Where's the heroic combat? If anything this is unheroic combat.

ZetsumeiKira

I was waiting for heroic combat for so long, and in the end... where is it? What's heroic about doing a hardmore flashpoint like the Black Talon and killing some little Jedi Padawan Boss in the end? People are Lord's, Darth's, Masters and such so... Your saying a Sith Lord has far farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr less power then a Padawan? Or a Darth? And vice versa I bet the republic players who are Jedi Masters and uber troopers don't stand a chance against some of those lvl 50 Bosses. What's heroic about 4 people beating on a single guy? Where's the STAR WARS Feeling? Since I simply don't feel it, don't see it. Just because there's a lot of guys with lightsabers running around doesn't make it Star Wars to me. Star Wars was always ways full of epic fights and duels. Groups of Jedi vs Driod armies and I mean ARMIES not 4 to 5 opponents who are extremely tough so you need a heal and a heal and a heal and a heal until their overly large HP pool is depleted. Or duels like Palpatine vs Yoda or Vader vs Luke. There where no companions there. No one to help them. Where are my duels? There's so many 2 vs 1 fights I lost count of them. It's just you and your companion pet vs some powerful dude. Even the Anakin Obi duo had a brake when Darth Tyranus pwnt Kenobi and Anakin just had be on his own on that one.

Why the hell are we not fighting multiple bosses at the same time? Why doesn't the Jedi Padawan have some friends to back her up? Powerful friends like a trooper guy who's gonna heal her, some Smuggler friend who would hide in the shadows to blast someone and let's say a droid who would back her up in the fight? Wouldn't that be heroic? A 4 vs 4 encounter where you could feel that if YOU the player where to face one of them alone you'd win? Yet when the enemy is with a group you need a group of your own to win and there's no ridiculous HP involved.

And why is healing such a strong mechanic? Like in other MMO's healers are just one insanely tough cookie to crack. It seems WRONG! WRONG! SO VERY WRONG! It might be fine for other MMO's but this is not another standard MMO. It's a Star Wars MMO and it should make it's own style. Not copy the same one that has been used for a decade or two with over powered healers running around spamming 2 or 3 moves all the time.

Is it just me feeling like this? Because if I'm not the only one we should probably make a petition and demand an actual Star Wars experience and that never ending saga we where told so much about.

Edited by ZetsumeiKira

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...because Black Talon is a Level 10 Flashpoint with its difficulty adjusted so that you can run it as part of end-game content as well. It wouldn't make sense to take down a Sith Lord / Jedi Master when you've barely chosen your Advanced Class would it? There are plenty of boss encounters where you fight multiple bosses at once.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think that using only one example of a FP adjusted for endgame validates the argument. Let me make a similar counter-argument using the same method - The Foundry feels super duper Heroic! Some of the boss battles made me feel like my character is a truly significant Sith / Jedi and should be feared / revered across the galaxy!

I was waiting for heroic combat for so long, and in the end... where is it? What's heroic about doing a hardmore flashpoint like the Black Talon and killing some little Jedi Padawan Boss in the end? People are Lord's, Darth's, Masters and such so... Your saying a Sith Lord has far farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr less power then a Padawan? Or a Darth? And vice versa I bet the republic players who are Jedi Masters and uber troopers don't stand a chance against some of those lvl 50 Bosses. What's heroic about 4 people beating on a single guy? Where's the STAR WARS Feeling? Since I simply don't feel it, don't see it. Just because there's a lot of guys with lightsabers running around doesn't make it Star Wars to me. Star Wars was always ways full of epic fights and duels. Groups of Jedi vs Driod armies and I mean ARMIES not 4 to 5 opponents who are extremely tough so you need a heal and a heal and a heal and a heal until their overly large HP pool is depleted. Or duels like Palpatine vs Yoda or Vader vs Luke. There where no companions there. No one to help them. Where are my duels? There's so many 2 vs 1 fights I lost count of them. It's just you and your companion pet vs some powerful dude. Even the Anakin Obi duo had a brake when Darth Tyranus pwnt Kenobi and Anakin just had be on his own on that one.

Why the hell are we not fighting multiple bosses at the same time? Why doesn't the Jedi Padawan have some friends to back her up? Powerful friends like a trooper guy who's gonna heal her, some Smuggler friend who would hide in the shadows to blast someone and let's say a droid who would back her up in the fight? Wouldn't that be heroic? A 4 vs 4 encounter where you could feel that if YOU the player where to face one of them alone you'd win? Yet when the enemy is with a group you need a group of your own to win and there's no ridiculous HP involved.

And why is healing such a strong mechanic? Like in other MMO's healers are just one insanely tough cookie to crack. It seems WRONG! WRONG! SO VERY WRONG! It might be fine for other MMO's but this is not another standard MMO. It's a Star Wars MMO and it should make it's own style. Not copy the same one that has been used for a decade or two with over powered healers running around spamming 2 or 3 moves all the time.

Is it just me feeling like this? Because if I'm not the only one we should probably make a petition and demand an actual Star Wars experience and that never ending saga we where told so much about.

I just know you are writing this from mums basement.... there is a.. nerdness.. in the force

this should explain everything!

oh nvm.. its already posted lol

So have you run Directive 7 yet?

In Directive 7 you fight 8 turrets, 2 side turrets, and a middle platform computer screen, while dodging 6 falling AoEs and a claw that lifts the healer if he doesnt dodge it, then halfway through the fight it spawns a giant boss mob and the aoes double.

You do this with 4 players.

Post a video of that chump.

In Directive 7 you fight 8 turrets, 2 side turrets, and a middle platform computer screen, while dodging 6 falling AoEs and a claw that lifts the healer if he doesnt dodge it, then halfway through the fight it spawns a giant boss mob and the aoes double.

Indeed that FP was fun and neat, but probably the only one you can name off the top of your head thats "unique". Even so, that one isnt very unique anyway.

8 stationary turrets just like the trash.

A giant robot that doesn't have hardly any abilities.

A crane and aerial missile that any idiot can avoid.

A computer screen that doesn't move at all.

Yeah Hard Mode D7 was completely epic!

Nevermind i'll do it for you.

Dont watch this if you dont want to ruin one of the best flashpoints in the game.

The point still stands that the vast majority of bosses in this game are like the ones in the video that was mocking BioWare. I dont understand how they couldnt be just a little more innovative.

Indeed that FP was fun and neat, but probably the only one you can name off the top of your head thats "unique". Even so, that one isnt very unique anyway.

I Red Reaper you fight a giant boss that changes flags on the floor and the entire group has to cycle the flags or he one shots you.

In Colicoid War Games you have to use 4 turrets Starship Troopers style to gun down giant waves of alien enemies.

In Mandalorian Raiders you have to fight a "Full groups" of NPCs that cover the 4 archetypes and feel like an enemy party.

Im Athiss you fight a Giant Rock monster thing that has 20 of its babies and 6 enemy sith casting on him.

In Maelstrom you fight a Giant robot that uppercuts the tank and then blows himself up to trick the DPS into getting 1 shotted.

In Taral V you fight 900 Swamp monsters at once.

Get past level 10 please.

The point still stands that the vast majority of bosses in this game are like the ones in the video that was mocking BioWare. I dont understand how they couldnt be just a little more innovative.

Innovative how? Like seriously, how? They should make the bosses have actual human brains?

Dude just let it go.

If this game wasnt a carbon copy of WoW people would be complaining about that too.

Its bad enough half the forum posts are people "quitting" if Bioware doesnt implement MORE WoW style gameplay features.

8 stationary turrets just like the trash.

A giant robot that doesn't have hardly any abilities.

A crane and aerial missile that any idiot can avoid.

A computer screen that doesn't move at all.

Yeah Hard Mode D7 was completely epic!

Look dude if you wanted a super hard mmo, you probably shouldnt have bought a game with Star Wars written on it.

Star Wars is an ip that ALWAYS caters to younger and more lighthearted people.

The game even looks like the Clone Wars cartoon on cartoon network.

And you are complaining that it isnt a masochistic raid self punishment system.

The game is fine, and you cant find any reasons to insult it other than copy/pasting other peoples sad trolls.

Look dude if you wanted a super hard mmo, you probably shouldnt have bought a game with Star Wars written on it.

Star Wars is an ip that ALWAYS caters to younger and more lighthearted people.

The game even looks like the Clone Wars cartoon on cartoon network.

And you are complaining that it isnt a masochistic raid self punishment system.

The game is fine, and you cant find any reasons to insult it other than copy/pasting other peoples sad trolls.

Your logic is right on point.

I never would have guessed that the reason the mechanics and content are so dull and rehashed - was because the game itself was made for children!

Absolutely brilliant my man.

It's refreshing to know that this forum has apologists the company can certainly agree with.

Edited by brentonj

Your logic is right on point.

I never would've guess that the reason the mechanics and content are so dull and rehashed - was because the game itself was made for children!

Absolutely brilliant.

It's refreshing to know that this forum has apologists the company can certainly agree with.

Just so you know, in 2004 a game called World of Warcraft came out using the same UI, graphics, money system, mount system, market system, and gameplay mechanics as Everquest.

World of Warcraft launched with no raids and when it did, its first raid was Molten Core and required 40 players.

Everquest had 120 man raids, and the game world was the size of a State.

Every MMO since 1998 has been the same rehashed crap, and you are so upset that this game took a week of your salary at mcdonalds from you, that you blame Bioware for the industry standard.

People have been playing the same Football games and Zelda games since 1992 and you still cant figure out of business works.

Either enjoy the game until it stops being fun, or find something fun to do that doesnt openly break the forum rules.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.