Glaring Game Design Flaw

Thamelas

After playing for a long time in Beta, and now in Live, I have come to a conclusion.

The multiple worlds design is a bad game design idea. Why? It greatly dilutes the players over many worlds. It further leads to the feeling of a small player base even when the server is full. This is further amplified by instancing.

Based on this, I have concluded that the "apparent population" in the various zones will never improve. "Apparent population" meaning the player pool that you can interact with on each world. While this may have worked fine in sandbox games like SWG, it will not work properly in a leveled based game like SWTOR.

With all of this said, I would like to state that I am burned out on level based themepark games. I have played them since 2004, and I'm tired of them. I have no desire to do an end-game gear grind that will be outdated in a couple of months. I long for the days of a sandbox world like Ultima Online: The Second Age.

Edited by Thamelas

Really? I Remember majority of people are hanging on bank roof of Trinsic or Britain. Player only go to yew every morning during server re-start to farm fruit basket.

Ya, but what's sad is I have fond memories of that game. Right now I'd welcome fruit basket farming instead of the end game gear grind.

It's Star Wars. How can a Star Wars MMORPG exist without having multiple worlds?

Or are you trying to maintain that a Sci-Fi game could never succeed as an MMORPG because they implicitly have multiple worlds (and thus zones)? Games like EVE Online are just flukes or something?

Ya, but what's sad is I have fond memories of that game. Right now I'd welcome fruit basket farming instead of the end game gear grind.

Isn't that the same thing? You are farming stuff you want (1. good gear or 2 rare stuff or 3 money.) That is also how game company makes player stay in the games. I mean not many people are willing to spend 15 dollar a month to use it luxury internet messenger.

I mean People sit in line and take turn kill ice wyrm (that takes 1 min to kill, 5 min respawn timer.) isn't extracly fun if you look at it now.(in whatever that case name is as I can't remember the name since I am getting old.)

PK and PPK was fun but some people can't take it and OSI had to change it. I do have a great memory. Some dumb pk tried to kill me when I waited for icy wyrm to spawn. I hit peace making than provoking everything to him in return.

Edited by mhsiao