Smuggler Hat

Spiritlord

I wont lie. Part of the reason why I want to play a smuggler is for the awesome hat. When can you get your first one that looks like the cowboy hat thing. Please don't tell me I have to wait for the champion helmet... lol

Also. I have a sniper atm, should I go with same play style and do gunslinger... or go for the scoundrel?

I'm above level 40 and I still don't have the hat so I "assume" it is something you get at or around level 50. The jacket is the same... It supposedly drops somewhere in a few lower level flashpoints but you'll probably be 50 when you get it.

As far as your path goes...

Going Gunslinger will probably be easy since you have a Sniper but do you really want to level a character that is identical to your Sniper?

If I rolled an Imperial Assassin I would make him a Sniper because I currently play a Scoundrel and I wouldn't want to level the exact same character twice.

I know the stories are different and the planets are different but overall it would feel the the same character and that might be a little boring.

The only cowboy hat I saw so far had a... a hoodie on the back of the head? Very strange. Why is the back of our head covered? And do we get a hat without it?

Why can't the artists figure out how to say when...even the coats are out of control, short sleeve dusters with wacked out designs...more gear like the Intro video or Han Solo please and less Lando with his pimp capes.

.more gear like the Intro video or Han Solo please and less Lando with his pimp capes.

Yes please. And I can't be the only one who doesn't want the hat. I kind of like my sharpshooter helmet with the eye scope thingy !

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, the hood's annoying. I suppose it has to do with some of the wacky hairdos they've got... but they could always go the WoW route and just give anyone with big or unusual hair a basic short cut in the back.

I'd really like Nico Okarr's hat & coat... no hood, goggles on the hat instead of around the neck, tho having options for both would be fine (coats with or without goggles, same with hats). I suppose the masks most of the cowboy hats have is meant to imitate bandit kerchiefs, but it's kinda frustrating. I don't wanna look like a bounty hunter or bank robber.

And with Jedi, it'd be nice if all 'hooded' chests had a toggle for wearing the hood up or down. My Sentinel's got a nice non-robe with a hood falling down his back, and it'd be pretty cool to be able to wear the hood UP sometimes, and vice-versa with the armored hood-up robes.

• 3 months later...
I know the last post was from January, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the cowboy hat any version is wearable on empire side. I bought one level 50 orange pvp hat, sent it over to my bh and when i opened it, it was a stupid looking helmet with knobs on side of face. I was very irritated that it changed the looks of it on empire side. I would love to have the cowboy hat on my bounty hunter. Any info would be great, thanks.

Armortech can make a Medium Armor level 49 headpiece that resembles the "cowboy hat," so either faction can in theory wear it, though you're likely better off with an orange unless/until you're willing to gring out the purple one.