The question of the month: Will you keep your subscription up? and why?

Nasq

I staying, my GF is staying, my friends are staying.

I/We are willing to let this play out, since we are enjoying the game and taking our time with leveling, story, content etc... We have played WOW for 4 years and we like this game better already. We're staying!:)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i'll be staying here for a long time to come, i dont care that lvl 50 is cap, there is many races and other classes to play with a different story (light side / dark side),

like some of the others here i to played other games for years, never liked WoW (Blizzards attemp to stay above water) while all other games left them in the dust.

But i did play EverQuest for 11 1/2 years, and they to are falling off bad now days, I think i stuck around there so long mostly because of the friends made,

But SWTOR is new, no clue as to what Bio has in mind for the future, but what ever they toss out at us ill be here to see it, im sure there will be exspan's hopefully many of them.

So if your one of those people, who rush in grind out to max then ***** and cry that your bored nothing left to do, then you sould stop, relax, unwind, and maybe make a few friends, or just unplug your system toss it out the window, go outside and see there is life beyond your small world of your computer desk

Yes, I'll be staying!

The game shows great promise, and despite there is loads of annoying bugs & etc, most of them are fixable.

I really like the aesthetic level design, compelling storylines, overall style and atmosphere of this game.

Yes. I'm having a great time. Tons of content left to explore. Very satisfied customer.

This with one (important) exception. Terrible CS. I have had 2 issues now and for all intents and purposes, this game may as well have no CS and it would work just as well.

No.

No quality PVP.

Our choices are :

A) Small-scale warzone PvP (boo for hutball for the 87987 time).

or

B) Large-Scale clusterfrak in Ilum

I abhor the thought of warzones over solid RvR content, but heck at this point I'd settle for an AV'esque 40v40 warzone (neutral like hutball) until they can work out open-world PvP. But given the tight - lipped nature of they're " future content " trailer.. I have no earthly Idea if the next warzone will be another small-scale affair, or a large warzone that makes it feel like there is an actual WAR going on.

Until I see some MAJOR changes on the PvP front, no, I will not be playing this game.

I'm going to sub for 3 months and re-evaluate how this game has progressed then.

Why?

Because I didn't blitz to 50 since I don't play that much.

Because I actually enjoy the quests and the cutscenes...A LOT.

Because I see a ton of potential in terms of content.

Because healing is fun.

Because I haven't tried DPS yet.

Because I love Star Wars.

Because I don't play 10 hours a day yet still want to progress and enjoy an MMO.

Gamers have turned into some of the most whining, angst filled, spiteful, entitled little monsters I've seen on the internet. It's not enough to simply dislike a game and quit. They need to sit back and LIVE on the forums for a game they claim to hate and complain endlessly.

If you don't like the game, just unsub. It's ok. it's a videogame, not a lifestyle choice. There are plenty to pick from. I'm not saying everything is perfect, it's really not. To be honest, the engine is an unoptimized mess and creating warzones doesn't mean your pvp system is anywhere near viable or balanced.

But as an adult I know things like this take TIME, EFFORT, and TRIAL AND ERROR to get right. If I could get through the 7 years it took WoW to become the game it is with all its features, I can give BW a few months and see how things pan out.

Yep.

I was there opening day of UO, I was also there opening day of DAoC, Shadowbane, SWG, WoW, Warhammer, amongst more than a few others.

The growing pains of an MMO barely phase me at all, its the nature of the beast. We'll see what happens a few months from now.

I will continue to subscibe for these reasons:

1. I am taking my time and not rushing to lvl cap (should have made lvl cap 90 so people would need to grind, get those grinding complainers going)

2. I realize that the game has been out only one month and that it takes time to polish the game and eliminate bugs (anyone who says they played a bug free MMO is full of the stinky brown stuff)

3. Because I see a lot of potential in the game, certainly more than the last MMO I played, Star Trek Online.

4. Lastly, I enjoy the game.

Edited by Svengoole

Both my wife and I are excited for the next couple of days because that is when we see our first month paying subscription money deducted from our credit cards. :D:D:D

We are also excited to be in the "vanilla" (for want of a better term) of this most awesome 'star in your own Star Wars movie" game. Things can only get better (and they have been) and we are looking forward to seeing some awesome content and other kool things added to the game over time.

Sincerely from two soon-to-be Founders :p

Nope, dropped my sub.

Lots of stuff to like about the game (storyline, <50 bracket pvp, etc), but a few gamebreakers for me.

1 -> Gear based pvp at end game. While the <50 bracket is amazing, fun and incredibly well-balanced. The 50 bracket is all about the battlemaster gear. Skill and tactics are a distant third in winning warzones, behind 'being in a premade' and most importantly 'epic gear'. That's the difference between the <50 and 50 brackets and why one is fun, while the other is terrible.

Gear based pvp is almost pure comedy because it rewards the winning, with a better chance of beating the loser next time. The metaphor is a boxer gets into a ring and wins a fight and next time he gets to use a baseball bat, while the loser get's nothing. Next time he wins, he gets a big honking sword and eventually a uzi. It's just bad pvp design and it's not something BW will ever change. They're too commited to copying WoW in the pvp aspects.

2 -> Illum catastrophy. Unless they completely re-tool, expand etc. Illum is boring, imbalanced and tiny. I need a pvp continent with conquerable stuff and defensive points, etc. for that type of pvp to be meaningful, not a tiny playground. Also, faction imbalance has basically killed Illum completely. Empire grinds away at the dailies, while republic are trapped in their base, furthering an already bad gear-imbalance between factions (and gear plays a huge role in pvp).

3 -> Inability to play with friends unless you're within 5% of the same 'time invested'. As soon as you're a couple of quests/levels in front or behind, it becomes impossible to do stuff together (wz pvp, sure but not pve, beyond raids/fps).

Edited by EucridE

Hell, yes, I'll keep my subscription. Why, because my experience and opinion is pretty much the opposite of yours.

Bye now.

Same as Derfmiolleh said, no need to repeat what's already been said :)

Also the whole companion and relationship system, as well as space missions make this game quite unique in it's own right. there is an air of wow about, but it's improved on so many levels that wow sucked that tis game surpasses it in everyway.

Plus, it's the only MMO i've played where I actually enjoyed PVP and where I get rewarded for my wasted time rarther than have my *** beaten and get nothing out of it.

Nope, dropped my sub.

Lots of stuff to like about the game (storyline, <50 bracket pvp, etc), but a few gamebreakers for me.

1 -> Gear based pvp at end game. While the <50 bracket is amazing, fun and incredibly well-balanced. The 50 bracket is all about the battlemaster gear. Skill and tactics are a distant third in winning warzones, behind 'being in a premade' and most importantly 'epic gear'. That's the difference between the <50 and 50 brackets and why one is fun, while the other is terrible.

Gear based pvp is almost pure comedy because it rewards the winning, with a better chance of beting the loser next time. The metaphor is a boxer gets into a ring and wins a fight and next time he gets to use a baseball bat, while the loser get's nothing. Next time he wins, he gets a big honking sword and eventually a uzi. It's just bad pvp design and it's not something BW will ever change. They're too commited to coping WoW in the pvp aspects.

2 -> Illum catastrophy. Unless they completely re-tool, expand etc. Illum is boring, imbalanced and tiny. I need a pvp continent with conquerable stuff and defensive points, etc. for that type of pvp to be meaningful, not a tiny playground. Also, faction imbalance has basically killed Illum completely. Empire grinds away at the dailies, while republic are trapped in their base, furthering an already bad gear-imbalance between factions (and gear plays a huge role in pvp).

3 -> Inability to play with friends unless you're within 5% of the same 'time invested'. As soon as you're a couple of quests/levels in front or behind, it becomes impossible to do stuff together (wz pvp, sure but not pve, beyond raids/fps).

Sorry can't address point 1 or 2 have not reached max level yet but as for point 3, my wife and I play together constantly and sometimes we are 1-2 levels above each other and have had not a problem whatsoever doing any content together Not to say it doesn't happen just as yet (i am lvl 34 she is 32atm) we have had no issues like this. in fact as a healer we are finding it better if i am a level or 2 above my wifes toon (she is tank)

I'm planing to contineou my subscription. I love the game so far, and i love the fact that it's an MMO that's based around storytelling. And it can only become better from here.

I might have to cancel my subscription for a time next month though because of school, but i'm defenetly going to resubscribe as soon as i can.

Same as Derfmiolleh said, no need to repeat what's already been said :)

Also the whole companion and relationship system, as well as space missions make this game quite unique in it's own right. there is an air of wow about, but it's improved on so many levels that wow sucked that tis game surpasses it in everyway.

Plus, it's the only MMO i've played where I actually enjoyed PVP and where I get rewarded for my wasted time rarther than have my *** beaten and get nothing out of it.

I agree about the pvp, at least here if you are on the losing side you still get decent credits, valor and exp (unlike the other game).

I have a theory that there a lot of things about SWTOR designed to attract, not the current new breed of WoW player, but the old breed who mourn what has been done to that game may the input of old school wow players who have made this their home help shape this game to stay on track.

May the Force be with us all!!!