Healer OP?

Henu

talking mainly to seer healers here but the PVP community feels our heals are OP and are asking for a 30% debuff in PVP.

I for do not think we are OP in anyway, and i have no idea what they think is so OP about us.

What are your thoughts?

Uncontested, seerers have great heals. Against anyone that knows they need to harass healers... they're very on par.

This. All the Empire PVPers are 50 and in ventrilo with each other, I don't stand a chance in hell.

Focus-fired healers that are properly CC-trained are the anti-definition of OP.

talking mainly to seer healers here but the PVP community feels our heals are OP and are asking for a 30% debuff in PVP.

We already have a 30% healing debuff in PvP - are people seriously asking for a 60% one??

I'd like to see the Trauma debuff lowered, but then I don't run in a pre-made often and I am a full Seer Sage, so I rarely have an actual team-oriented team to back me up. If a Seer has protection, I can see why people think Sage/Sorc healing is OP. The truth is, most healers have to PUG...and this is where 30% seems overly harsh.

IMO anyway.

Edited by Jaiyne

To answer the OP....

No, our heals are in no way OP.

We are in light armor and have no insta-cast heal. Our heals require cast times and standing still save for Rejuv which wont out heal an ungeared level 50, much less a geared one.

We are good healers if protected, if at range, and if we run the INSTANT we draw attention.

Otherwise its knockdown, beat up, cc, interrupt, dead seer.

I for do not think we are OP in anyway, and i have no idea what they think is so OP about us.

What are your thoughts?

Other way around. People are not asking for a 30% debuff, the healer's are complaining because we already have a 30% debuff in PvP and always have. The whiny dps, as they do in every game, mistakenly think we're fine already (see poster in my sig for a better explanation).

In other games a healer could be awesome and do his job to his fullest all by himself, pug or premade. Here, you need a tank to follow you around and a full set of PvP gear (for the expertise) to be comparable to healer's in other MMO's.

Edited by Leiloni