops.

full republic raid group on out server got rolled in a 3:1 fashion on our server according to republic fleet, i wasnt there to watch them take over the republic base but from what I heard they are sitting at republic base in ilum lol!

They need to add a #@@$ ton of 50 elite/champ mobs in the bases to keep players out IMO.

Well this is not good for IMP players either. I don't want to fight 30 people for a kill I'd be their all day long. It sounds like maybe the best thing to do is organize something with a Rep guild, and go fight an even 10x10, 5x5 etc. match away from the hoards.

Work together and have a challenging, and more importantly even match so everyone gets their kills in.

This is about the only option. Fortunately for me, we have a sister guild as Imperial on our server so we can try to do this a couple times a week. Unfortunately, it's not what BioWare intended and will probably be met with cries of "exploit."

Thus far, to my knowledge, they haven't done a thing with the legacy system. So why not make the first perk they give you be a bonus to XP when you level the mirror class of your main? Or something like this. In my experience it usually is the case that the entrenched players that have decked out their favorite toons don't want to reroll no matter how unfun it is just because of how long it will take to do it again. So make it worth their while. As these things usually go, half the people will say no **** that and spend 4 hours camping in Ilum ************ in guild chat about how bad this game sucks, whilst the other half levels up a toon on the other side. Its not a perfect idea, but it could work. They just have to get off the fence and make a decision like this. Opinions?

Why did they not say at sever select screen, Go with Imp. or Repub. A warning only. i would have gone repub. not imp.

Then when sever is inblanced. we can blame the players...

Should have gone rep. I just did not know.

Why anyone.

Select screen, make new toon. 3000 imp 2000 rep. would you like to chose rep.

YES OR NO. Would that of helped. ?

Edited by seallone

The SOLUTION is to say NO to this nonsense, cancel your subscription, and come back in 3-6 months when the game is ready to go.

There is no reason you should be PAYING to BETA TEST.

Come back when the game is ready to go and maybe you'll have fun instead of angst every day.

There's so much wrong with this game, they never should have launched. But then again, if you're familiar with EA, you know this is their modus operandi.

Ya quit the game over a 10 min cap trade issue... real bright.

They are trying to make the zone perform as designed. Server balance is a secondary issue that will have to be dealt with. Go rable rouse somewhere else.

Thus far, to my knowledge, they haven't done a thing with the legacy system. So why not make the first perk they give you be a bonus to XP when you level the mirror class of your main? Or something like this. In my experience it usually is the case that the entrenched players that have decked out their favorite toons don't want to reroll no matter how unfun it is just because of how long it will take to do it again. So make it worth their while. As these things usually go, half the people will say no **** that and spend 4 hours camping in Ilum ************ in guild chat about how bad this game sucks, whilst the other half levels up a toon on the other side. Its not a perfect idea, but it could work. They just have to get off the fence and make a decision like this. Opinions?

I'd rather they fix the animation discrepancies and then offer people the option to switch sides while keeping the same gear/hotbar setup/abilities. Hell, even keep the same names so there is no confusion.

If I want to see the story, I'll reroll. If I'm tempted to leave the game because of the imbalances not making things fun, I'll join the other side in an attempt to even the populations.

The obvious way to fix this is to Wintergrasp it... make it a locked timed instance. I for one hate that idea.

I dunno guys, faction imbalance or not you may start seeing raids of repubs forming to wipe through the zone since they can't do anything solo. This may end up having the exact effect they want it to.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=101553

Imperial favortism leads to imperials greatly outnumbering republic across the board.

Devs silence +statement that the imperials dont outnumber that much and dont win to much more often just made it worse.

Now with this, you will see unsubs from alot of PvPers, and that is only going to make it even worse.

You cant have an open world zone without MULTIPLE objectives so that in these situations a smaller group can back door the large group and have a chance at taking something.

And if it isnt a base or a keep, where they can use LOS and terrain (like WAR or DAOC) a smaller group will always just get zerged down by the larger group.

I know you can't compare a game like WoW to this, but really, whenever the Devs make a change to something, they should ask themselves "What happened when Blizzard did this?" Because odds are, Blizzard has done it, it's turned out awful, and they fixed it. They really need to start cutting out the middle-man and realize that there are already years and years of data available on faction-imbalanced world pvp. The solution isn't to take something half-baked and give it amazing rewards so that the ridiculousness can show itself completely.

Games may be different, but players are the same. If they see an imbalance that can get them to the top, many will take it. If they see two classes that are 'mirrored' many will take the one with more perceived advantages, same with factions. There are a lot just in it for fun, but the competitive ones you need to watch out for, because they pounce on the first sign of an advantage, and when the other side stops showing up, they'll do the math, and run alts in to kill.

I like the direction the dev's are trying to head with this. I realize that open world pvp was a last minute thing so kudos for giving it a whack. I'm in Ilum now and the server balance is so bad i saw one Jedi at the central loc take a shot at looting a chest of arms from stealth and 15 imperials tagged him.

Only person who got credit for the kill was the guy who hit him first. Not good when you need 30 for a day.

Suggestion if you heal, hit or do something to the guy you should get credit or maybe if your just in the area?

Looting boxes with ONE armament in a box ? I dont think so. Up the arms or lower the count. Can't believe a dev that was a good idea considering they spawn in one area and there is 298374298374923874 people trying to get them. That will be issue regardless of server balance.

Who gives a toss if its an Ilum issue or a factional balance issue? What the devs did was take something that was broken, and make it even more messed up.

It's not the players fault that factional imbalance exists. It has existed in every MMO I've played since DAoC. MMO developers worth more than minimum wage should have prepared a solution to imbalance BEFORE releasing world PVP.