Serious question for anyone who is a low-level and fought geared 50's in war zones...

Torothin

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

I don't know what the split is ... but I bet a higher % of whiners rolled on a PVE server.

Compartmentalising your brain to believing that you are a fighter in a war in wzs and a coward that refuses to be randomly attacked in contested zones is not productive.

Essentially they chose to level the route they did now they whine because somone else chose a different route that gives them an advantage in certain PVP situations.

I go into a WZ all the time and I have no level 50's. I don't get why people are mad i know what to expect and look forward to lv 50 when I can get the best gear. I have fun and learn. I also attack a lv 50 just to see how I stack up as well. Also for low lvs that are mad do they feel the same when their team is the one with stacked lv 50s? Just saying WZs are for everyone not just lv 50s or low levels. :)

I like to think of lowbies as the jokers that can tip a warzone one way or another.

IMO, you should get stuck with more lowbies if you queue as a premade ^_^

Lowbies will now be the balancing weight they use to balance out groups with gear disparities! I'm genius, you can forward your donations to my paypal account.

Getting mad over it is just dumb. Rolling into the WZs with your level 12 operative and expecting to own with the way things just illustrates the IQ of some people. People that are not happy right now should just stop WZ PVPing until the patch comes that will magincally fix everything.

And what exactly is stopping you from getting to 50?

Uh - what is your point? That all players should play through hours of abuse and farming just to become a 50 - so they can actually PvP then?

Why even allow lower levels to PvP then?

Go away.

And what exactly is stopping you from getting to 50?

There's really no need to defend competition gaps. It's lazy, terrible game design.

On the other hand, there's really no point in whining about them either, since this is the way the game was designed, and level is the least severe competition gap there is thanks to bolster, and once you get to 50 you're just going to go through the same nonsense all over again getting ROFLstomped by champion geared premades.

Edited by BloatedGuppy

Uh - what is your point? That all players should play through hours of abuse and farming just to become a 50? - so they can actually PvP then?

Go away.

First MMO?

Edited by Abiza

Because I don't have the luxury of devoting my life to a stupid game.

excuse me? I have a full-time career, a girlfriend, and it took me 5 days of game play to hit lvl 50. If I can do that, anyone can. Several people have lives and still have managed to get to 50. The fact is you shouldn't whine about 50's owning you because you can get to lvl 50 as well. Nothing is stopping you....

2nd MMO then?

This is hardly a new phenomenon.

Nor is an MMO company paying lip service to their PvP players I agree.

So - we'll see what Bioware/Lucas does. But it's not looking good right now - if they allow the imbalances to continue...

Edited by jamenta

I think that many are irritated because Bioware SOLD them on the idea of bolstering. Bolstering really just makes the inevitable slaughter a bit more palatable rather than allowing the sub 50 player a fighting chance. Bioware should have been a bit more upfront about this.

"Hey fresh level 10... bolstering will allow you to live six full seconds as opposed to the 2 you'd live in open world pvp. Enjoy!"

The 10-49 bracket will help a great deal. When the patch happens, the whining will switch to the newly minted 50's crying about geared 50's destroying them.

Uh - what is your point? That all players should play through hours of abuse and farming just to become a 50 - so they can actually PvP then?

Go away.

Good point Jamenta, and I completely agree with you. And because it seems important to know ones gaming history when reading their comments, my first MMORPG was ArcticMUD in 1993.

Nor is an MMO company paying lip service to their PvP players I agree.

So - we'll see what Bioware/Lucas does. But it's not looking good right now - if they allow the imbalances to continue...

I'm not sure why you expected a robust PvP experience. TOR was never marketed that way. It's like accusing Valve of paying lip service to turn based strategy gamers when they released Half Life 2.

The fact there's PvP in the game at all is something of a marvel. It's not exactly Bioware's raison d'etre.