If no one else is willng to say it, I will..

Kunra

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use Instant Fleet Pass.

LOADING SCREEN - 2 MINUTES

Run to Hangar, Enter Hangar 1 MINUTE

Run to Ship, Enter Ship 1 MINUTE

Run to Ship Controls, Select Planet, Exit Ship

So YEAH ROUGHLY 10 MINUTES JUST TO GET ANYWHERE AND THATS WITH A FLEET PASS.... THAT SOUNDS JUST FINE AND DANDY... NOT

Your fleet pass must be broke then.

Mine has one load screen then POOF I'm at the fleet.

Your fleet pass must be broke then.

Mine has one load screen then POOF I'm at the fleet.

Ok so you may be one of the lucky people who have a decent comp with a SSD hard drive. The fact of the matter is the loading times are ridiculous for most people, who have mid-entry level computers.

And FYI mine is not broken, and I'm running a 4GHZ AMD Phenom II X6 with 8GB Ram, and a GTX480. This is unacceptable.

20 hour cool down.

Add that to the list of moronic design choices by BioWare. The game is already single-player. There is NO community to foster. Such a bad game.

So let's not get off topic here, I agree that it is a bad game in it's current state, but it can still be saved.

We are in the star wars universe here people. We have freaking droids who do **** for us, and space ships that travel at light speed! Why on earth can our space ship not pick us up? Why do we have to run to the space ship? It should be able to land on flat surfaces or drop a ladder, something, anything.... seeing as how the star wars universe is so advanced you would think it would make sense.

Use Instant Fleet Pass.

Run to Hangar, Enter Hangar 1 MINUTE

Run to Ship, Enter Ship 1 MINUTE

Run to Ship Controls, Select Planet, Exit Ship

So YEAH ROUGHLY 10 MINUTES JUST TO GET ANYWHERE AND THATS WITH A FLEET PASS.... THAT SOUNDS JUST FINE AND DANDY... NOT

EXACTLY....maybe if there weren't a billion loading screens the present setup would be fine. But there ARE a billion loading screens and it's ridiculous....god forbid you have a slower computer....then it takes even longer to get places.

So let's not get off topic here, I agree that it is a bad game in it's current state, but it can still be saved.

We are in the star wars universe here people. We have freaking droids who do **** for us, and space ships that travel at light speed! Why on earth can our space ship not pick us up? Why do we have to run to the space ship? It should be able to land on flat surfaces or drop a ladder, something, anything.... seeing as how the star wars universe is so advanced you would think it would make sense.

I agree with you. If an MMO doesn't have casual "flavor" such as the feature you're mentioning, the people who play a few hours a day / week won't want to play. They're such simple, easy concepts to grasp but it's like BioWare WANTS their game to fail or something. I've never seen so many blunders in one game in my entire life. Ever. And I doubt we ever will again after this.

Some of us, when we arrive in the Fleet, don't just continue to park our *** in the fleet.

I already said in this thread that I think the cooldown is too long. I also said travel should be streamlined. But I guess I misunderstood the person I quoted before, it's pretty late for me here.

I wouldn't want instant travel everywhere combined with no cooldown though. Just take the tedium out of it by getting rid of some of the loading screens and reduce fleet pass cooldown.

I wonder who thought this might be a good idea, or is it necessary, because the game can't handle it properly if we could travel faster? Anyway, it's just another terrible design decision BioWare made with this game.

There is no technical limitation. You can fast travel (get access to the security vendor and you can fast travel to the fleet).

Heaven forbid you have to take a minute or two to go where you could encounter other players.

I think it is time I stop reading the forums for a bit... the LFD, fast travel, I am quitting if they don't fix X bug NOW/I am quitting if the don't add content NOW/I am quitting if they add content, etc... reminds me of this (safe for work).

What happens when you encounter something that doesn't go your way in real life? Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a terrible design decision, some people like the design. Backhanded comments about "the game can't handle it" are silly and pointless and detract from any argument you are trying to make.

I agree to a point. But I think they should take out the stupid Orbital stations for the planet(s) or make every planet have a spaceport like coruscant or tattoine.

This running through the orbital station to the elevator, to then run down the hall to "enter" your ship is bad game design. And they should really consider making it easier to go from planet to ship much quicker then it is.

Hey lets kill off even more immersion for a dying genre. Why bother exploring when you can just fast travel every where.

I really dislike the fleet though. I would much rather have an entire planet or city to run around and camp out in than a clustered area with recycled scenery.

Completely agree. The traveling in SWTOR makes for some of the most mind-numbing moments I've ever endured in a game. Running through cloned spaceports/orbital stations, clicking through elevator after elevator, waiting on 1-2 minute loading screens -- it takes away any sort of excitement I should have about going to a new planet or just hopping around the galaxy in general. It takes away from the spontaneity of having the whole galaxy within reach because I am so focused on taking the most efficient path to minimize the number of spaceports I have to run through; I never make random ventures or revisit old places. I've never felt less encouraged to travel.

Hey lets kill off even more immersion for a dying genre. Why bother exploring when you can just fast travel every where.

I really dislike the fleet though. I would much rather have an entire planet or city to run around and camp out in than a clustered area with recycled scenery.

The genre isn't dying, just this game. Quicker than any of us could have imagined. Well, that's not entirely true. After the first week we sort of all knew where the game was headed. F2P, bargain bin, no future, etc. This was evident to the community early, early on.

At least I love that you have to walk a bit. Like in wow after a lot of changes you did not even have to move anywhere from main city since you can even queue for raids. It was so damn boring since there was really nothing to do outside the city and even if u had to go somewhere you just used teleports. I really can't see anything bad that you get into your ship and go to another planet since it takes at least for me under 3min Edited by Diaboligue

I really can't see anything bad that you get into your ship and go to another planet since it takes at least for me under 3min

Proof, or i call BS. Let's make it interesting too and you're not allowed to use your fleet pass, let's just say that it's on CD K??

Enjoy "exploring" your orbital space station 17 times every day.