The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Swtor's Secret Space Project Speculation

DesktopMinion

My bad, just saw you use the words 'can't, won't' etc but not once you use the words 'opinion, a belief, a sense, a feeling' etc. My fault.

So it's just your opinion that 'they aren't going to do it'? Cool beans.

If I said it, it is obviously my opinion. I don't have to place a giant red circle around the fact that I don't know the future.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This early on i'd be happy with more bloody variety in the space missions between the Empire and the Republic (Free Roam would be amazing though I just don't think it can be done this quickly)

"Oh look The Republic has a crippled Capital Ship hovering over the exact same planet as the Empire, hmm wonder how the Republic towed this planet here? I am in a different part of Space right? Damn those must have been some nifty Planet Drives, their Scientists must have been playing Star Ruler or something"

But yea. I imagine Multiplayer PvE would be good to :) With healer ships and tanky ships etc.

If I said it, it is obviously my opinion. I don't have to place a giant red circle around the fact that I don't know the future.

You do apparently need to draw tons of attention to yourself with an exceptional amount of posts in response though don't you? Someone so confident in their position on the subject shouldn't be so hasty to prove it to others if you know its true.

You do apparently need to draw tons of attention to yourself with an exceptional amount of posts in response though don't you? Someone so confident in their position on the subject shouldn't be so hasty to prove it to others if you know its true.

Not really. Edit post doesnt work on the forums, most people barely read the post directly before their own.

Currently SWTOR has more subscribers than Eve does now and than SWG ever did. They are doing fine without it.

Too 'Simple Jack' for my taste (as a reply not directed at you as a person...gotta watch out, peeps use the report button willy-nilly).

With that logic TOR has no group finder, UI customisation, no same gender romances, no current legacy system etc and yet is the fastest growing MMO atm and so 'They are doing fine without it'...right?

This thread is about a possible way to make TOR even better. Speculation. No harm in dreamin'.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Too 'Simple Jack' for my taste (as a reply not directed at you as a person...gotta watch out, peeps use the report button willy-nilly).

With that logic TOR has no group finder, UI customisation, no same gender romances, no current legacy system etc and yet is the fastest growing MMO atm and so 'They are doing fine without it'...right?

This thread is about a possible way to make TOR even better. Speculation. No harm in dreamin'.

So you are now saying Bioware should have features only SWTOR created at launch or its a failure. Good luck finding another game or really even game developer that so adamantly campaigns for same sex relationships in EVERY SINGLE ONE of their games.

As far as UI customization goes, I'm not impressed with the 5000 different ways people seem to think their UI needs to look in wow. Im trying to play a game not create a mod folder.

I'm on an extremely low population server, we created a custom global channel for finding groups, it works fine.

Also next time just call me a retard and dont waste time trying to convince me you are intelligent.

Currently SWTOR has more subscribers than Eve does now and than SWG ever did. They are doing fine without it.

And "fine" is what Bioware is aiming for? :D

The bigger issues is not what subs SWTOR has now, but what subs it has at 6 months and a year.

WAR still had decent retention 6 months after launchs, yet now it's down to 2 servers (1.5 of those years it was managed solely by Bioware EA, of course).

Bioware would have to be daft in the extreme if they believe SWTOR as is, will retain subs over the years, they have to add, add soon, and add things that will keep people (they simply CANNOT add story content fast enough to do that by itself).

Edited by Goretzu

And "fine" is what Bioware is aiming for? :D

The bigger issues is not what subs SWTOR has now, but what subs it has at 6 months and a year.

WAR still had decent retention 6 months after launchs, yet now it's down to 2 servers (1.5 of those years it was managed solely by Bioware EA, of course).

Bioware would have to be daft in the extreme if they believe SWTOR as is, will retain subs over the years, they have to add, add soon, and add things that will keep people (they simply CANNOT add story content fast enough to do that by itself).

No, Bioware is amazing for making a game that I enjoy.

I realize that Sony shut down Star Wars Galaxies and that this game isnt the exact same game, so people are upset.

What I dont understand is why this giant mass of SWG players seems to think Bioware is to blame. They dont own SWG. SoE and Lucasarts owned SWG.

Please go rant about how this game isn't SWG on the SOE forums.

So you are now saying Bioware should have features only SWTOR created at launch or its a failure. Good luck finding another game or really even game developer that so adamantly campaigns for same sex relationships in EVERY SINGLE ONE of their games.

As far as UI customization goes, I'm not impressed with the 5000 different ways people seem to think their UI needs to look in wow. Im trying to play a game not create a mod folder.

I'm on an extremely low population server, we created a custom global channel for finding groups, it works fine.

Also next time just call me a retard and dont waste time trying to convince me you are intelligent.

ROFLMAO ok take the wrong end of the stick mate. I was saying the opposite. You posted that TOR has more subs than EvE and SWG ever had and so don't need to improve the space element...I quote...'They are doing fine without it'.

That argument was too simplistic imo. Wasn't saying you are a retard at all.

I then tried to show you why I believe that argument of yours to be wrong using your argument as an example and you misunderstood it again. I will give up.

No harm done and take care.

No, Bioware is amazing for making a game that I enjoy.

I realize that Sony shut down Star Wars Galaxies and that this game isnt the exact same game, so people are upset.

What I dont understand is why this giant mass of SWG players seems to think Bioware is to blame. They dont own SWG. SoE and Lucasarts owned SWG.

Please go rant about how this game isn't SWG on the SOE forums.

Huh?

1. SWG was shut because SWTOR now had the licence, it was still profitable otherwise.

2. The things I suggested for SWTOR weren't really like JTL, but rather different. So are you saying that no one is "allowed" to say that any part of SWTOR space combat should be better? Well you don't own me, SWTOR or anyone else, so it's not your call. :p

3. If you are ranting about SWG had space therefore SWTOR should not, then why have any space combat at all? And as SWTOR does have space combat why not improve and add to it?

So basically what is your problem with SWTOR having better space combat? And why should I, anyone else or Bioware care? :)

Edited by Goretzu

Whilst I'd love a fully fledged space game, it won't happen I think :( So I'll take a guess and say, group and PvP hotspots. Hopefully free flight :p

It's difficult to see how they can really expand the current game. Star Fox was Star Fox in 1992 and it still is in 2012.

They could add a few bells and whistles, but tbh to genuinely move Star Fox onward they be having to create a whole new game anyway..... and if they are doing that, then why not pick on of the 100's of better space combat games than Star Fox? :)

Edited by Goretzu

It was mind boggling why they had devoted a small amount of the game to space combat, it was one of Star Wars main features that got me hooked on the movies :D

Think of it this way... When Galaxies first came out, there wasn't space combat of any kind. At least TOR had SOMETHING for launch. It can only get better.

Think of it this way... When Galaxies first came out, there wasn't space combat of any kind. At least TOR had SOMETHING for launch. It can only get better.

This isnt SWG. Its a different type of mmo.

There will never be a sandbox space exploration expansion for our WoW clone.

There will never be Battlefront 2 style multiplayer in any mmo.

Not if Holofax has anything to do with it, it won't! :)

So you're saying SWTOR can never have better space combat than it does because it's a WoW clone?

Again I can only hope Bioware Devs have great ambitions for this game than you, or in 3 years SWTOR will be exactly where WAR is now. :(

Edited by Goretzu

Halofax you seem to be the only one banging on about SWG, please stop.

And your opinion is not fact, its just your opinion. You don't know that there will never be a sandbox space exploration expansion, but I tend to agree I think its unlikely.

You don't know that there will never be a BF2 style multiplayer in any mmo. And to suggest that it would never happen in any mmo is patently ludicrous.

I see no reason why Bioware couldn't add an expansion for a far more involving space combat/exploration aspect to the game, and I see no reason why you are trying to get us to stop considering what it would be like. Thats Bioware's call not yours.

There was a post from the dev team in the Revan server beta forums back in August or September asking us to quit complaining about space combat, that they knew it was bad, and that they were patching up what they had for launch and that at a later date they were going to expand/rework it. The impression I came away with was that they were going to completely redo it, not just let you customize your ship.

There was a post from the dev team in the Revan server beta forums back in August or September asking us to quit complaining about space combat, that they knew it was bad, and that they were patching up what they had for launch and that at a later date they were going to expand/rework it. The impression I came away with was that they were going to completely redo it, not just let you customize your ship.

That would be excellent.

Although the current stuff isn't terrible, it's fun for what it is, it just is only for very limited play, otherwise it gets insanely repetitive.

I know what this game is, thank you.

My point was this and this only - The last SW mmo had NO space combat of any kind when it went live. TOR at least has SOMETHING.

And they can only expand from what they started with.

And please, stop calling TOR a WoW clone. It isn't a WoW clone in the slightest. WoW was so dull that I couldn't even stick with it any longer than a month or two. It was flat and uninspired.

TOR is a beast of a different color.

My girlfriend made a cake. It had vanilla frosting.

It inspired me to make a cake. But I put chocolate frosting on it instead.

Still a cake, done differently in different hands.

I heard Bioware is making a cake. Nothing is stopping them from putting vanilla frosting in the middle of their chocolate cake.

What does the space part of the game have to do with the planet part of the game?