IGN: No GoTY award for SWTOR?

BrainSplatter

I've never even heard of Black Prophecy of Dragon Nest.

And Rift? Meh, another fantasy mmo clone (yes, I played it).

All of my friends switched from WOW to it and kept constantly bragging about it, so I got a free seven day pass to it, thought it was alright, but definitely not something I'd actually start playing. lol

They knew that with that ****ed up EGA they have no chance to win ;)

What exactly is messed up about a system that is handling more people in early game access than other MMORPGs did at launch and handling it better at that?

EGA it seems has worked out perfectly as both a reward for preorders ( not to mention those with even a modicum of reading comprehension ) and a safety net for launch day.

About the only thing wrong with EGA is that it is like a light being turned on in a roach filled motel and now the forums are filled with the scurrying of those who can't see the forest for the trees and have no problem throwing out the baby with the bath water ( not to mention making the rest of us "gamers" feel a bit ashamed to be lumped in the same group with them ).

I've never even heard of Black Prophecy of Dragon Nest.

And Rift? Meh, another fantasy mmo clone (yes, I played it).

You're not really missing out. They are both F2P.

BP could be great, it's a scifi space shooter. I want Tie Figher v. X-Wing but it's not. Laggy but pretty.

A game that isn't reviewed before the year ends cannot be eligible for goty on IGN. They are in no way dissing SWTOR. Also, The MMOs listed are mostly there because otherwise there wouldnt be an MMO category. Edited by howlinmad

Are you people serious?

WoW Cataclysm released in 2010. That's why it's not on the list.

And SW:TOR isn't going to sweep anything next year.

Also, Dragon Nest is actually fun. Don't dismiss it cause it's f2p. It has way better gameplay than SW:TOR, believe it or not. Of course not much content, it's a cheap production.

Edited by yomanaaiton

I've never even heard of Black Prophecy

black prophecy is actually pretty fun. its a grindfest and its pretty much only space dogfights,

but its free to download and play. i had fun with it while waiting for tor to come out

(that being said ill never play it again now that i have tor)

What exactly is messed up about a system that is handling more people in early game access than other MMORPGs did at launch and handling it better at that?

EGA it seems has worked out perfectly as both a reward for preorders ( not to mention those with even a modicum of reading comprehension ) and a safety net for launch day.

About the only thing wrong with EGA is that it is like a light being turned on in a roach filled motel and now the forums are filled with the scurrying of those who can't see the forest for the trees and have no problem throwing out the baby with the bath water ( not to mention making the rest of us "gamers" feel a bit ashamed to be lumped in the same group with them ).

Love love love your analogy! So true.