Annihilation Spec Priority

ChickenPho

Never double dip. Finish up your main tree before you put points in secondary trees.

Also, before making a thread I suggest looking at any posts on-going - specifically stickies - that may help you out .

That is not true at all. Pick up def forms then move up to 31 in ani. The exra fury will help leveling a lot.

Still completely incorrect.

Rush for Deadly Saber, then for Annihilate. The tree has everything you need - your offhand doesn't hit hard enough for that talent to be worthwhile.

The Annihilation tree has nothing but awesome, until way later in the tree - and even then, Force Camouflage making you invincible or Predation giving a lot of speed gives good utility.

Get Annihilate at 40. No ifs ands or buts.

Going up anni tree offers you different ways to generate rage and save rage cost. I think while leveling up it's more important to finish the tree first before dipping into another . You shouldn't need the extra rage from defensive forms if you're managing your rage properly anyways.

It does come down to opinion, I apologize for sounding divine in my advice.

I've always been of the mindset that finishing up the play-style drawn out in a spec is much more worthwhile than double-dipping for important first tier talents in other trees. Annihilation could probably spare 2 levels and get Defensive Forms if only because DoT specs aren't that great for quick-dying mobs to begin with and refreshing Rupture isn't that large of a problem.

Taking Carnage as another example: Enraged Slash is extremely important (really for all specs, but I digress) but I for one would rather get the instant Force Scream and Massacre before that and worry about min/maxing my rotation later.

It comes down to a matter of preference.

Edited by Kibaken

Still completely incorrect.

Rush for Deadly Saber, then for Annihilate. The tree has everything you need - your offhand doesn't hit hard enough for that talent to be worthwhile.

Get Annihilate at 40. No ifs ands or buts.

As Nma said, everyone has their own specialty but I disagree with you about the off-hand talent tree damage increase. Sure our spec specializes in bleeds, but we can't land those bleeds with doing actual melee attacks. You DO realize that Annihilate (the skill) is not a bleed skill but a burst skill and that DWM does affect the amount of damage you can do with it greatly. It also applies to Rupture as well since most will pick up Deep Wound talent. It too applies to Ravage, BA, Assault...I think you get where I'm going. If DWM didn't beef up off-hand damage by 36% and was much less, then yeah, it probably wouldn't be useful. 36% is a lot.

Defensive form does help out not only in adding Rage, but also giving 4% extra elemental defense. That being said, the 2nd row in Carnage tree is actually good as opposed to spending all the talents in Rage or even the rest in Annihilation (some of the talents are not needed).

The Annihilation tree has nothing but awesome, until way later in the tree - and even then, Force Camouflage making you invincible or Predation giving a lot of speed gives good utility.

Force Camo doesn't necessarily make you invincible even if you pick up the talent to reduce the damage taken (which I believe is useless since they can't even see you pretty much). It's more of a get away trick.

Predation is good as well and so is the talent that boosts the increase movement speed, but that talent is also not worth getting because if you are Annihilation spec, one would be focusing on Beserk rather than Predation. Don't get me wrong, I always use both, but Predation always comes 2nd to Beserk therefore, talents buffing up Predation are not needed.