Valor: What's the point of it?

OldManRelic

So, we have these nifty Valor levels -- what's the point of them? Unlike DAOC or WAR (for example), the valor ranks don't add anything to my character. It's all gear based. So...why have Valor at all?

I for one would be a much happier person if your PvP power were determined by Valor, and Valor, in turn, took longer to get.

So, we have these nifty Valor levels -- what's the point of them? Unlike DAOC or WAR (for example), the valor ranks don't add anything to my character. It's all gear based. So...why have Valor at all?

I for one would be a much happier person if your PvP power were determined by Valor, and Valor, in turn, took longer to get.

My biggest problem with the valor system is it doesn't mean anything to me personally. Some kid was spouting off about his high valor level and everyone was like pretty cool. Then I happen to be in a WZ with same kid twice in one night and he's just afking through WZ. Valor is a pointless stat that is the epitomy of grinding, and once you do get up to max level you get a cool title that all the afkers already have and that tells nothing about your pvp abilities.

Maybe it's just me but a PvP stat should reflect your PvP abilites (dmg you do, heals you do, objectives you capture/defend) not how much time you sat in a WZ regardless of what you were doing.

My biggest problem with the valor system is it doesn't mean anything to me personally. Some kid was spouting off about his high valor level and everyone was like pretty cool. Then I happen to be in a WZ with same kid twice in one night and he's just afking through WZ. Valor is a pointless stat that is the epitomy of grinding, and once you do get up to max level you get a cool title that all the afkers already have and that tells nothing about your pvp abilities.

Maybe it's just me but a PvP stat should reflect your PvP abilites (dmg you do, heals you do, objectives you capture/defend) not how much time you sat in a WZ regardless of what you were doing.

Great post!

Agree 100%