A little SWTOR at work

dj-nate

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dedicated to those who sneak a little Star Wars at work. Click the link for pic.

ef3x.com/swtor.jpg

Do you play at work?

I was a contractor as well for years, worked from home. Actually pretty disciplined too, and found myself meeting deadlines a lot earlier than expected so I could get to the gaming.

Nothing quite like looking out the window, waiting on a MMO load screen, beer in hand, watching tools in pleated khakis piling into a Toyota Corolla to go to lunch together and thinking "man that job must suck."

In retrospect, I really need to do that again. If I tried to play SWTOR here I'd been noticed / fired in about 12 seconds :)

Christ, I just wanted to have a little fun on the forums; I'm a contractor, so I work on a ticket to ticket basis. Today, I have very few tickets. I hope this is alright with you, didn't mean to offend you. </sarcasm>

Don't mind the haters. Jealousy is a wicked beast.

i get paid hourly and play games @ work if the time permits. When i used to play competitively i had a PC that was setup at work and i had my own private OC3 for matches! Man those were the days.

Believe it or not there are big boy jobs where people get paid hourly. I am a technician for a telecommunications company and working hourly vs salary is the way to go. I make way more money because i get paid for all the hours i work.

Aren't we all, though?

Lol 6am to 530pm here. And I'll take my hourly job that pays me about as much as most peoples college degrees and not deal with 20 years of soul crushing debt thank you very much

Edit: that last part was directed at the "big boy job" bit not you personally

Edited by WowWasBetter

Let's be honest here. Most of us still get paid by the hour. I know I do and so does my wife, but a lot of hourly jobs do offer a good amount of freedom, especially if you're able to work from home

I find my hourly job perfectly acceptable, but then again I teach, so I'm not going to stop in the middle of sql indexing to fire up some swtor lol

See, there's this thing in the working world called 'work ethic'. When you are paid to be working, you work; you've sold your time, now do your job.

Seriously, why do grown adults act like highschoolers and post on forums / play games when they're supposed to be working? The lack of maturity in some people confounds the mind.

I fix stuff and help people that are too stupid to remember from day to day how their own job works (IT beard), if nothing is broke and nobody needs me, I'll be trolling the forum and wishing I was playing ToR :D

I'm paid to be on the case when the stuff hits the fan, and I'm paid whether it does or not :D

My office machine is just not up to the game and my laptop is a beast to carry on an hour and a half commute, so I just have to slum it with Mass Effect at the moment :D

See, there's this thing in the working world called 'work ethic'. When you are paid to be working, you work; you've sold your time, now do your job.

Seriously, why do grown adults act like highschoolers and post on forums / play games when they're supposed to be working? The lack of maturity in some people confounds the mind.

HA HA OK back to study hall with you. You'll get it in about 10 years.

Last year I made 1.725 million USD (After taxes.) Not including bonuses (end / mid year and spot.)

I play SWTOR at the office as well :-)

Cheers mate!

the 1% is with you!!!!!

Hey ah, you should invest in me.

I fix stuff and help people that are too stupid to remember from day to day how their own job works (IT beard), if nothing is broke and nobody needs me, I'll be trolling the forum and wishing I was playing ToR :D

I'm paid to be on the case when the stuff hits the fan, and I'm paid whether it does or not :D

My office machine is just not up to the game and my laptop is a beast to carry on an hour and a half commute, so I just have to slum it with Mass Effect at the moment :D

I'm sure BW is happy you're keeping it in the family, though. ;)

Many work places do not mind if you go on the forums when there is a slow down in work.

however playing games while working I agree with you 110%.

Riot for example encourage their empolyees to post on the forums while working.

Any worker worth their pay will ignore the forums and not slack off when a job needs to get done. Me for example I am at work right now it is slow so I am on the forums. HOWEVER I will instanly go take care of a work issue if it arises. I also have put in multiple +100 hr work weeks.

Last year I made 1.725 million USD (After taxes.) Not including bonuses (end / mid year and spot.)

I play SWTOR at the office as well :-)

Cheers mate!

the 1% is with you!!!!!

and the world wonders why we have to bail out wall street.............

Edited by spazzdla

Many work places do not mind if you go on the forums when there is a slow down in work.

however playing games while working I agree with you 110%.

Riot for example encourage their empolyees to post on the forums while working.

Any worker worth their pay will ignore the forums and not slack off when a job needs to get done. Me for example I am at work right now it is slow so I am on the forums. HOWEVER I will instanly go take care of a work issue if it arises. I also have put in multiple +100 hr work weeks.

^^This^^

I am salaried so as long as my job is getting done it is fine. I do not get overtime though and I usually end up with 10+ hours of comp time every week.

^^This^^

I am salaried so as long as my job is getting done it is fine. I do not get overtime though and I usually end up with 10+ hours of comp time every week.

Ahh I am "salaried" kinda because they do pay me overtime. However if they didn't it would work out that I would make more money per hour at like Macdonalds so I wouldn't be working here lol. They pay is pretty good i'm not saying it's bad but if you take a pay of X at 37.5 hours a week and make it the same for 100 hours a week the hourly rate take a massive landslide.

sounds like he might live near wash DC like me. I live 25 miles from the city and it can take 1.5-2 hours to commute. Thankfully i only have to do that like one day a week.

nah I'm a brit, we just have a terrible train service for us northern hill dwelling folks :D

If only it was all on one train, I'd take laptop and mifi then play all the way here >.<