Help with Gunnery Rotation level 28

Lijun

AoE: Mortar and then pic off whats left with grav

It's easier to simply follow up mortar with Hail of Bolts, as it will do enough dmg to finish off anything that survived the Mortar 99.9% of the time.

Single Target: Grav spam and use HiB on cooldown.

Leaving Full Auto out of your single target rotation is pretty unforgivable.

It's easier to simply follow up mortar with Hail of Bolts, as it will do enough dmg to finish off anything that survived the Mortar 99.9% of the time.

Leaving Full Auto out of your single target rotation is pretty unforgivable.

Not at level 28 it isn't

Its high dmg, has a CC effect and with the cast time is basically ammo neutral, i'm failing to see why you would'nt use it at any level.

Check your talents... at level 28 you don't have access to the slow or rotary cannon (33% bonus damage). Until you get those talents the damage you gain by the every the every so often crit that takes advantage of Cell Charger does not make up for base damage that grav deals.

The CC/stun effect is standard to full auto (http://www.torhead.com/ability/4h4M2wT), the talented effect is a slow, and my ammo neutral comment stands.

Plus it has three chances to proc cell charger instead of one.

Not sure what your aversion to full auto is, its a bread and butter commando dps skill, willfully leaving it out is kinda silly and just means you need to learn to add another button into your routine later on rather than building the muscle memory from the get go.

But I wont argue any more, I've statd my case and I fell its pretty good one, OP will take it or leave it I guess.

Edited by jedip_enguin

The CC/stun effect is standard to full auto (http://www.torhead.com/ability/4h4M2wT), the talented effect is a slow, and my ammo neutral comment stands.

Not sure what your aversion to full auto is, its a bread and butter commando dps skill, willfully leaving it out is kinda silly and just means you need to learn to add another button into your routine later on rather than building the muscle memory from the get go.

But I wont argue any more, I've statd my case and I fell its pretty good one, OP will take it or leave it I guess.

The thing is, if you get as much as sneezed at, full auto will only do 2 ticks since it's bugged.

The animation taking a year to deploy doesn't help either.

Grav round might simply be better in a lot of situations unless you are not getting hit at all.

Thank you all for the help!

Check your talents... at level 28 you don't have access to the slow or rotary cannon (33% bonus damage). Until you get those talents the damage you gain by the every the every so often crit that takes advantage of Cell Charger does not make up for base damage that grav deals.

I have to agree with this from what I am experiencing right now, Full Auto doesnt seem to be hitting as hard as Grav Round for me. But there arent a whole lot of other places for me to put talent points now and I was about to start dropping points into buffing up Full Auto now.

I am really looking forward to Full Auto having a slow though, that would probably help me a bit in pvp.

Thanks again for all the help everyone

Ok, you win, Im gonna start using Full Auto regularly and see how it goes. Your argument is too logical.

He is level 28 and leveling... he won't encounter any fights that last longer than 2 or 3 globals. There is no place for Full Auto from a leveling perspective and the fact that it might not cost ammo/cells is not applicable since it will regen anyways during the run to the next mob. In a flashpoint there might be (I skip Flashpoints because they are useless) but 99.99% of the time spamming grav is more efficient on fights that last less than 4 or 5 globals