Early Access was misleading

Mythbran

regardless of 99% of the kids that are on the forums saying "it was perfectly clear!" "what didnt you understand about EGA!"

aight kids let me explain how adults understand this..

Hey! if i pre-order this game i get EGA! COOL! ill do it...

YOU:

EGA comes: ***... umm you mean i dont get EGA? ohhhhh i get EGA acess when you decide i am worthy.. ahh.. that wasnt what you said in july.. you said 5 days EGA..

BW Officials:

btw we gonna do waves and gl getting in when we think you should.. and thanks again for preordering our game and spending alot more than if you waited till dec 20th!

NOWHERE did i see "EGA using waves and you MIGHT get in if we accidentally send you an email"

i simply saw "EGA up to 5 days, depending on release availability"

that is suggestive and misleading.. i rate BW a 1 out of 5 for this release.

Ive participated in 89% of the MMO's that have come out for years now. I code and develop addons for games like this. I have a masters degree in computer engineering. and i know how to read. treating customers with misleading information and random invites leads to a failed game after launch.

gl getting in AUG 18th preorder still not in.

An actual adult understands that life is not always "fair" and waits until it is their turn in line.

If you show up to a black friday sale 10 minutes before the store opens and have to wait in line behind 300 people is that not fair? You brought the same money as the guy that is first.. why the hell should he get the $200 TV and not you.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't misleading at all, if you understand the english language.

I am an adult, I see some guy above me complaining it's all kids saying it wasn't misleading.

If anything I would expect an adult to not get mislead, but would expect a 'kid' to get mislead.

Edited by Tekkoclarky

Considering they moved up the launch date to compensate for their 'no grace period' so TODAY is the new launch date in the UK and tomorrow for the US. It's fair to be upset.

Today is not launch day nor will it be tomorrow it is EARLY ACCESS.

Umm everyone who registered before December is going to get 5 days... and those who ordered after that will get 4 days...

it was in no way misleading, in fact it is very very gracious and unexpected that they gave everyone even more time and went above and beyond their promise.

Exactly. Our culture is hosed if the response to being given something is "You didn't give me enough." It's unsurprising given a generation of children who got trophies for showing up to soccer games, win or lose, and didn't get a report card with actual grades on it until they were almost adults, and had mommy and daddy telling them how super special they are all the time.

Spoiled, entitled children.

Our culture is hosed.

Up to 5 days early was misleading to many of us. EA should have explained that if you register later than August the reality would have been only one or two days early. No real reason for not letting more people in and they are starting off on a sour note for many people. Considering a refund rather than pay a premium for something that turns out to be much less than anticipated. Which is what you could call the definition of disappointment.

Would have been nice if EA said upfront that they only expect you to get in one day early if you register in November instead of just taking people's money.

Last I looked but the numbers 1 and 2 where less than the number 5... KEY WORDS AR " UP TO"... learn basic English comprehension and a little math.

Up to 5 days early was misleading to many of us. EA should have explained that if you register later than August the reality would have been only one or two days early. No real reason for not letting more people in and they are starting off on a sour note for many people. Considering a refund rather than pay a premium for something that turns out to be much less than anticipated. Which is what you could call the definition of disappointment.

Would have been nice if EA said upfront that they only expect you to get in one day early if you register in November instead of just taking people's money.

You are either a troll, or dimwit who fails to grasp that game launch is the 20th, and friday is the 16th, and with projections they will be caught up on friday (sat at the latest) meaning that at worst even for december pre-orders you get 4 ( 3 if you just unlucky as all can be) early access days before official game launch to public (dec 20th)

You sound jealous, or trolling, despite foolish at anyrate since you forgot that they started 2 days sooner then advertised.. seriously grow up.

No, you are just a moron that can't read. "up to 5 days early access" and it also said that your place in the queue depends on when you added the key to your account.

Also the time you posted that was yesterday which is one day before the early access starts. You are moaning about something that has not started yet. Fail.

regardless of 99% of the kids that are on the forums saying "it was perfectly clear!" "what didnt you understand about EGA!"

aight kids let me explain how adults understand this..

Hey! if i pre-order this game i get EGA! COOL! ill do it...

YOU:

EGA comes: ***... umm you mean i dont get EGA? ohhhhh i get EGA acess when you decide i am worthy.. ahh.. that wasnt what you said in july.. you said 5 days EGA..

BW Officials:

btw we gonna do waves and gl getting in when we think you should.. and thanks again for preordering our game and spending alot more than if you waited till dec 20th!

NOWHERE did i see "EGA using waves and you MIGHT get in if we accidentally send you an email"

i simply saw "EGA up to 5 days, depending on release availability"

that is suggestive and misleading.. i rate BW a 1 out of 5 for this release.

Ive participated in 89% of the MMO's that have come out for years now. I code and develop addons for games like this. I have a masters degree in computer engineering. and i know how to read. treating customers with misleading information and random invites leads to a failed game after launch.

gl getting in AUG 18th preorder still not in.

First off, you are foolish if you spend more money then the edition of the game you got (regular, digital delux, ce, etc) was worth.

Secondly, I'll point out that your upto five day QQ is whinny. That ANYONE who ordered before Nov. Got 5-7 days early access instead of upto 5. Today is the 15th and they are meant to be finishing up Nov. today, and BTW it's 5 days early access TODAY, so it looks as if the only ones not getting 5 full days are dec, but 4 days (or 3 if you are just unlucky and they can't by shear volume get you) early access for dec pre-orders is darn good also.

I've heard nothing but good things on the technical side of the early access (ignoreing all the QQ about them not getting Super early access [it started 7 days early, NOT 5 you dam fools])

----

scrubby scrubby, clean clean.

Edited by Phoegon

“I don’t know what you mean by ‘glory,’ ” Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. “Of course you don’t—till I tell you. I meant ‘there’s a nice knock-down argument for you!’ ”

“But ‘glory’ doesn’t mean ‘a nice knock-down argument’,” Alice objected.

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”

“The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.”

“The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master that’s all.”

Alice was too much puzzled to say anything, so after a minute Humpty Dumpty began again. “They’ve a temper, some of them—particularly verbs, they’re the proudest—adjectives you can do anything with, but not verbs—however, I can manage the whole lot! Impenetrability! That’s what I say!”

Impenetrability indeed. I mourn for our future if folks like the OP factor into it in any significant way...

Deftently a little misleading, but what aint missleading in US?

Mixing US and EU in waves most be worst ide ever, considering how many that have order Early access(yes you order early access and payed for it when you bought it pre-order).

And actually not giving out better information just pissing me off.

They could at least have given us the plan for all the waves and said you might get early in.

I mean when it goes so far that people are taking a day of to play and have no clue if they are getting access that day.

Just normal crap when a new mmo releases. So enoying that they never seems learn what we gamers want.