Companion Gear Preset packages (Opportunity!)

LogicalPremise

To quote another person from another thread:

To bad you can't buy like say a full set of level gear for your companion. For instance, say you are level 11 and a vendor can sell you a full set of companion gear for x amount of credits...oh and let it scale up, so it can be custom gear and all you need to do is fit the gear with mods/enhancements/barrels and the like.

Now tell me that wouldn't be cool! We can already choose appearances, why not give us scalable gear that never has to be swapped out only mod replaced - and from the vendor only.

I think this solves a number of issues all at once:

1) Poor understanding of what stats/gear a companion needs to be effective

2) Having to choose between quest rewards to gear companion or a commendation

3) Outrage over people "needing for companions" in FP

4) People struggling due to undergeared companions

5) Complaints about everyone's companion looking similar

Make and tie the appearance packages with the customization we already have. And make the customization RADICAL. Allow me to make Aric Jordan a body type 3. Let me give Revel a pirate eyepatch. Make static models like Khem Val dynamic again so I can give him black armor all over and a cape.

Make this gear in 5-level increments and price it at half the price of the speciality blues you see in the specialty stores. Put it on a separate vendor.

Add recipies for this stuff -- or better yet, unique high level oranges -- to Synthweaving and Armormaking.

BETTER YET, tie particular packages and upgrade tokens to skill packages. Make a healing package, ranged tank, dps , or melee tank. Have a token to swap the character's skills and main stat and allow us to really honestly swap out and make these characters part of OUR story.

I am the only person who likes Drellik. Why can't I use him as my DPS instead of a heal? I'm a sorc, I don't need a heal.

If you look at the Codex it tells you informationa bout your companions including their stats.

Not saying its not a bit confusing since Companions are their own special set of classes just that its really really hard to be "confused" on what stats to use when the information is there.

Exactly, never had to bother upgrading a companion before so its easy to overlook it now. I've just started using the healer companion I got the other day, Malavai Quinn. Some of the gear I get says its suitable only for Vette haven't come across anything I can use for him yet.

• 2 weeks later...