Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Marauder, by the numbers?

Tom_Joad

There is a lot of theory-crafting in this game, but has anyone actually sat down and run the numbers and have actual proof?

For instance, I was thinking we could pick the most popular specs and actually figure out the dps for them based upon gear. Like I would fraps taking down an elite on belsavis (the daily where you have to take down 2 elites and 10 regulars) with a rage spec, annihilation, and carnage spec and then run the numbers to see which one actually does the most dps.

Has anyone done anything similar?

There is a lot of theory-crafting in this game, but has anyone actually sat down and run the numbers and have actual proof?

For instance, I was thinking we could pick the most popular specs and actually figure out the dps for them based upon gear. Like I would fraps taking down an elite on belsavis (the daily where you have to take down 2 elites and 10 regulars) with a rage spec, annihilation, and carnage spec and then run the numbers to see which one actually does the most dps.

Has anyone done anything similar?

Too many variables with one player frapsing. Need a parsed combat log or a damage meter and a large sample size.

Too many variables with one player frapsing. Need a parsed combat log or a damage meter and a large sample size.

This, sadly.

I see so many "we are fine, I did 200k damage at level 50!" posts when other classes can easily swing that in their teens that make me want to blow my brains out. A combat log would go a long way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.