if you flood wow with 400 people in one area the game lags out...think about it

luminoussun

Go on youtube and watch every planned event.

The same thing happens every time.

As soon as you get a few hundred people in one area the whole game lags out and the server crashes.

Imagine raiding stormwind with 5000 people :) That is the same as all of us starting a game in the same area.

The servers would come crashing down.

As much as i am jealous and envious of all the pre order nerds playing there little hearts out while i play league of legends,

I would not subscribe to a game that crashed out every time it was busy.

Plus imagine soloing a kill quest and 300 people are on the same quest killing the same creatures.

Umm, WoW doesn't do sharding the way TOR does and I even in IF or SW during some of the bigger events I didn't have lag issues. Just sayin..

Sure there was no problem with it at all. They didnt limit the number of people who could go into wintergrasp at once because of it. Just saying...

at 3.2 Patch in WoW(ulduar Release) we where 30+ 25 man guilds waiting outside the entrance to the raid for the Raid Instance to be opened and didnt have crashes,

+ SWTOR uses Sharding aka new Shard is made as soon as area goes above 150-200 ppl

I haven't lagged in wow since BC. You know what happened around then? Server upgrades from bc into wrath.

I play on Thrall, one of the most horde populated servers in the game. There is at least a thousand people in Org at any one time and I experience next to no lag.

Your argument is wrong.