-Dear lord bring back progression to the game-

Creopolus

I'm in 6 piece battlemaster gear and I never use/acquire centurion gear. I was missing many pieces of champion gears when I hit 60 valor rank. I've 157 centurion recommendation sitting uselessly since i got best in slot.

Pve has no progression, it's not about grinding stuff it's about working your way up. No one wants to fully "beat" the current state of the game in 2 weeks decked out in best in slot and defeated all end game bosses. This method fails like wow beating deathwing in LFG in 2 hours.

Does anyone feel like they don't care to see heroic mode after full clearing everything on normal mode?

Bring back a system like sunwell or ulduar hardmode. It's not about wow players or swtor, it's about an endgame system that works. Don't reject what works.

Edited by Creopolus

I'm in 6 piece battlemaster gear and I never use/acquire centurion gear. I was missing many piece of champion gears when I hit 60 valor rank.

Pve has no progression, it's not about grinding stuff it's about working your way up and accomplishing something. No one wants to fully "beat" the current state of the game in 2 weeks decked out in best in slot and see all end game bosses.

You are probably a very small minority that has made it to battlemaster. I imagine that you play ALOT. I know you will claim that you don't but I don't buy it since the games PvP rankign system is all about time invested not skill.

Isn't there progression already in PvE?

Rank 1: Daily mods.

Rank 2: Normal mode FP

Rank 3: Hard mode FP

Rank 4: Ops?

Maybe Im wrong....the game is a month old dude. Not even that. Quit being dramatic.

You are probably a very small minority that has made it to battlemaster. I imagine that you play ALOT. I know you will claim that you don't but I don't buy it since the games PvP rankign system is all about time invested not skill.

Maybe Im wrong....the game is a month old dude. Not even that. Quit being dramatic.

You can skip and forget normal mode FP and normal mode ops and just jump into Hard mode FP and get 136 ilvl gear which is equal to Hard mode Ops.

This is the current system:

normal mode ops = 126ilvl

hard mode ops = hard mode flashpoint = 136 ilvl

nightmare = 140 ilvl

The progression isn't well designed. My guild beat normal mode of the 5 man the first day we tried it. Took us about 4 hours and it wasn't that difficult. I personally have no real interest in doing hardmodes though.

PvP is weird. You have 3 tiers but you pretty much get the 2nd tier more then the 1st. I would imagine the 3rd tier is very much the same. Regardless the gear progression isn't that interesting.

It would be neat if they designed a system where you had 2 dungeons. Essentially on average the average player base could complete the 1st one but until the next content patch came out that high end tier would become the normal and the latest content would be more difficult to get into.

People still get to see the content if they play casual about it. Its just going to take longer then the dude who decides to spend 40 hours a week in the game. No matter how much content they put up the hardcore gamer is going to consume it faster then they can create it.

so you got battlemaster already and probably play 8+ hours a day and wonder why there is not enough content?

The problem isn't that I got battlemaster quickly. the problem is there is little to no progression. The game is designed with 3 level of tier gear for pvp.

Centurtion --> Champion --> battlemaster.

Being able to skip over a tier gear completely and jump into best in slot after 2 weeks. I don't play that much. Rank 60 valor isn't hard to get.

You can skip and forget normal mode FP and normal mode ops and just jump into Hard mode FP and get 136 ilvl gear which is equal to Hard mode Ops.

nightmare = 140 ilvl

I mean, that's still progression man. I understand that you play a lot and may be good at playing but I'd wager your speed and intensity of playing isn't the speed the game was meant to be played. Like I said, it is less than a month out of release. They are already doing a content patch with FP's and Ops, 50's PvP bracket, and a few other things. I think they are understanding that they need to keep end game interesting but I think they are doing a pretty damn good job by already releasing a content patch less than a month in.

The problem isn't that I got battlemaster quickly. the problem is there is little to no progression. The game is designed with 3 level of tier gear for pvp.

Being able to skip over a tier gear completely and jump into best in slot after 2 weeks. I don't play that much. Rank 60 valor isn't hard to get.

I see your point but saying you dont play much is ridiculous; the game has been out for a MOnth; you are level 50(100-200hrs) did all content and you are a Battlemaster all within a single month.

maybe little progression to you. 3 tiers for release is pretty good progression imo. BW basically stated that they didn't think there was going to be such an interest in PvP. They are pleasantly surprised that there is and are shifting gears to make it more focal. I'd imagine that they will have further progression at 100, then similar to seasons after that. I doubt that expected many people to be there already. They are kind of right, there aren't very many people there....

Sorry if i'm repeating myself. To fully "beat" the current state of the game in 2 weeks decked out in best in slot and defeated all end game bosses. This method fails like wow beating deathwing in LFG in 2 hours.

Does anyone feel like they don't care to see heroic mode after full clearing everything on normal mode?

Bring back a system like sunwell or ulduar hardmode. It's not about wow players or swtor, it's about an endgame system that works. Don't reject what works.

People wants to work towards something like defeating muru or kiljaeden. Keep the mystery and challenge left in the game. Make the journey to get stronger throughout the game worthwhile. It's like playing an rpg and you collected all these items venture hours and hours to get stats bonus and hit lv 100 just to find out that the last boss is a joke you coulda skip half the game and done it when you were lv 20 with little effort.

Edited by Creopolus

Sorry if i'm repeating myself. To fully "beat" the current state of the game in 2 weeks decked out in best in slot and defeated all end game bosses. This method fails like wow beating deathwing in LFG in 2 hours.

People wants to work towards something like defeating muru or kiljaeden. Keep the mystery and challenge left in the game. Make the journey to get stronger throughout the game worthwhile. It's like playing an rpg and you collects all these items venture hours and hours to get datacrons and hit lv 100 just to find out that the last boss is a joke you coulda skip half the game and done it when you were lv 20 with little effort.

I'm just saying your expectations may be a little higher than they out to be for a game released less than a month ago. It took WoW years to develop their system of progression.

I'm in 6 piece battlemaster gear and I never use/acquire centurion gear. I was missing many pieces of champion gears when I hit 60 valor rank. I've 157 centurion recommendation sitting uselessly since i got best in slot.

Pve has no progression, it's not about grinding stuff it's about working your way up. No one wants to fully "beat" the current state of the game in 2 weeks decked out in best in slot and defeated all end game bosses. This method fails like wow beating deathwing in LFG in 2 hours.

I play far more than I consider healthy, and I'm only valor rank 53. That's doing pretty much nothing but PvPing at 50. The problem is you play too damn much. I'll probably still be collecting BM gear 4-6 months from now, if not longer. That's pretty good progression for a new game.

Edited by Draemos

Sorry to keep wow in this conversation, but it's a good comparison as an MMO.

Take deathwing for example.

It was designed to be an epic and amazing fight, but then you go into LFG and full clear the instance in 2 hours you are left with a feeling like it's definitely not epic. You can design easy places just don't make the whole game easily accessible.

A good system would be:

Bonethrasher - Casual easy

EV - Hard for normal players

Another Ops - Super hard for semi hard players

Another Ops - Extremely hard for the hardcore.

A wow version:

Magtheridon lairs: Casual easy

Gruuls lairs: Casual easy

Tempest keep: Hard

Sunwell - Extremely hard

etc.

Edited by Creopolus

I don't understand why you have to allow everyone to see everything easily and effortlessly.

Effortless and easily to you. I haven't done any heroics yet, ops, nothing on nightmare, etc. I think this is coming down to "special snowflake" complex. No one here will convince you that elitist and hardcores deserve something special for playing alot. So I'm outy.

Effortless and easily to you. I haven't done any heroics yet, ops, nothing on nightmare, etc. I think this is coming down to "special snowflake" complex. No one here will convince you that elitist and hardcores deserve something special for playing alot. So I'm outy.

We're not asking to make everything hard. Just different section with different difficulty. You can still do your heroic Flashpoint but give us something else beside EV that you can full clear in 2 hours.

Sorry to keep wow in this conversation, but it's a good comparison as an MMO.

Take deathwing for example.

It was designed to be an epic and amazing fight, but then you go into LFG and full clear the instance in 2 hours you are left with a feeling like it's definitely not epic. You can design easy places just don't make the whole game easily accessible.

A good system would be:

Bonethrasher - Casual easy

EV - Hard for normal players

Another Ops - Super hard for semi hard players

Another Ops - Extremely hard for the hardcore.

A wow version:

Magtheridon lairs: Casual easy

Gruuls lairs: Casual easy

Tempest keep: Hard

Sunwell - Extremely hard

etc.

You do realize that WoW is backing away from that system because they realized that it frustrates the 95% of playerbase that doesn't get to see it right?

nightmare = 140 ilvl

This is incorrect;

Normal Mode Ops = Hard Mode Flashpoint Bosses; Rating 126. Both loot and tokens.

Hard Mode Ops = Hard Mode Flashpoint *Last Boss Only*; rating 136. Also, from what ive seen, the last bosses in HM Flashpoints cant drop the entire array of 136 Loot - only 3 or 4 slots covered in all of the FPs. You do get a *very* few of the HM Ops tokens (1-2 per HM FP) as well.

Nightmare Mode Ops;rating 140.

It would be *very* time consuming to get full 136 rating gear from HM FP's alone. You can only do.. six or seven a day, and you get 1 badge per HM. It would take days of doing them all (and some of them are quite hard and overtuned right now) to get a single piece of gear.

I personally dont see anything wrong with that; it gives the guy who wants to plug away at his gear a path, and it gives raiders a path.

The complaint, it seems to me, is that there is no stupidly overtuned operation, akin to how overtuned MC and Onyxia were at WoW launch. People have decidedly rose-colored glasses about how "cool" it was having to essentially exploit an unintended game mechanic (FR stacking) to even beat these encounters. It wasn't that cool. Other developers, as well as Blizzard, learned from the mistake of catering to 1%ers. 1%ers dont keep your game afloat: average people do.

The Gear Path seems pretty simple to me:

Crafted Purple Mods/Daily Mods (rating 122-124) in your gear

Doing hardmode FPs for Tionese gear - (ratinh 126), or running normal mode ops for this same gear

Hard Mode Ops Gear

Nightmare Mode Ops Gear.

PvP is similar, though they recently removed step one:

WZ Commendation Blue Level 50 PvP gear with Expertise

Centurion Gear

Champion's Gear

Battlemaster Gear

.. honestly, it is HARDER to get PvP gear because of RNG. In PvE you get enough tokens to just buy what you want.

Progression seems fine.

People wants to work towards something like defeating muru or kiljaeden. Keep the mystery and challenge left in the game. Make the journey to get stronger throughout the game worthwhile. It's like playing an rpg and you collected all these items venture hours and hours to get stats bonus and hit lv 100 just to find out that the last boss is a joke you coulda skip half the game and done it when you were lv 20 with little effort.

So if WoW is so great why are you still here? Why do WoW people just want more WoW? Don't they give you enough there? If you like I can re post this again so you get it. ;)