Will we be getting a new set bonus for PvP?

saminaobx

is it? 2 set bonus one is quite nice in rage spec as it gives you 45 secs cd on undying rage, with all the nerdraging on the forums about us beeing squisy, id say a 99% dmg reduction on a 45 sec CD is pretty damn good, saved my *** countless times, and given min several "immortal" awards, aswell as countless xx kill 0 deaths wz's.

the 4 set bonus on the other hand im more the happy to discuss, 5 yards more on vicous throw is kinda laaaamo for a 4 set bonus, even tho getting the full set takes less then a week with some rng luck :p

Edited by zoranporan

is it? 2 set bonus one is quite nice in rage spec as it gives you 45 secs cd on undying rage, with all the nerdraging on the forums about us beeing squisy, id say a 99% dmg reduction on a 45 sec CD is pretty damn good, saved my *** countless times, and given min several "immortal" awards, aswell as countless xx kill 0 deaths wz's.

the 4 set bonus on the other hand im more the happy to discuss, 5 yards more on vicous throw is kinda laaaamo for a 4 set bonus, even tho getting the full set takes less then a week with some rng luck :p

How bout for those of us not rage spec'd? 45 sec cooldown is great, but for those of us who are carnage and annihilation, 1:15 CD is ****.

Now if it made it last longer...

Edited by AcaciaDragon

Compare it with some set bonuses which give +15% dmg or crit to main abilities our set bonus is weak as hell.

maybe its cuz we scale sow ell with gear towards the upper echelons of PvP. I have mostly champion gear now, 2 centurion pieces keep me a sad panda, but i find i can now regularly get 3k force screams as Carnage. 3.7k with Gore and the surge trinket. Bioware was probably so cautious in trying to not make 1 class clearly OP they became too cautious with our class. Edited by AcaciaDragon

maybe its cuz we scale sow ell with gear towards the upper echelons of PvP. I have mostly champion gear now, 2 centurion pieces keep me a sad panda, but i find i can now regularly get 3k force screams as Carnage. 3.7k with Gore and the surge trinket. Bioware was probably so cautious in trying to not make 1 class clearly OP they became too cautious with our class.

We scale well in comparison to people without PvP gear.

The scales will be completely even when everyone has a ton of Expertise because it will cancel it out.

maybe its cuz we scale sow ell with gear towards the upper echelons of PvP. I have mostly champion gear now, 2 centurion pieces keep me a sad panda, but i find i can now regularly get 3k force screams as Carnage. 3.7k with Gore and the surge trinket. Bioware was probably so cautious in trying to not make 1 class clearly OP they became too cautious with our class.

Well, eventually everyone will have PvP hear, so expertise will cancel each other out and we will be left behind again.

We scale well in comparison to people without PvP gear.

The scales will be completely even when everyone has a ton of Expertise because it will cancel it out.

and lets be honest about it, getting 400+ expertise or full champ set isnt that hard really, ive been 50 for two weeks now and im full champ, apart from chest and wrist, wrist is columi; chest is centurion with 56 mods taken out of some spare champ gloves i got.

Hey kiba! when you gonna stream again?

I'm debating not sleeping and streaming. Either that or taking a quick power nap. I wish I had fixed my second monitor earlier; steamrolled a Huttball, a Civil War, and a Voidstar all in a row. Was glorious.

and lets be honest about it, getting 400+ expertise or full champ set isnt that hard really, ive been 50 for two weeks now and im full champ, apart from chest and wrist, wrist is columi; chest is centurion with 56 mods taken out of some spare champ gloves i got.

Pretty much. Expertise is really just going to go a long way to show a clear difference between those that just hit 50 and those that have been 50 for awhile. The fact remains, though, that 3 months from now when you regularly get War Zones where every member of both your team and the opposing team has full Battlemaster gear everything is going to be relatively balanced because there's no advantage anywhere. They did what Resilience did but made it better by also increasing the damage to even everything out instead of tinking away at people while they get healed for full.

And now that I think about it, healers will probably be very overpowered since there's no balance to the healing increase besides something like Deadly Throw.

Edited by Kibaken

i might be mistaken here, but doesnt pvp combat give trauma? wich reduces healing recieved by 30% ? additional 20% from ddeadly throw gives a fair chanse?

Im not completly sure about this tho.

Healers don't really care about that :) It if wasn't there, you wouldn't ever kill a healer with good gear imo.

Healers don't really care about that :) It if wasn't there, you wouldn't ever kill a healer with good gear imo.

They are still incredibly hard to kill in WZ's. I cant seem to lock them out or negate there healing enough to take one down. I feel helpless.

Edited by AcaciaDragon

i tunnel the f*** out off healers as soon as i spot them, making it my personal challange in ruining there gameplay; after all, they are pretty much gamebreakers in wz's !

i might be mistaken here, but doesnt pvp combat give trauma? wich reduces healing recieved by 30% ? additional 20% from ddeadly throw gives a fair chanse?

Im not completly sure about this tho.

Ding ding.

I completely and utterly stand corrected. I always forget about Trauma. That's the balancing factor for healers, then. Thank you.

And *le gasp* a PvP gear system that isn't completely broken. I am both appealed and appalled.

Ugh, healers.

Don't usually have trouble when there's only one or two, if people on the team are smart enough to focus on them, rather than the guy who's health goes up and down like a yo-yo.

But when you have to face a team where there's more healers than anything else it's utterly pointless.

I remember a particular game of Voidstar where I did 350k or so damage, despite being steamrolled by the other team, and got the grand total of one kill haha.

Ugh, healers.

Don't usually have trouble when there's only one or two, if people on the team are smart enough to focus on them, rather than the guy who's health goes up and down like a yo-yo.

But when you have to face a team where there's more healers than anything else it's utterly pointless.

I remember a particular game of Voidstar where I did 350k or so damage, despite being steamrolled by the other team, and got the grand total of one kill haha.

I play Empire (obviously) and the lack of healers in WZ's is scary - everytime I face the Republic they will run 2-3 healers and then steamroll us pretty easily.

I play Empire (obviously) and the lack of healers in WZ's is scary - everytime I face the Republic they will run 2-3 healers and then steamroll us pretty easily.

The problem is, even without PvP Gear, healers are annoying, if not hard to kill, even with trauma and mortal strike.

Once they get PvP gear, they do as much more healing as we do more damage, however we don't actually do more damage because they take just as much less damage as we do more, so our damage is negated while their healing is still increased.

While we may not be able to global a healer, Carnage at least has the sustained and regular DPS to keep them pretty much entirely occupied on tanking you while the rest of your buddies go murder their friends and cap their stuff. Hopefully your team mates know enough to push enemies out of those little AoE healing gas clouds :)