James Ohlen quote

Chocobar

Rift lived up to mine, other than that crappy back story.

- Amazing Graphics? Yep

- Good combat? Yep

- Good customer service? Big time

- Fixed bugs when they were known? Got ya covered there too

- Open world? Oh yeah

- High res graphics? Yes sir

- AA without having to be modified in the ini file? Yep

Guess what this game doesn't have? All of that! But hey at least they got voice acting.

Gunyru, you are on the top 10 complainers on this forum. If you don't like it you know where the exit is. I enjoy it. Go play rift, bud.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to save on money when you don't blow it all on voice acting.

Where are your figures of how much voice acting even cost anyway. Anyhow, some of us enjoy the voice acting. I do a lot. That's why I play this game. And oyu fail at realizing the price of real world stuff.

So you did not want WoW SW , you wanted Rift SW ... now got better.

Really i admit this game has flaws , that does not mean it is not a bad game for lots of people , if you dont like it , move along go find yourself another one to play , it is not like we lack MMOs now days.

No what I wanted was a game that delivered the above mentioned things......you know.....Things a good MMO delivers and should be expected to deliver in 2012! It's not like I put in there "Dungeon finder" or any features, I am talking basic damn things people should expect and be delivered from ANY mmo or game company out there!

How much does it cost to dev. your own engine? With 300M budget, could have done that. Take out the voice overs, save 60M, put it towards your own engine.

An incredibly large number of people bought this game because it plays like a bioware game in regards to story, take that out and u'd lose a whole lot of players

Gunyru, you are on the top 10 complainers on this forum. If you don't like it you know where the exit is. I enjoy it. Go play rift, bud.

I cancelled my sub "bud" but you can bet your butt I am going to get my 60 bucks worth somehow.

It's easy to save on money when you don't blow it all on voice acting.

Some people like it man , sorry if you dont , i played today for like 4 hours without any VO , when i had my first dialog i was like ... mean i missed that a LOT, almost went questing again , really , to me this feature was worth every cent.

Where are your figures of how much voice acting even cost anyway. Anyhow, some of us enjoy the voice acting. I do a lot. That's why I play this game. And oyu fail at realizing the price of real world stuff.

SAG rates are approx $800 for a four-hour day. That's just guild rate. Someone 'known' could command more.

I cancelled my sub "bud" but you can bet your butt I am going to get my 60 bucks worth somehow.

Oh ic ... this is how you make up for a game you did not like and considered a waste of your time ... you waste more time on the forums of the game ... never occurred to me to do that , well enjoy yourself.

You don't seem to understand. We don't care how WoW was at release. We are comparing the games now because it's what counts.

Be prepared to be disappointed in GW2, then. Be prepared to be disappointed in any mmo that does not launch without bugs and 7 years worth of content.

Some people like it man , sorry if you dont , i played today for like 4 hours without any VO , when i had my first dialog i was like ... mean i missed that a LOT, almost went questing again , really , to me this feature was worth every cent.

How is it worth every cent when you went four hours without it? Hahaha.

Voice acting is a hindrance. Want new content? Gotta bring the VAs in.

Anything voice acting can do, text can do better and cheaper. At least in an MMO.

Voice acting takes resources away from more critical elements of the game.

Really? You tend to do that everywhere? I mean, when you don't like the steak you ordered, you stick around the restaurent for hours to complain, until you got your "moneys worth"? Must be a riot to be around you.

SAG rates are approx $800 for a four-hour day. That's just guild rate. Someone 'known' could command more.

They do have 2 "known" actors doing voices, well for people that watch Psych or used to watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Be prepared to be disappointed in GW2, then. Be prepared to be disappointed in any mmo that does not launch without bugs and 7 years worth of content.

GW2 is an MMO now? I don't have plans on playing it anyways. What I'm waiting for is Diablo 3.

How is it worth every cent when you went four hours without it? Hahaha.

Voice acting is a hindrance. Want new content? Gotta bring the VAs in.

Anything voice acting can do, text can do better and cheaper. At least in an MMO.

Voice acting takes resources away from more critical elements of the game.

Some people like storylines. You really shouldn't of bought a BW game if you didn't. Voice acting is great. And clearly the guy has regrets about doing without it for 4 hours before he realized how good it was.

Really? You tend to do that everywhere? I mean, when you don't like the steak you ordered, you stick around the restaurent for hours to complain, until you got your "moneys worth"? Must be a riot to be around you.

Nope, just here because they touted to be innovative, great, and produce awesome graphics..........they failed.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/star_wars_the_old_republic/news/bioware_unfair_to_say_star_wars_mmo_lacks_innovation.html

"So, I don't know, it's just the way it is, but I don't see us as not being innovative. We're actually a lot more innovative within the MMO space than comparable games in other spaces like the first-person genre, the action genre – games like that."

Besides voice overs, what did they do to innovate MMOs? Oh yeah, you can leave your crafting mats in your storage and still craft!

Innovated the most uncompromising UI.. EVA! on my 27" monitor i focus on about 2" cos I have to watch my buffs procs! its almost a twitch game i can play on my iphone

Edited by Vashnira

Hey, I'd rather stand up for myself and call someone out on their shoddy product rather than just lying back and taking all the punches. That's kind of what a man does. I apologize if the concept is foreign.

Some people like storylines. You really shouldn't of bought a BW game if you didn't. Voice acting is great. And clearly the guy has regrets about doing without it for 4 hours before he realized how good it was.

It is great...........but not for every single last quest, heck even for PVP!.......and oh text can bring story if people weren't afraid to read, I know that fine art is lost in this generation, I can read faster than the voice actors can deliver their lines!

Edited by Gunryu

GW2 is an MMO now? I don't have plans on playing it anyways. What I'm waiting for is Diablo 3.

If it even remotely resembles gw1, then yes it is. It's just more in your face about having a central hub to gather a group than Stormwind or Ogrimmar, and the fleets are.