I rolled on NON PVP for a reason

Sidnie

I thought I bought this game to play a great game and have fun with my guild mates and friends. I had very limited time to play and quest tonight and I'm questing along and some jack hole who is flagged stands in my AOE and flags me and kills me. He was FIVE levels higher than me (lvl 50 and I'm 45).

I choose to roll on a NON PVP server for a reason. I like to enjoy the game, the story and spending time with my friends. I had limited time to play and quest tonight and thought I would get some fun in, I guess not, instead I get to be victim to a child who has nothing better to do than ruin other people's evenings because their parents hate them and don't want to spend any real time with them, so they bought them this game.

World of Warcraft fixed this issue in their game in 2005; why is it a problem in this game? Bioware, have you never played MMO's before that you didn't think this would be a problem as soon as the kiddies, who don't actually play the game and enjoy the story, got to level 50 and had nothing better to do than grief other players?

/end *****

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're on a non-pvp server how come you're flagged? You'd have to enable PvP by toggling it or hitting an enemy player. Maybe you visited a PvP only zone...

If another player is flagged and walks into your AOE damage, you "attack" them and flag yourself.

It's even worse if they are stealthed.

Rift has an option that will actually prevent you from flagging yourself for PvP, even if you target and attack an enemy. The attack simply won't fire. It also prevents your AOEs from dealing damage to flagged players.

SWTOR should have something like that.

If you're on a non-pvp server how come you're flagged? You'd have to enable PvP by toggling it or hitting an enemy player. Maybe you visited a PvP only zone...

Umm read much? I just said I WAS NOT FLAGGED. The other player was flagged and flagged me by standing in my AOE!

So change the phase. It's not hard.

Once I'm flagged, I'm flagged for god knows how much time as THAT too is broken in this game. Last time I was flagged it took 45 minutes of NON pvp activity for it to just randomly decide to drop. Changing a phase doesn't fix two broken issues; 1. the fact that someone can flag you when you are not flagged, and 2. you can't wait 5 min for your flag to drop (which is useless anyway if another jack hole comes along and flags you again).

Use your AoE on mobs, see someone flagged from the other faction step into your AoE zone (or see him de-stealth while in it) and ruin your day.

It's especially efficient for high-level characters trying to frag low-level ones : since they out-level the zone, they can station in the middle of mob packs unnoticed, and their stealth is well-nigh unspottable by low-level characters.

But technicalities aside, why is aotu-flagging present on PvE servers ? After all, you already have an available flag toggle. Flagged => you're game. Unflagged => you're safe. There's absolutely no need for autoflagging, as long as the system prevents unflagged people to affect flagged ones in any way [WoW/Rift solution].

(honestly, I'd rather have PvE servers be completely PvP-free outside of warzones. After all, PvP servers are available for those who like Open World PvP).

As previously stated, Rift had an option to prevent this. Was very nice to have sometimes. Unfortunately, I think this also prevented buffing and healing flagged people. Hopefully they implement this later. I do agree that it is annoying that people can get away with it.

I never understood the big deal over dying to a player a few times. Dying to NPC's countless times = ok, dying 3-5 times from a player = end of enjoyment?

Well, for one, I don't choose to go to zones that are five levels higher than me and expect not to die repeatedly. For another a mob dies, it dies, you do your quests, you enjoy the story you move on to another zone. Being a victim to a child who has too much time on their hands repeatedly and whom you can't engage in any fair combat because of the level difference, even if you chose to, is not fun and not why I play this game.

Also I choose to play on a NON PVP server so I don't have to die to other players -- or at least I shouldn't have to because I choose not too.

I never understood the big deal over dying to a player a few times. Dying to NPC's countless times = ok, dying 3-5 times from a player = end of enjoyment?

I've never understood why people like PvP.

Does that sound constructive ?

If you don't mind that kind of things, PvP servers are your venue of choice. If you do, PvE servers should be your server type. Except they are not, because of a subsystem design blunder and a few idiots who like to have their fun at someone else's expense.

Since you cannot get rid of said idiots, I support fixing the mechanism.

Had a problem like this myself, killing random mobs, guy unstealthes and here I am flagged.. Ok I think, sure I will try my hand at it, got him down to about I would say 30 health, then his friends come out of nowhere and boom, teabagged me. Not only this, they figured it would be funny to follow me about and continue doing it. It makes questing impossible when these jackholes ( as you like to call them ) camp you just because they can and with the current PvP rewards for open killing in world nil, I don't see the point.

Well, for one, I don't choose to go to zones that are five levels higher than me and expect not to die repeatedly. For another a mob dies, it dies, you do your quests, you enjoy the story you move on to another zone. Being a victim to a child who has too much time on their hands repeatedly and whom you can't engage in any fair combat because of the level difference, even if you chose to, is not fun and not why I play this game.

Also I choose to play on a NON PVP server so I don't have to die to other players -- or at least I shouldn't have to because I choose not too.

that bolded part is a comfort fantasy.

i know plenty of non-child people with productive happy lives who would still do this to you.

But I like it when Miranda talks... :( (among other things:o)

im with you on trolololol was dumb to say i just wanted to let you know where the right to remain silent is from I might be able to give you the constitutional right if your referring to the 5th amendment " nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself" thats the closest the constitution comes to in saying you have the right to it S*F*.

Edited by imcrazyhigh