Are there going to be macros.

Peeweesilky

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope not , i mean why do you need macro's? ppl forgot how to play? when to use their skills? to lazy to keep an eye out for their cooldowns?

No more finger acrobatics? just 4 buttons to play?

no i like it this way , time you're attacks, use 20 keybinds and know when to pop a certain skill instead of spamming button 1 with follow up attacks. There is no skill in them and thus i hope they will never be implented.

a reall skilled player knows how to bind they skills to their mouse/keyboard/gamepad. and THAT is the skill of a player not macro bashing.

I would like to see macros implemented but I think bioware should restrict what the macros can and can't do.

Macros that would improve quality of life but not make it a one button game.

Mouse over healing macros for healers

Activating Relic and dps/heal cooldowns with a single button press instead of three.

Bad macros are pretty much the ones that involve cast sequences

I currently have 30 buttons keybinded(http://i43.tinypic.com/r1davq.jpg) I'd like to free up some of them.

I would like to see macros implemented but I think bioware should restrict what the macros can and can't do.

Macros that would improve quality of life but not make it a one button game.

Mouse over healing macros for healers

Activating Relic and dps/heal cooldowns with a single button press instead of three.

Bad macros are pretty much the ones that involve cast sequences

I currently have 30 buttons keybinded(http://i43.tinypic.com/r1davq.jpg) I'd like to free up some of them.

Lol, you counted the 30 abilities you have on your hotbar when over half of them arent keybound.

They have keybinds for targeting party members.

You shouldnt need a macro to move your mouse to their frame unless your intent is to sit still pressing heal buttons while the game targets for you.

Aimbots do that in Call of Duty.

i hope not , i mean why do you need macro's? ppl forgot how to play? when to use their skills? to lazy to keep an eye out for their cooldowns?

no i like it this way , time you're attacks, use 20 keybinds and know when to pop a certain skill instead of spamming button 1 with follow up attacks. There is no skill in them and thus i hope they will never be implented.

a reall skilled player knows how to bind they skills to their mouse/keyboard/gamepad. and THAT is the skill of a player not macro bashing.

You don't know what macros are or what they're used for.

You shouldnt need a macro to move your mouse to their frame unless your intent is to sit still pressing heal buttons while the game targets for you.

I would prefer to keybind my abilties. and use the engame raid style bars..

but setting up a focus for tank is always a good thing.

i really wish people would stop commenting on things they obviously have no idea about. macros telling you when to use skills? showing cooldowns? ROFL!!

when are people going to realise they arent magical hacks that play the game for you.

look 'em up, you might learn something.

Not sure how "deep" things you can do with macros in wow, but a minor "macro" I'd like to see.

- Toggle companion AoE attacks on/off. This alone would be nice. Even better if you could macro which ones.

Sure others have similar wishes. Personally i don't need "automation", just things that makes simple things like this easier/faster.

Not sure how "deep" things you can do with macros in wow, but a minor "macro" I'd like to see.

- Toggle companion AoE attacks on/off. This alone would be nice. Even better if you could macro which ones.

Sure others have similar wishes. Personally i don't need "automation", just things that makes simple things like this easier/faster.

How often do you need companion AoEs turned on and off?

Wow... talk about clueless

I just want a mental interface so I can just think what I want to happen...

as a side note most abilities trigger the GCD so I don't see macros being all that helpful less your wanting them to play the game for you...

probably should hasve putted my post more in line's like this , lol i woke a few trolls by my OP xD

OMG.. Everytime.. Mine does a aoe tount with bombs.. don't need that whem i'm cc'ing 1 elite and killing two..

when the cc finishies.. ya aoe taunt go go go..

Edited by Yamok

Quite a lot. Playing with Nadia almost exclusively atm. As a sage, I lift one elite and start to dps the other(s) with Nadia. If she has her AoEs turned on, the lift (=cc) on the elite breaks fast. Otoh, when the adds are down, I'd like her to have the AoEs on for more dmg. And naturally want to have them on when no cc'd mobs near.

Workaround so far has been waiting after the lift for other mobs to come to us, but some dont like to move (or have horrible pathing) and it takes time (all the while the lift on elite is ticking).

Was same thing with Qyzen at early levels. AoE broke lifts, but it was also nice extra taunt when no cc'd mobs near.

Edited by Freor

Wow... talk about clueless

exactly, this is the kind of lack of knowledge we're dealing with here. these people scream they dont want macros in the game but have no idea what macros do/are!!

its a losing battle too. whats the phrase? dont argue with an idiot; they'll lower you to their level and win on experience.

edit:

re. comp aoe skills. if they stayed turned off and not reset every time you mounted up it would be a start..

or more correctly, comp. aoe should not break cc!!

Edited by supZ

Quite a lot. Playing with Nadia almost exclusively atm. As a sage, I lift one elite and start to dps the other(s) with Nadia. If she has her AoEs turned on, the lift (=cc) on the elite breaks fast. Otoh, when the adds are down, I'd like her to have the AoEs on for more dmg. And naturally want to have them on when no cc'd mobs near.

Workaround so far has been waiting after the lift for other mobs to come to us, but some dont like to move (or have horrible pathing) and it takes time (all the while the lift on elite is ticking).

Was same thing with Qyzen at early levels. AoE broke lifts, but it was also nice extra taunt when no cc'd mobs near.

fellow sage here.. and I know exaclty what u mean..

also. why can't i move my pets abilites? that would help aswell.

exactly, this is the kind of lack of knowledge we're dealing with here. these people scream they dont want macros in the game but have no idea what macros do/are!!

well if alot of ppl dont really know what they are , maybe you can enlighten us about this and see if most ppl are incorrect/ have the correct idea about them.

Doesnt have to be long offcourse.

and no this is not a trollpost.

well if alot of ppl dont really know what they are , maybe you can enlighten us about this and see if most ppl are incorrect/ have the correct idea about them.

Doesnt have to be long offcourse.

and no this is not a trollpost.

Macro from WoW:

/castsequence reset=3 spell,spell

end macro

what that does is cast 1 spell, then a second spell, but only if you press the button again.

so it need two button presses.

or if you only press the button once, it will reset back to the beginning after 3seconds. if you dont press the button again for the second spell.

purpose:

saves slot space

Edited by Yamok