First month technical questions

Residentx_NA

I love this game but today I had some problems.

1. Targeting - Do I have to manually target or will I always have to wait to be hit first for the autotargeting to work?

2. Loads - Is there any way to speeding the loading and exiting of this game? It sometimes takes 10 minutes to release the computer back to me.

3. Videos. I opened a ticket on this today but when I returned to Youn Par/Jedi Master several times the video locked and then I was disconnected from the game. A few times I was able to abort the hanging video but when I reclicked it did the same thing.

4. Bandwidth - How does this game need to run correctly. Is the stream 10k or more? I played today and partial environment load....then a few minutes later the rest would come in.

Just questions.

The targeting is annoying because I can't select an enemy from a distance. Basically, I have to be right on top of them to target manually. Also, during combat in groups I have to wait for the another enemy to "hit" me for me to target them. I just trying to find a smoother way.

You should post your PC specs, or a full dxdiag report as a spoiler. Some of the problems you list sound like they could be related to your computer. The long startup and shutdown times for the game as well as the world taking a long time to load could be issues with slow RAM, not enough RAM, low video memory, slow video memory, an overworked CPU that can't keep up, or any number of other things. I doubt it's a network bandwidth issue, though. Not unless you have an extremely slow hookup.

You should post your PC specs, or a full dxdiag report as a spoiler. Some of the problems you list sound like they could be related to your computer. The long startup and shutdown times for the game as well as the world taking a long time to load could be issues with slow RAM, not enough RAM, low video memory, slow video memory, an overworked CPU that can't keep up, or any number of other things. I doubt it's a network bandwidth issue, though. Not unless you have an extremely slow hookup.

This ^

Everything you are saying sounds like you have computer issues -- especially a possibly weak video card. This would explain very close draw distances on enemies, slow loading and exiting times, and your other issues.

The targeting is annoying because I can't select an enemy from a distance. Basically, I have to be right on top of them to target manually. Also, during combat in groups I have to wait for the another enemy to "hit" me for me to target them. I just trying to find a smoother way.

Not sure I understand your problem. You can manually (i.e. click on) a target that is outside of any combat range you have, but yes there will be some limit to how far that is. But you definitely don't need to be on top of them to click them.

As for using the keyboard to target, one thing I found useful was binding a key to the 'target closest enemy' directive - in addition to the tab-key cycling through targets. In this way if I was getting hit in the face while I was targeting a different enemy I could just hit this key and know that I would then be targeting the closest enemy.

Thanks for your comments. I have an HP8760w with a 4GB Quadro card and 32GB of System RAM. I'll review my settings to enable the suggestions offered. Thank you for your comments. I was traveling through hotels the past few days and I think some of the issues was bandwidth but your suggestions should fix some of my problems.

Can any of you specifically answer these questions:

1. how much large are the bandwidth streams required to play this game. For example, with City of Heroes, 10k was needed to stream correctly.

2. Is there a way to exit this game faster and regain control of my system. 5 to 10 minutes isn't a bid deal but I would like to "exit" when I'm done playing.