So Best Buy and Bioware Screws Us Again

Alphaeblue

We purchased and received our pre-order keys on October 14th, but thanks to invalid codes that Best Buy had for thousands of customers, received new codes and entered them in late November. So, because of an online store, my wife and I have to wait how many extra days before getting in early?

I think it is very unfortunate that this is one of the only times I can remember that a game offers early access and then makes it so that the early access is applied by date on rolling entries.

We ordered earlier than some people that are playing the game right now. But, due to illogic, we have to wait for some magic button to be pushed.

Gotta love the fairness....

I had the same issue with best buy. However since I am a reasonable adult and this is just a video game I will wait patiently (albeit still tingling with anticipation) for my early access.

I am reasonable and I am an adult. That's the problem. The logic behind the entries are not reasonable. If I purchase something before someone else and they get in before I do, how is that reasonable and logical again?

I am reasonable and I am an adult. That's the problem. The logic behind the entries are not reasonable. If I purchase something before someone else and they get in before I do, how is that reasonable and logical again?

Logic has nothing to do with it. It's just a system they chose. No matter HOW they choose to do it, someone will be upset. Just suck it up and wait.

We purchased and received our pre-order keys on October 14th, but thanks to invalid codes that Best Buy had for thousands of customers, received new codes and entered them in late November. So, because of an online store, my wife and I have to wait how many extra days before getting in early?

I think it is very unfortunate that this is one of the only times I can remember that a game offers early access and then makes it so that the early access is applied by date on rolling entries.

We ordered earlier than some people that are playing the game right now. But, due to illogic, we have to wait for some magic button to be pushed.

EA did it.... blame EA... they ruin gameing companies

So complain to Best Buy.

If you're so logical, how have you logically concluded that this is Bioware's fault? I'm curious what evidence you have access to that dictates this?

I'd really like you to present that evidence, because, I can't seem to find any when I've searched.

I think Bioware should have sold a "Big boy pants edition" that maybe some people here could buy.

Probably 1 extra day? possible 2 at most.

I understand its a inconvienece that was not your own fault, but whats a day or 2? EGA is still there...although it is kinda just a gimmick.

I bought it in july and i forgot to register until late november, so that at least was my doing.

Enjoy your last free day.

Unfortunate, true, but you will be able to play on the 20th as it is the official release date. Getting in early is not a given but a bonus. I played yesterday, I was lucky, I pre-ordered in July, but I cannot play tonight, I am not sure for Friday and I will not be able to on Saturday during the day and same thing Sunday.

Them's the breaks... :cool:

We purchased and received our pre-order keys on October 14th, but thanks to invalid codes that Best Buy had for thousands of customers, received new codes and entered them in late November. So, because of an online store, my wife and I have to wait how many extra days before getting in early? .

This is not Bioware's problem. Fix your title.

Dude not to worry you'll be in on the same wave as the rest of us.

See you in game on the late pre-order wave! Dec 21st!

If you did enter your code on the 14th of October and it wasn't invalid, you still wouldn't have got in today since they only got to October 2ndish today. You'd be getting in tomorrow...just like you'll be getting in...tomorrow.

So complain to Best Buy.

If you're so logical, how have you logically concluded that this is Bioware's fault? I'm curious what evidence you have access to that dictates this?

I'd really like you to present that evidence, because, I can't seem to find any when I've searched.

I think Bioware should have sold a "Big boy pants edition" that maybe some people here could buy.

The invalid keys were provided to Best Buy who provided them to us. The fault lays with the game maker/distributor.

If you did enter your code on the 14th of October and it wasn't invalid, you still wouldn't have got in today since they only got to October 2ndish today. You'd be getting in tomorrow...just like you'll be getting in...tomorrow.

LOL - right on.

Yeah, it's an extra day or two, Alpha. Still early access. Not worthing getting bent about.

i cant wait when the 20th comes and nobody even talks about the EGA anymore. game comes out in 6 days man, i think youll make it.

Well, here you go chief, go check your bank statement and tellme how much you paid. You didn't pay anything yet. It is a pending transaction. The money is held in your account until complete and payment isn't completed until shipped. So your arguement is nulified. If you paid for this game as a preorder, you failed.