Is it me or the healer.

DevonLoy

I know that their aren't very many tanks in this game. I've met a few others but there about as rare as healers.

Now I'm a tank (and one of the already few that tank specs) and it jerks my chain when I'm tanking a run on Mandalorian Raiders. I tank all the way to the 4 man boarding party. I die while tanking 3 to all 4 of them through the whole fight, while being healed, and we wipe.

This of course makes the healer mad and he gets mad at me for not keeping them off him. So he up and leaves. (we got another one and completed the flashpoint but that's not the story here.)

Now I know from past MMO experience, that if the Tank dies and you wipe, usually it means that the Tank was holding enough damage to drop him quickly (me in this case) and the healer did not heal enough.

So my question is. Should I try and Tank less of a fight in order to make it easier on the healer, or should I just start looking for better healers.

I need some tips here, If it's me I need to know, but if it's not me please help.

EDIT (forgot to ask if it could just be the game)

Edited by DevonLoy

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my question is, why are you tanking 4 guys? is no one CCing any of them? I know at least troopers/BH and Sage/Sorc have a long term CC ability. Why are you not using that?

I haven't run through mando raiders so I don't know this fight you are referring to, but it seems like there is a lack of CC going on here.

Did the healer use his CC? Did you?

Sorry, but as a healer myself , I'm going to blame....the healer. Most of the tanks I've grouped with do a pretty heroic job of trying to keep the mobs together, given the crap toolset of tank skills you have to work with. Sounds like you grouped with a baddie.

my question is, why are you tanking 4 guys? is no one CCing any of them? I know at least troopers/BH and Sage/Sorc have a long term CC ability. Why are you not using that?

I haven't run through mando raiders so I don't know this fight you are referring to, but it seems like there is a lack of CC going on here.

We were using CC but it only lasts so long in that fight (Each guy takes a minute or more to drop and they get stronger after each one you kill)

We were using CC but it only lasts so long in that fight (Each guy takes a minute or more to drop and they get stronger after each one you kill)

then use the CC again. I know for a fact that the Sage's Force Lift cool down lasts as long as the force lift effect. So as long as you are not breaking CC, the Sage should be able to keep that mob CCed indefinitely.

To be fair, if your healer is complaining that he has mobs on him, then you're not doing your job 100%, are you?

I already stated that he never had more of a pull than about a force leap from the marauder.

(not that exact statment so dont reply for that.)

I know the fight you are referring too. They may take a minute to kill, but CC refresh will be up by then as well...just have to stay on top of it. I'm fairly certain a couple of those guys can't be CC'd, so don't waste the timer on the ones who can't.

then use the CC again. I know for a fact that the Sage's Force Lift cool down lasts as long as the force lift effect. So as long as you are not breaking CC, the Sage should be able to keep that mob CCed indefinitely.

It doesn't work one hundred percent on these guys (they all have boss imunity)

I know the fight you are referring too. They may take a minute to kill, but CC refresh will be up by then as well...just have to stay on top of it. I'm fairly certain a couple of those guys can't be CC'd, so don't waste the timer on the ones who can't.

I should edit that reply but these guys have boss immunity for the most part as you said

I know that their aren't very many tanks in this game. I've met a few others but there about as rare as healers.

Now I'm a tank (and one of the already few that tank specs) and it jerks my chain when I'm tanking a run on Mandalorian Raiders. I tank all the way to the 4 man boarding party. I die while tanking 3 to all 4 of them through the whole fight, while being healed, and we wipe.

This of course makes the healer mad and he gets mad at me for not keeping them off him. So he up and leaves. (we got another one and completed the flashpoint but that's not the story here.)

Now I know from past MMO experience, that if the Tank dies and you wipe, usually it means that the Tank was holding enough damage to drop him quickly (me in this case) and the healer did not heal enough.

So my question is. Should I try and Tank less of a fight in order to make it easier on the healer, or should I just start looking for better healers.

I need some tips here, If it's me I need to know, but if it's not me please help.

EDIT (forgot to ask if it could just be the game)

Get a better healer, I had no issues in this instance and we didn't even bother with CC.

Planned CCing is essential unless you're substantially overleveled. You will die even if the healer heals constantly.

They scaled difficulty up pretty high (bafflingly, arguably) on certain heroic encounters.

Lot of people have been mentioning increased CC, ill try and mention that to my party members next time (The gaurdian doesnt get one for quite a while still if at all)

It doesn't work one hundred percent on these guys (they all have boss imunity)

So which ones were doing the damage? How much damage were you taking? Was it more than the healer could theoretically output? Were the mobs dying at a rate to enable success? Were dps focusing fire?

Get a lot of speculation here. The data you want to look at is in game.. well.. it's not, but hey whatever. Think real hard.

pretty much this, learn to tank.

Occasionaly you lose aggro. If the healer is smart he just runs to the tank and the tank quickly gets aggro back. We also have a drop threat ability which the healer in question probably didn't use.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.