People aren't bothering to gear up

LMYoda

People are joining heroics wearing greens although lvl 49-50 epic items are cheap and plentiful on AH.

They get away with it because there are no DPS meters. It's hard to find good people for PUGs.

Please add damage meters to the game to improve the quality of players.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People are joining heroics wearing greens although lvl 49-50 epic items are cheap and plentiful on AH.

They get away with it because there are no DPS meters. It's hard to find good people for PUGs.

I don't really know what to say, there's nothing more to add, this is 100% true on my server so I don't even bother trying to find a group for hard modes anymore because it's always full of green geared bads that keep wiping on bosses and wonder why.

Totally, How can you expect anyone to have fun if they aren't capable of proving they are the best at the game.

Dmg meters wont stop people being lazy.

Inspecting a player before start will quickly tell you whats up (clue 1, if they;re not rocking at least corellia level mods, something is amiss)

I did dailies for a week before even trying to hit a hard mode to make sure my mods/enhancements and armour were up to the task, other people just need to be encouraged to do the same.

i dunno, finding purple modifiable gear on the gtm isn't all that easy for me and i'm lvl 50 so what gives?

Any peice of orange gear can be modded with Ilum/Belsavis daily mods and armour to be as good as Tionese gear.

Get over the whole 'Purple is better' thing, look at the rating.

They get away with it because there are no DPS meters.

Sounds like a good argument to not have DPS meters.

If you want to do hard mode content; do it with your guild?

Remember good ppl names and add them to your friends list. Problem solved

Besides good gear and high dps doesn't mean there smart enough to move out of the fire so it doesnt solve the problem anyways...

If you have a full group of humans with the right role setup such as DPS, DPS, Tank, Healer. The game content is easy and can be done with greens. Gear only truely matters and is essential for completion at hardmode FPs.

Few people do normal-mode FPs at lvl 50 because they don't award good gear. PUGs are basically only forming for hard-mode flashpoints in my server.

Few people do normal-mode FPs at lvl 50 because they don't award good gear. PUGs are basically only forming for hard-mode flashpoints in my server.

True story, the only reason to do normal mode lvl 50 FP is to unlock them, after that the reward/effort ratio is just not worth it.

Well again, you can do a Flashpoint lets say, Esseles, we took Jedi Guardian, Sentinel, Sage and Commando, and 3 smuggler Items dropped from 4 bosses and one blue, yet bad sage implant.

HM FP's last bosses are only good for Columi gear and thats IF it drops one usable by yourself or somone in the group.

They do this in other games too. It's not a new problem.

what do you care! it's a single player game we can do and wear what we want! :D

True story, the only reason to do normal mode lvl 50 FP is to unlock them, after that the reward/effort ratio is just not worth it.

Also for the story. Kinda lame what they did with HK-47. Its as if he was just a nobody who says meat-bag. I cringe to think of the travesty they probably did to Revan playing Empire side. Geuss ill find out when I roll Empire.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

If only there was some wat you could have a say in who gets to join your party... let's say, an invite for people you want in and the people you want out. If only there was a way you could see which gear people have before you start the heroic... let's say, an inspect. If only there was a way you could be in a group of people with likeminded ideas about gear... let's say, a guild...

And btw, damage meters can only be read AFTER a run. So yeah, it would do little good in finding out if a player is any good when you're forming up a team. Just sayin'....

In the early days of WoW you had to raid with greens and blues, for some items it took 2-3 raid content releases to get epics in those slots, mostly for trinkets...

Skill > Gear, the fact that its a numbers game doesnt mean you cant skew the odds with skill, proper rotation, resource management(esp for Troopers/BH and Smug/Ops) and good situational awareness beats gear, doesn't matter what gear you have you cant simply face roll trough the instance.

Dead DPS = No DPS

Dead Healer = Wipe

I rather have a dps in greens that avoids AoE and other avoidable attacks than having some full calumni wowzer that expects the healer to heal him trough every **** the boss throws at them.

Join in a guild. Next.