Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dungeon Finder Needed Badly.

Obi-Wun

Yeah but these answers are so specific and so exactly the same, it really is like everyone passed around "hey everyone listen, this is the reasons we give for who LFG is bad, k?" and the rest were like "ok, I'm a sheep, I'll regurgitate the popular argument when asked, k got it." It's starting to sound like religious dogma, it's a little creepy.

Precisely. Let's all stick our finger in our ears and scream very loudly: cross-server LFG destroys the community, breed jerks and WILL kill SWTOR!!11!!1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, i've been posting here the past 45 minutes as i've gotten bored on Aldeeran looking for a group for Shock Doctrine. We got 3 members but no tank is responding ... why did Bioware put in all this group content on planets when it's been shown that it's a dumb idea and a waste of development time.

Yeah but these answers are so specific and so exactly the same, it really is like everyone passed around "hey everyone listen, this is the reasons we give for who LFG is bad, k?" and the rest were like "ok, I'm a sheep, I'll regurgitate the popular argument when asked, k got it." It's starting to sound like religious dogma, it's a little creepy.

Again so are the pro dungeon ones, it's QQ I can't get a dungeon I need a dungeon finder. I'm not saying it's not a legitimate complaint but both sides regurgitate the same thing over and over yes there are a bunch of constructive posts from people sticking around this board but the people who don't stick around often don't contribute much other than yes this a problem no this isn't a problem, you're an elitest jerk, your a bad, you can't force me to play this way, but by not forcing you to play this way you're forcing me to play a different way.

Aeon you make me laugh

My server is packed, no need for any kind of dungeon finder, plenty of people for groups.

I believe that people who want this atrocious thing in game either choose to be on low population server and now are regretting it or have no social skills whatsoever and are incompetent of finding some nice people in game, or a guild with whom they can do stuff.

That being said i am firmly against dungeon finder.

Precisely. Let's all stick our finger in our ears and scream very loudly: cross-server LFG destroys the community, breed jerks and WILL kill SWTOR!!11!!1

Phase 1: Join guild

Phase 2: Make friends

Phase 3: Collect underpants

Phase 4: ?

Phase 5: Profit

My server is packed, no need for any kind of dungeon finder, plenty of people for groups.

I believe that people who want this atrocious thing in game either choose to be on low population server and now are regretting it or have no social skills whatsoever and are incompetent of finding some nice people in game, or a guild with whom they can do stuff.

You've stated why it's not needed for you, but why are you against it?

You are basically saying: screw everybody that don't play the game like I do?

Well, expect the same in return.

Why do you all sound exactly the same? It's like the whole anti-LFG crowd was all shuffled into a room, strapped to a chair and indoctrinated with anti-LFG propaganda. Use some original words.

Probably because its the right answer to the problem. It wouldn't be said if it didn't hold any value at all.

I'm in a guild with probably 10-15 people on during peak times and we are all fine running dungeons with one another. Its not hard at all to go run a dungeon with your friends. If you run a PUG and had a good time, talk to them and add them to your friends list. Get to know the other people on your server and you'll know who to talk to if you need any particular role.

Social interaction goes a long way; I hate how people feel the need to ask BioWare to add a system that makes up for their lazyness or inability to talk to people.

Now low pop servers is a legitimate issue and this wouldn't hold true to those people, but ideally server mergers is the best solution here if gets bad enough.

Another "I'm doing ok, it's all your fault, if I don't need it, neither do you" post.

Yeah... I specifically chose to be on a low population server. Um, when I joined my server in early access I was waiting in queue to join a full server.

Oops, you're right, it's all my fault, I forgot to consult the oracle, to rub the crystal ball and read the tarot cards, so I could get a glimpse into the future and find out while servers would decline in population the most. I'm so incompetent, thank you for showing me my regrettable failings as a human being.

he won't respond

evar

he is soo good and shiny, about other people he don't carreeee

probably true but how is asking better than a response like this

You are basically saying: screw everybody that don't play the game like I do?

Well, expect the same in return.

which basically says creating a cross server dungeon finder is somehow screwing him.

I'm in a guild with probably 10-15 people on during peak times and we are all fine running dungeons with one another.
lie lie lie

in reality that's what happens

in that game i have rLFG, and average time 10m to make a group, so now i need the same amount of "friend" in my "guild" to match that time for group-forming and that is cross-server system that use player's from whole region

do you even imagine how many ppl there?

Edited by navarh

Probably because its the right answer to the problem. It wouldn't be said if it didn't hold any value at all.

I'm in a guild with probably 10-15 people on during peak times and we are all fine running dungeons with one another. Its not hard at all to go run a dungeon with your friends. If you run a PUG and had a good time, talk to them and add them to your friends list. Get to know the other people on your server and you'll know who to talk to if you need any particular role.

Social interaction goes a long way; I hate how people feel the need to ask BioWare to add a system that makes up for their lazyness or inability to talk to people.

Now low pop servers is a legitimate issue and this wouldn't hold true to those people, but ideally server mergers is the best solution here if gets bad enough.

Thats your definition of how to play, and doesn't account for off peak times, leveling, etc... You like socializing how does having a cross server dungeon finder stop you from that?

You've stated why it's not needed for you, but why are you against it?

Because it is a system for lazy people with no social skills who want everything handed to them instantly with a click of a button.

The fact of the matter is i am even not so much against a dungeon finder (if it will make some happy, no problem) as i am against some cross server version of dungeon finder that some people are mentioning.

The latter one is just a horrible idea that can ruin a server community.

Because it is a system for lazy people with no social skills who want everything handed to them instantly with a click of a button.

The fact of the matter is i am even not so much against a dungeon finder (if it will make some happy, no problem) as i am against some cross server version of dungeon finder that some people are mentioning.

But what does it do to ruin that community, and why are you so concerned about how other people play the game? How does this affect you?

Just like how DPS queues are 40 minutes in WoW? Try 25~ for higher tier dungeons, 20 minutes for raids, 5-10 minutes for leveling and 10 minutes for high level normals. Regardless it's a bad argument

Yes it is if we aren't online at the same time. Again I don't have 4 hours a night every night to sing song around the camp fire.

Why do you hate me specifically? Your experiences =/= the reality of the situation

That wouldn't fix server imbalance. How would you fix that one?

I've been on a planet for over an hour trying to find a tank for a group quest. I'm debating begging a guildie but i don't want to bother him as he's short on time today and just wants to do his dailies and log so he can get back to the wife. How on earth am I lazy when I ask in /general every few minutes?

I'm going to avoid the usually 15 rounds on this but at least you give the possibility of it not runing the community

how about that is exact thing that people whanted? no?

any chance?

why so shure?

No.

You are wrong.

The majority of people was against any kind of cross server dungeon finder long before you joined this forum, there where big discussions about it and polls also.

I've been on a planet for over an hour trying to find a tank for a group quest. I'm debating begging a guildie but i don't want to bother him as he's short on time today and just wants to do his dailies and log so he can get back to the wife. How on earth am I lazy when I ask in /general every few minutes?

For about level 30 to 50 I stopped waiting to do Heroics, I went through a planet doing my regular missions and as I was doing that I was shouting now and then "LFG for Heroic XYZ". Most of those planets I managed to catch a team for maybe 1 or 2 of those missions... in a few days of playing on that particular planet. I literally went through a couple of entire planets without ever getting a single team for a heroic. Most of those planets I finished up my missions and if I had unfinished heroics I just said screw it and moved to the next world, abandoning them from my mission list.

long before you joined this forum
nice try

but ain't working on mee

long before this game was even planned i already was dealing with this poor chat-based lfg system

and all it really did well is

huge

waste

of

time

all other thing's about it is pathetic

Edited by navarh

No.

You are wrong.

The majority of people was against any kind of cross server dungeon finder long before you joined this forum, there where big discussions about it and polls also.

I highly doubt your numbers are accurate and unbiased so please don't try to act like you speak for the majority. Please bring up specific issues with the dungeon finder and cross server dungeon finder so that they can be thought about and your concerns be dealt with in an idea for an implementation of it. Just saying no when people have a legitimate issue isn't constructive or helpful.