Isn't mercenary the mirror class to commando?

Slubbert

Well, as far as I know the commando and the mercenary are mirror classes right? with mirror abilities? How come everyone complains about mercs mobiltiy and survivability? The reason that I am asking is because everyone hates commandos as they dominate in Warzones.

Why? Oo What is the diffrence? skill? please. Enlighten me.

Well, as far as I know the commando and the mercenary are mirror classes right? with mirror abilities? How come everyone complains about mercs mobiltiy and survivability? The reason that I am asking is because everyone hates commandos as they dominate in Warzones.

Why? Oo What is the diffrence? skill? please. Enlighten me.

it is a dirty twisted mirror, people seem to think that 80% the same stuff is enough to make it the same, i love commando's coming in here and saying they know our class, it is the 20% difference that makes us different.

there is no difference between any class from each side - they are the same skills with different names - anyone who tells you otherwise is just uninformed

this was the easiest way to balance pvp but its stupid, since you probably wont roll that char if you ever go republic

there is no difference between any class from each side - they are the same skills with different names - anyone who tells you otherwise is just uninformed

this was the easiest way to balance pvp but its stupid, since you probably wont roll that char if you ever go republic

I don't believe this. ^

I've never seen BH use some of the same abilities that Trooper can use.

They are mirror classes...The abilities and talent trees are the exact same abilities with different animations and names...For example, stock strike for Vanguards is the exact same as rocket punch for PTs...It just looks different.

HOWEVER, some of those animations cause some of the abilities to behave a little differently...For example, some animations root one class in place, while for the mirror class it does not. Others have a short delay before actualy damage is done, whereas the mirror does not...Intentional? I sincerely doubt it. But no-one really 'knows'...

To the poster above me who does not believe it is true...I suggest looking over the skills and talent trees and finding an example where they are NOT the same...With the exception of one of the agent skills having a shorter CD for the same ability on the smuggler (most believe an oversight from Beta)...I can think of none.

Edited by Themeatmarket

Well, then I really don't understand why ppl complain about mercs in pvp, when clearly commandos are op :p lol..

Because on most servers there are like 4 rebels and 983457 imperials.. Commandos stand out less than BHs :)

Edit: Like Sorcerers and Sages..it's far more common to see the lightning spam than the pebbles spam, both kills you just the same, yet all the nerf threads mention sorcerers only.

Edited by AndrosX

Like its been said, there are more empire, and, regardless of what people say, when you complain about one AC (merc) you complain about its mirror (commando) without having to say anything.

besides the full auto and mortar volley bug they are the EXACT same class, having played both classes into the 40s.

I don't believe this. ^

I've never seen BH use some of the same abilities that Trooper can use.

You're just not seeing it as clearly because they use totally different animations.

I would say that of probably all classes BH and Trooper seem the most different, while being the same.

Because on most servers there are like 4 rebels and 983457 imperials.. Commandos stand out less than BHs :)

Edit: Like Sorcerers and Sages..it's far more common to see the lightning spam than the pebbles spam, both kills you just the same, yet all the nerf threads mention sorcerers only.

This is one of the few cases where there is a small but massive difference between the mirrored classes. Sorcerers do elemental damage with their lightning while Sages do Kinetic damage with their abilities. That means that Sages get their damage reduced by armor value while Sorcerers do not, and armor values tend to be much higher than elemental resists.

This is one of the few cases where there is a small but massive difference between the mirrored classes. Sorcerers do elemental damage with their lightning while Sages do Kinetic damage with their abilities. That means that Sages get their damage reduced by armor value while Sorcerers do not, and armor values tend to be much higher than elemental resists.

Sorcs do Energy Damage, not Elemental. Both classes are subject to the same amount of Armor mitigation.

Sorcs do Energy Damage, not Elemental. Both classes are subject to the same amount of Armor mitigation.

Correct. Armor mitigates energy and kinetic damage by the same amount. Elemental and internal damage are not mitigated by armor, but force lightning does energy damage, not elemental.

Sorcerer Lightning attacks are supposedly "energy", not "elemental". And energy attacks are reduced in full by armor, just like kinetic.

Lots of Guardians and Troopers die at hands of lightning sorcerers, but that's probably more because there are so ridiculously many of them than any innate uberness or broken class mechanic. And why not? Everybody loves force lightning. It's epic, especially when compared to the pebble alternative.

And I suspect this gets to the heart of the answer to the OPs question as well. Maybe Commandos are owning in a battlefield dominated by sorcerer-heavy opponent teams, while Mercs are facing off against enemies who are lot more likely to force leap up close and start hacking away?

it is a dirty twisted mirror, people seem to think that 80% the same stuff is enough to make it the same, i love commando's coming in here and saying they know our class, it is the 20% difference that makes us different.

notsureifsrs.jpg