My suggestion to improve Crafting

Aidbringer

1) RE changes: make it a progress bar. so while you MAY learn a schematic on the first go (if you roll lucky), you KNOW after 50 RE's you will learn a schematic (I.E. 'fails' you still learn something)

a) as a sideline to this make it also very clear if there is NO schematic that could be learned)

2) Move armor mods to the appropriate professions (armortech/synthweaving), to adjsut this I would look a making grenades slightly more flexiable (make a offensive (dps) and defensive (cc) line that have BOP re-usable verision early on. make them on a shared cool down, so folks can chain cast, but can be used to augement (or provide for class with almost none) some forms of CC or burst damage.

3) All profession should get some kind of consumable 'buff' (with BOP re-usable ones for profession). Personally I would see three lines. Offensive, Defensive, and Long term.

Offensive would be like damage grenades, 'battery packs' boosting DPS, etc.

Defensive would be Medpacks, short term armor buffs, CC grenades, etc

Long Term would be 'lesser' effects that last long terms (stims now).

It does not 'trivalize' since you cant throw a grenade, pop a batter pack, use an adrenal, al in the same fight.

Sure you might have the option of using all of those (with one of the being re-usable if you are a crafter), but in the given cool down, you can only use one.

Likewise, you might be able to Pop a medpack to heal, OR a shield pack (to increase armor), or a awareness gem (to avoid damage) but again you are not trivalizing content, since you can already do one of those, you now just have choice on WHICH one you use. (all thouls be 'equal' in effect).

4) Make augment (especially low level) worth something. If you RE a set of armor with an augment slot you have a 100% chance to get a 'detailed schematic' this can be used once per day to make a 'schematic' for the augmented armor. (so once you have learned any critical armor, you can make one set per day (not one set per pattern learned all detailed schematic have shared cool down). (note while amror is used, this should apply to all)

This would keep augmented armor 'rare' and alot may not bother to pay extra for it, atleast until 50, but would put some market for those with money to waste, and that want 'the best' for their level. So there would be some demand for augements at 10-49)

So

ALL profession should some functional consumables to have a shot on the market. (and with corresponding self only re-usable for their benfit).

Armorer/Synthweavers can make their armor (and stat appropriate mods).

Change Augmented items to be rare freak chance, to rare freak chance to LEARN to make, then a long term cool down to make each set... Once you can make a particular piece though you can make it once per (day), for as many times as you want (unless you want to make another piece that day)

I had yesterday an idea :D

make siege weapon for PvP (only for some areas) which need some materials which can be made by the crewskills.

for example:

Armstech make Canons

Armortech make cockpits

Cybertech make armorplate or Modifations

Biochem make Oil or gas or what ever needed to drive the Siege Weapon

Synth cockpits too

...and so on

This would make a good market for the crafter, if then Bioware would make a Planet with only PvP objektives an sieges this would be a blast :D.

Edited by Haralin