just pvp? why

cptfoely

When i look at the talent trees for marauder i see alot of stuff that makes pvp an easier time, now i dont mind pvp but im hard core into the pve raid side of things. I want a SW (favorite class/advanced classes) is Marauder basically a pvp monster or can he actually do something in pve due to the lack of armour? also would a juggernaut be a more wise choice to go down for endgame DPS raids?

also if marauder will be all good is carnage viable pve? or does anni pull ahead cuz of the Dots and self heals?

Edited by cptfoely

Carnage=more balanced DPS can be problematic.

Annihilation=more the burst dps, wich is really usefull in PvP

I use Carnage build i used to it from the moment i play a Mara.

lolwut?

Carnage is burst, Annihilation is steady, and they both do comparable DPS.

The majority of the filler talents in the trees (and this holds pretty true for all classes) are for PvP in order to not pigeon-hole people into one spec for WarZones, aka making aiding to make all the trees viable for everything.

If you're set on playing Rage Juggernauts actually do a bit more damage as Rage due to the increased Smash damage talent they have in another tree.

Lack of armor means nothing in PvE. We can be monsters in PvE and PvP (contrary to most people on this forum) if played right.

If you have a healer with you in PvP you never have to stop fighting, its just nonstop charging and killing. But solo it can be rough, because you are usually the closest target for everyone. Thats more a problem of melee vs ranged, but there is so little other non stealth melee in this game its worth bringing up.

Though in PvE we are invaluable. 15% damage and healing buff, small amount of group heals with berserk, plus 2 short cooldown interrupts, short cooldown aggro drop and the ability to survive almost anything means that any group worth its salt will want a few marauders (and eventually may stack them, but we will wait for parses for dps) - that is if you are annihilation though. I dont know how the DPS of the other two specs fare

Edited by Caliban_Thule

Carnage=more balanced DPS can be problematic.

Annihilation=more the burst dps, wich is really usefull in PvP

I use Carnage build i used to it from the moment i play a Mara.

Umm, you either don't play marauder and are just talking out your ***, or you are very confused and haven't learned much about your class.

One of the two.

Carnage is burst, Annihilation is steady, and they both do comparable DPS.

Not really. Carnage has more steady DPS because most of the DPS is centered around Massacre with pulses of Scream. Gore elevates the DPS slightly for short durations.

Annihilation has more resulting burst because of the delayed ticks of Deadly Saber synchronizing with Annihilate (and oftentimes a Rupture as well). Pretty sure a 2k Deadly Saber tick + 5k Annihilate in the same instant is more damage than a 4.5-5k Force Scream. Throw in two ticks of Rupture and a second tick of Deadly Saber and it's beating 2 GCDs of Carnage 'burst'.

However, in random GCDs, Annihilation is dropping lame-o Vicious Slash, whereas Carnage is dropping a +30% crit damage Massacre with autoAtaru on top. That's like waythehell more filler ragedump DPS than Annihilation provides.

Edited by EasymodeX