sniper pvp lethality spec, 31pt or hybrid?

loknasty

currently hybrid into lethality w/ instant snipe in MM

wondering if 31pt in lethality is worth it, respec gettin expensive (i know it reset tomorrow... but still).

I like that the 31 pt would give me another attack to fall back on instead of overload... but instant snipe can be nice as hell.

currently 12/2/27

It's hard to tell without damage meters to be honest, but I am pretty sure that making sure you go for end talents in lethality. Screw instant snipe.

I love the damage I do.

The only thing you *might* consider giving up weakening blast for is Interrogation Probe, but i find that cull tends to be an underperformer without WB up, in PvP. YOu just dont do enough damage without it befor eyou run out of energy.

Go full Lethality, WB is not the best 31pt talent, but is still needed. In pvp as lethality you re not supossed to enter cover at all, its a high mobile tree, and entering cover will only get you focused and killed sooner, and it will not grant you any advantage, since Cull costs too much using Snipe is suicide. I used to fire overload shot but the energy regen of the tree sucks, so now I only use rifle shot while cull is on cd, or one grenade if there are 2+ enemies. Edited by Revotz

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400bZbIZGbbkrrhdhR.1

thats the spec i use its good for pve, and pvp no reason to use snipe as lethality, and no real reason to use overload shot just auto attack, it will let you regen energy and does a decent amount of damage.

My build is pretty much that, but I'm going to put 3 points into Marksmanship for the +to ranged and tech accuracy instead of Explosive Engineering.

Although, I'm still debating on those 3 points.

Edited by NEStheONE

Don't take explosive engineering, from what I've been told it doesn't make corrosive grenade do more damage. You won't use explosive probe since you don't go into cover, and at that point its really only helping your frag grenades

Don't take explosive engineering, from what I've been told it doesn't make corrosive grenade do more damage. You won't use explosive probe since you don't go into cover, and at that point its really only helping your frag grenades

Yeah. And I don't even use frag grenades too often with the build.

Guess that settles it. 3 points into Marksman for the + to tech and ranged accuracy. Unless someone has a BETTER idea for those 3 points

Yeah. And I don't even use frag grenades too often with the build.

Guess that settles it. 3 points into Marksman for the + to tech and ranged accuracy. Unless someone has a BETTER idea for those 3 points

If you're going pure PvP put 2 into Engineer's Tool Belt and 1 into accuracy instead. Forty five second cd Flash Bang is delicious and 3 second Frag Grenades are great for spamming at a big melee on an objective to disrupt caps.

If you're going pure PvP put 2 into Engineer's Tool Belt and 1 into accuracy instead. Forty five second cd Flash Bang is delicious and 3 second Frag Grenades are great for spamming at a big melee on an objective to disrupt caps.

Hmm, I see your point. Thanks. I'll consider that.