Enough with Force speed in Huttball

Libertine

im getting really sick of it ... been doing warzones all day and you see nothing but glowstickjockeys speeding through the pit and no way of actually stopping them...

also great idea that grapple doesnt work when they activate it, i might actually have a chance of stopping someone ...

Harpoon/Grapple works against force speed

i got about a dozen videos that say it doesnt(and yes, the resolve bar was not full so it should have worked). the buggyness of grapple(sometime they end up on a platform above you and whatnot) is a whole different topic tough.

im getting really sick of it ... been doing warzones all day and you see nothing but glowstickjockeys speeding through the pit and no way of actually stopping them...

also great idea that grapple doesnt work when they activate it, i might actually have a chance of stopping someone ...

Stuns work on people on force speed. So do roots. I've had it done enough times on me to know.

Stuns work on people on force speed. So do roots. I've had it done enough times on me to know.

not talking about a stuns.

with the latency and responsiveness issues the engine has its almost impossible to time stun right on someone with forcespeed on to stop 'em inside the firepit, most of the time he will just end up just outside the pit.

The only thing I would like to see changed in hutt ball is the ball carrier's resolve needs to reset a lot quicker. Presently, the objective is to get your resolve bar white, pop cooldowns and type /getdown when you cross the goal line.

I'll add to the list:

-Enough knockbacks.

-Enough ranged DPS on the ledges.

-Enough sorcs/sages pulling ballcarriers.

-Enough juggs/guards leaping on teammates while holding a ball.

-Enough roots on full resolve ballcarrier on a pit.

-Enough huttball!

Edited by Vesperr

smart ppl will go force speeding only with full resolve bar to make sure noone interupts them

just stand before fire, and wait for 1 stun and you are free to go,

or use the 5s imunity thingy (shroud?) and free to go also

anyway, its not force speed that bothers me the most, its actually juggs/guards jumping like bunnies all over the battle field and sorcs/sages pulling them to finish line in the end

that was they can score 10-15s after grabbing the ball

in one match we had 5:0 and it was 13+ mins to end still

I'll add to the list:

-Enough knockbacks.

-Enough ranged DPS on the ledge.

-Enough sorcs/sages pulling ballcarriers.

-Enough juggs/guards leaping on teammates while holding a ball.

-Enough roots on full resolve ballcarrier on a pit.

-Enough huttball!

Yes, of course! I never saw it that way. Let's just make the ball carrier immune to all damage/roots/stuns/knockbacks and just let them walk in. Wow, this is genius.

Root. Seriously it's been nearly a month how has no one caught on to the fact that root ignores resolve and counters force speed. Other counters that do involve resolve may include kb, pull, kd, or stun. Learn to not fill up a ball carriers resolve asap and use your CC effectively.

Besides Force speed is the only in combat gap closers for shadows and sins which being a light armor melee class in 2/3rds of their spec might be important to them.

i got about a dozen videos that say it doesnt(and yes, the resolve bar was not full so it should have worked). the buggyness of grapple(sometime they end up on a platform above you and whatnot) is a whole different topic tough.

Did you try to pull a glowing assassin / shadow? If I don't have full resolve up as a ball carrier, I just use my Resilience and force speed at the same time,. This way shadows / sins get a nearly guaranteed score, as you are immune to all force and tech attacks for 5 seconds.

PS: Yes, huttbal is getting pretty boring. I'm happy I'm republic though, so I hardly have to play it.

Another one if these? How entertaining the lolforums are.

Yes, of course! I never saw it that way. Let's just make the ball carrier immune to all damage/roots/stuns/knockbacks and just let them walk in. Wow, this is genius.

Sarcasm? Couldn't tell.

Personally I kind of wish that's how the Ball Carrier worked (perhaps grant some immunity to knockback/pulls/stuns). Kind of force team work with the ball carrier that way....

Force speed is annoying yes... but its even more when someone other is waiting at your side in stealth for pass

When someone with force speed is going to make this its nearly impossible to stop him unless there is whole team defending.

I'm inclined to agree, they shroud and sprint off past two firepits and no one can catch up, they're gone, it's done. Add to this the fact that the huttball snares you but not with force speed and force speed + the ball = unfair. Everything else I feel is fine except pull/jump to a teammate, marauder jump an enemy is fine (since its the enemy teams fault)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.